Island Sanctuary All mats, no flying needed

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Island Sanctuary All mats, no flying needed

This topic contains 54 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by  Andrewh09 1 month, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)
  • Author
    Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant
    1+

Posting here for folks to copy paste incase my PSA gets missed. Heres the new template

Heres the first chapter:

grid(Island All)

waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)

This is the chapter you copy paste for multiple chapters:

waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)

And heres the last chapter:

waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)

repeatAll(999)

And remember, if you see a number in the googledoc/picture sample that looks like this:

78(3)

It should look like this in miqo when you implement it:

waypoint(78)
    gather(3)

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Evadude Evadude.
    EruGuy
    EruGuy
    Participant

Working like a charm. Thank you so much.

edgedy
    Participant

Is there a way for me to start on one side of the island and literally gather the entire map without skipping nodes? It seems to skip around a lot.

Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant
    1+

Is there a way for me to start on one side of the island and literally gather the entire map without skipping nodes? It seems to skip around a lot.

Should be able to start anywhere if you’re on a grid path. As for the skipping. are you using the: gather() text or gather(1)? I found out recently that “gather()” will sometimes have migo stray off then go back into the path for some users. Using “gather(1)” for 1 node resolves the issue of skipping.

bcclar77
    Participant
    1+

At risk of sounding like an idiot, does anyone have the actual complete scenario they’d like to share? While the “build your own” concept is super impressive…. I feel like it would take me more time to write out a route for just what I want than to actually gather the stuff. I would just love it to gather a moderate amount of all the items and not spend a bunch of my time tweaking Miqo. Am I missing something obvious?

Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant

At risk of sounding like an idiot, does anyone have the actual complete scenario they’d like to share? While the “build your own” concept is super impressive…. I feel like it would take me more time to write out a route for just what I want than to actually gather the stuff. I would just love it to gather a moderate amount of all the items and not spend a bunch of my time tweaking Miqo. Am I missing something obvious?

There is no shame in asking. Have you tried using the template I posted? Its a simple copy and paste, and just editing the values in “waypoint(0)”

bcclar77
    Participant

There is no shame in asking. Have you tried using the template I posted? Its a simple copy and paste, and just editing the values in “waypoint(0)”

Yeah, I think I get what you intended. Create a custom loop using your (amazing) grid, hitting each thing you want. I guess my point is – you must have filled in your own right? Why not share? But no worries, I made an attempt at putting a node from each column in your spreadsheet as a waypoint and gather(100) to let it spend some time before moving on. I’ve attached it if you’d like to take a look and see if it makes sense. Commented as well for clarity.

I did find one error in the grid. It tries to spam Mount without end when you surface but are still over deep water. I had to manually swim forward to the shore line and then mount.

Anyway, great job. Just my perspective.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant

Yeah, I think I get what you intended. Create a custom loop using your (amazing) grid, hitting each thing you want. I guess my point is – you must have filled in your own right? Why not share? But no worries, I made an attempt at putting a node from each column in your spreadsheet as a waypoint and gather(100) to let it spend some time before moving on. I’ve attached it if you’d like to take a look and see if it makes sense. Commented as well for clarity.

I did find one error in the grid. It tries to spam Mount without end when you surface but are still over deep water. I had to manually swim forward to the shore line and then mount.

Anyway, great job. Just my perspective.

Thank you for pointing that out! I’m really sorry, but I copy pasted the template and chose several random waypoints from the googledoc to test its capabilities in miqo. I have no set path or scenario other than what you see in the scenario I posted originally, I left it at that so it could be there as an example for others. that scenario you made is in the right direction though. but you cant have like this:

waypoint(0)
    gather(300)

This will cause miqo to go of path to search for and gather 100 different nodes if possible from that spot then get to the next way point. I have it at Gather(1) because it represents the number a times you can only gather from the node near that waypoint. The trick is to take advantage of the loop to make things respawn after the 11th node was gathered. Heres an example of how it should go:

grid(Island All)

waypoint(0)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(1)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(8)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(52)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(63)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(65)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(74)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(77)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(82)
    gather(2)
    waypoint(83)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(104)
    gather(1)
    waypoint(0)
    gather(1)

See how it goes back to waypoint 0? That’s because once the node at waypoint 104 is gathered from, the node at waypoint 0 respawns.

Here is an updated grid to solve the water issue when going back to land.

Again, I Apologize for not having a scenario to share.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

2skies
    Participant

Is it just me, or does it take several minutes between getting to each waypoint, gathering, and then another minute or so to decide to go to the next waypoint?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  2skies.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  2skies.
    Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant

Is it just me, or does it take several minutes between getting to each waypoint, gathering, and then another minute or so to decide to go to the next waypoint?

I think it depends how far apart each node it and how miqo calculates the best route.

edgedy
    Participant

But to answer the question, Miqo is not very efficient at Islands (yet) I’m sure given enough time and optimization improvements may be possible but that may be significantly in the future. For now unattended this is the best we’ve got. Normally under a regular situation the Miqobot staff would give us an opportunity to vote on specific module improvements over popularity but that is no longer a solution due to Ukraine’s current wartime issues.

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster

This can usually happen when the grid is very big and has way too much waypoints on it. Since Miqo needs to do caltculations every time. Having few separate and smaller grids connected with different scenario chapters usually helps.

But to answer the question, Miqo is not very efficient at Islands (yet) I’m sure given enough time and optimization improvements may be possible but that may be significantly in the future. For now unattended this is the best we’ve got. Normally under a regular situation the Miqobot staff would give us an opportunity to vote on specific module improvements over popularity but that is no longer a solution due to Ukraine’s current wartime issues.

It’s not an Island specific problem. Same thing has been happening with Diadem huge grid for the whole location.

Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant

You’re right about that lol I don’t think I’ve used this many waymarks before when creating a grid. I also don’t think its an island specific problem since the same can occur in the diadem.

2skies
    Participant
    1+

Thanks for the dialog around this. Would a solution be to chunk the island out into smaller grids and just run a scenario using the different grids?

Evadude
    Evadude
    Participant

Thanks for the dialog around this. Would a solution be to chunk the island out into smaller grids and just run a scenario using the different grids?

That is correct. This would resolve the time issue and shorten the time miqo would calculate a path to the node you wanted.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by Evadude Evadude.
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 55 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.