Lvl 80 Rotation Details

Forum Forums Discussion Lvl 80 Rotation Details

This topic contains 22 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Andylynyn 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

megalegomaster2000
    Participant

@miqobot, can you go into a bit more detail regarding what the lvl 80 rotations added?

It seemed like the rotations were already pretty darn good before. I’m wondering how your team was able to make them better.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Yes, full details will be available in the patch notes for Miqobot v1.3.43.
    They are currently being prepared and will be posted in the main status thread at a later date:
    Shadowbringers – Miqobot Status

Uxhak
    Participant

The old rotations didnt use level 80 skills unless they were skill upgrades to existing skills. for example red mage wouldn’t use scorch and sam wouldnt use Shoha. they were pretty minor but they made some classes less effective then other classes both in trust and in assist mode.

darkpokemon
    Participant

Had anyone gone through a thorough examination of all the new rotations??? And if so are you able to give a detailed description of each one??

Xion
    Participant

I’m sure the patch notes will go into that, it will be done when they are ready. I’m sure its a big list.

Calm down people lol

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

The patch notes will not contain a detailed description of all rotations. Only the changes and improvements will be listed.

darkpokemon
    Participant

Hence the question I am aware that miqobot doesn’t give that detailed of a list and it’ll be up to one brace soul who’s well diverse in most classes to really analyze and give a detailed description of the jobs rotations and what works well and what could be adjusted

Xion
    Participant

Why does it matter?

darkpokemon
    Participant
    2+

:/ why does knowing what classes work well with the assisted combat matter? I don’t understand your question why wouldn’t it matter wouldn’t you like to know how well the rotations work? Wouldn’t you like to know what is capable of playing well without looking like it’s a bot playing?

Xion
    Participant

I mean we had a working rotation that didnt include the lv80 rotation so my question is why you need the details? I mean she manage to pull good numbers on parse and it’s consistant, that should be fine?

I don’t know what Miqo bases the rotations on but I assume there is from basis from optimal rotations the community makes up.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Xion.

darkpokemon
    Participant
    1+

The details are nice because with the help of people we can optimize them even better (not that miqobot doesn’t do a great job but always possible to miss) I see in other subsections of forum people are mentioning mch drifting drill maybe miqobot didn’t realize this, or dnc using flourish before technical step, samurai rotation freezing, I’m sure I’m not the only one curious about this there are so many more examples. Miqobot does a pretty bang up job when it comes to these rotations doesn’t mean I still can’t request people’s aid in REALLY figuring out how well the 80 rotations work

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

Miqobot rotations are based on the guides created by The Balance Discord community.
    In certain cases, however, we can not optimize them to match the guides with 100% accuracy, because the required algorithms become too complex. At the moment we have reached 90% of optimal performance, but the cost of every additional improvement after this grows exponentially.

Drill drift on Machinist is an example of a problem that might require another 4 weeks to address with the potential outcome of +0.5% DPS. That is why the community requested an option to disable the GCD queueing algorithm on Machinist. The details have been discussed in the main feedback thread.

We don’t describe rotation rules in details for two simple reasons:

1. It will take a few months to explain all of the decisions that Miqobot follows under different conditions.
    2. Every new version introduces new decisions and adjustments based on the community feedback, therefore this data will become outdated very fast.

However, when there is an issue with a certain ability of a certain job, we will do our best to provide all the necessary information.

darkpokemon
    Participant

I’m not asking for things to be changed all I’m asking is if some good samaritan out there who is well versed with fflogs or xivanalasyse can produce a detailed description of every classes new rotation don’t know why you’re making it seem like my question is a huge deal Xion?

Kim_Lee
    Participant

Nobody here has ever done that to my knowledge and there is no real reason for it because it won’t be changed until Miqo updates the rotation. How we have it now is people run into issues and report them. If you want more info on the rotation she already explained where they are coming from and where you can go get the info you are looking for.

darkpokemon
    Participant

Nobody here has ever done that to my knowledge

Actually I know of two people for sure who have done this in the original beta combat thread

Nobody here has ever done that to my knowledge and there is no real reason for it because it won’t be changed until Miqo updates the rotation. How we have it now is people run into issues and report them. If you want more info on the rotation she already explained where they are coming from and where you can go get the info you are looking for.

That’s exactly why I’m asking this ONCE again I’m asking if there is anyone well versed in those tools and knowing rotations so we can be made aware of possible mistakes or issues we have with the rotations instead of just making multiple post :/ but whatever I guess it’s fine thanks for the help community

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.