Level 80 Trust Dungeon

Forum Forums Discussion Level 80 Trust Dungeon

This topic contains 48 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)
  • Author

Kim_Lee
    Participant

Very well.
    We need one more week to finish critical Patch 5.3 features and then we will be able to change development priorities.

This thread will stay sticky for the next week.
    We kindly ask the community to share your opinions on this matter.

Should we postpone the feature packs mentioned above and implement the level 80 Trust Dungeon next?

– New conditions for gathering rotations.
    – Better Diadem support.
    – Additional Legendary Fishing functions.
    – Identical Cast and Identical Gig support.
    – About 20 other minor improvements.

If this is a part of the feature packs my vote is for the packs then level 80 Trust Dungeon. I don’t need to auto farm tomes as it’s easy enough to do with or without Miqo. I guess people want to spam Trust Dungeon while they sleep for 12hrs lol.

lalafell
    lalafell
    Participant

I hadn’t put in my two cents on the original topic. Personally, gathering would be most valuable to me–not for diadem but for fishing improvements. I’d use that far more than a tomestone grind, so that’s my personal preference. I won’t be upset either way. Trusts are nice. I really appreciate the level 75 being added in. I use trusts to look for glam, and to level–and don’t run them for tomestones. So a 80 dungeon would just give more potential glam for me, personally–and I realize I’m the minority in that. Whereas a fishing update lets me use it better all around the game, which is mostly why I’d prefer fishing/gathering prior to Trusts, but if both are being implemented soon, it’s not a big deal. Miqo is already immensely valuable.

khalwyn
    Participant

One possible thing to consider is the development cycle vs the game’s releases. ShB has been out for a year already and only has 1 more year left for it, will Trust dungeons still be useful when the next expansion is out?

The slow development of Miqobot (As opposed to FFXIV itself, not an insult) makes it so it’s very important to prioritize for maximum impact I think.

Kim_Lee
    Participant
    3+

Trusts will still be useful for leveling up to level 80.

Anno90
    Participant
    2+

Or even if they release a new Expansion, people can still use trusts to level to lvl 90 when there is a lvl 80 dungeon available I guess.

4DDCom
    4DDCom
    Participant
    4+

Trusts will be very important when the new Expansion comes out. I am very sure about that.

Rivx44
    Participant
    3+

Another vote for lvl 80 trust dungeon. Since the gathering won’t be ready at launch of the new ishgard resto, then I would like the dungeon first. Trust are going to be just as useful as squadrons are now far down the road. Farming tombs would be a big benefit that isn’t available yet.

Just my 2cents.

Talith
    Participant
    1+

Follow up to my previous comment – despite the changes to gathering not being ready for Ishgard resto I would still like to leave my vote for gathering improvements.

I was leaning toward support for an 80 trust dungeon – however you can do trust dungeons with combat assist on? meanwhile we still don’t have basic functionality for Identical Cast? To me its a comparison between basic functionality and something that is nice to have (although understandably if you have different view of Miqo and are only focused on tomes then you’re going to want trusts asap). Moreover the gathering and crafting improvements will still be relevant by the time the development completes (SE extended the last restoration, people are going to be going for points etc). Pricing wise the cost of crafting mats for tomes is going through the floor even now (good time to stock up ;)).

Like I get it, it sucks to not just throw Miqo on and walk off and make lunch while she does a dungeon for you but you’re not supposed to be leaving her unsupervised for long periods of time anyway? (which I kind of get the impression that’s what people want – to be able to put Miqo on, have her farm tomes until you’re capped?). Another factor to consider is that substantial work will need to be done to make these trust dungeon runs somewhat random in apperance. If a bunch of people start running Miqo and capping tomes and SE notices a huge uptick in trust dungeons and investigates then there needs to be an element of randomness or they’ll just ban everyone who runs the exact same route through the dungeon. This isn’t an issue with lower level dungeons as there isn’t as much at stake (I don’t know about other people but I get the impression that SE acts fast on any noticeable endgame combat botting vs. gathering/crafting).

I don’t know how it works for others but fishing there’s no way I can weave in an identical cast with Miqo – I can’t run her, pull in a fish, pause her, then cast identical cast. It doesn’t work she’s too quick on the next cast. Gatherer’s and crafters have been wanting these updates for how long? Meanwhile I’ve been running a trust dungeon with Miqo on as I type this and only occasionally do I need to tab over and make sure I’m not standing in aoe/make my character run forward/select targets.

I also think to the purpose of having Miqo – is there to play the game for me completely or is she there as an aid? Personally I think of her as an aid – she’s there to help me if I have too much pain in my hands for repetitive movement but I don’t want her doing absolutely everything. Some people will want that option of course and will have their own opinions about what development direction Miqo should go in.

I think if you wanted to determine development direction in terms on popularity then looking at how many people are using it for crafting/gathering versus combat assist might be a good way of determining what will get used the most? I’m not sure if the devs get feedback on what people are doing with Miqo?

Anyway that’s all just my opinion, and either way I’m still going to be using Miqo because it’s been a huge change to my ability to play. I’m not here to start an argument or anything but I hope these considerations are given some thought?

Sorry for the long post!

Kim_Lee
    Participant
    2+

In so many words that’s exactly what I was getting at. Thank you for understanding. The initial reasons we wanted these dungeon runs squadron and trust was for leveling purposes not to farm tomes. It’s just people being lazy. Yes you can use combat assist to farm Trusts with 0 issues. It could definitely be put on hold for basic functions that have no workaround.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Thank you everyone for your detailed feedback very much.
    As much as we agree with your arguments, we can not count your vote more than once. As much as we would love to satisfy all requests, we can not implement all features at the same time and we have to set development priorities in accordance to the community demand.
    Please accept our apologies.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    10+

The voting period is now complete.
    The results are as follows:

• 52% – (Lv80) Trust Dungeon support.
    • 29% – Gathering updates.
    • 19% – Neutral / Not specified.

In accordance to the community demand, we begin implementation of (Lv80) Trust Dungeon.

shallowsteve
    shallowsteve
    Participant

Trusts will be very important when the new Expansion comes out. I am very sure about that.

You mean like how squadrons were very important?
    It’s just an extension of a gimmick designed to cater to the single player demographic. There’s nothing very important about it at all. Being able to bot farm them is great for desynth, but expect SE to nerf them into the ground so they reward one item per run, at best, once it becomes a bigger problem than it’s worth.

edgedy
    Participant

Tbh with you given Aurum Vale as evidence, the 75 dungeon XP will likely be higher then the 80 dungeon XP.

Not Human
    Not Human
    Participant

The way I see it.

Crafting and gathering are in a working condition right now so this probably would be the best time to get the 80 trust dungeon added however that being said people are probably assuming that the combat assist is being worked on along side this as not all jobs are gonna be able to use this feature effectively as most people that are wanting this are going to be looking at the tomes per hour.

But those are just my thoughts.

nenesharshe
    Participant

Miqobot, do you have an estimate about when the Lv 80 trust dungeons will be supported? Much appreciated! Thank you always for the hardwork.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 49 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.