Ishgardian Restoration Rankings Begin in Patch 5.41

Forum Forums Discussion Ishgardian Restoration Rankings Begin in Patch 5.41

This topic contains 13 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by malarkey malarkey 3 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

Xion
    Participant
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

It actually says until 22 January.

Xion
    Participant

Whopps, you’re right. But looks like I can’t edit OP.
    I assume 5.41 drops next week then.

Bloodmaul
    Participant

Any tips on getting in the top 12? I started playing a few months ago and like to collect everything so I’d like to try and get everything from this event if possible. Don’t need to share any secrets or whatever, I just don’t know what to expect. As of right now I just plan on running a mining bot throughout the night.

SirVG
    SirVG
    Participant

Go after a crafting ranking. DO NOT TRY FOR FISHING. Fishing is always the BIGGEST competitor of all the rankings.

And expect to spend all 10 days working hard on rankings. Start getting ready now by making food and pots for crafting the expert recipes, or at least the food. The crafts for Phase 3 were a definite step up for Phase 2. I would expect Phase 4 Expert to be even harder.

flamesbob
    flamesbob
    Participant

the only thing that throws me off about it being harder for this phase is that we didn’t get better gear.

weewoo
    Participant

Is this bot able to help with the Expert crafts at all?
    Also how long might the update take once the patch hits?

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

Miqo can automate any crafts done by the usual DoH crafting mechanics, she doesn’t actually care what you’re crafting – or even what particular job you are. She looks at the craft details (durability, condition, quality) and your stats (craftsmanship, control, crafting points) and uses that to determine which of the available (keybind-accessible) actions is the best to use for each step, then uses it. She will always guarantee the craft completes (contingent upon you being physically able to complete the craft – if your stats are somehow so bad the craft breaks before it can be completed, obviously Miqo can’t help you) and she will also endeavor to maximise the chances of getting HQ, unless you tell her not to bother. Note that unless your stats are high enough to guarantee that you can reach 100% HQ independent of material condition, Miqo cannot guarantee this either. She will make a very good effort, but ultimately she can only accomplish what you, the player, would have been able to. She just does the calculations for you.

Update time cannot be predicted ahead of time, but the dev team always works very hard to make sure that Miqo’s downtime is minimal, and all licenses are extended with both the time for the patch itself and the time to update Miqo. When a patch hits, expect at least a few days, possibly a week, even more for big patches. Keep an eye on the forums, the devs will announce when Miqo’s back up and may post progress reports if they feel it’s warranted.

Dodger
    Participant

While I haven’t been in the game yet, a friend of mine has stated that the difficulty of the new recipes has NOT changed from the last set of rankings. Yes there are new items that will have to be gathered from the Diadem. Having achieved “saint” on the last round of rankings, be prepared for some long days. I found it best to scour the market boards and buy the mats needed for your crafting. Have plenty of food and Syrup ready as well. Don’t simply try to get into the top 12, you need to aim for as high as yo can. There were numerous people last time that sandbagged their turn-ins until the last day so no one can see that they are working on it. I can verify this as once person beat me that wasn’t even on the list the day before then showed up the next day with over 1 million points. Lastly, I did not use Miqo for the crafting. I worked on a rotation that would yield HQ about 75-80 percent of the time and it because it was my own rotation, I was better able to time the reapplication of food and syrup in a more timely manner.

edgedy
    Participant

Miqo is good for the rotation it just needs massive calculations, be ready to spend 8 minutes wasting your cunning syrup, and refreshing it as necessary. Its a good idea to do 7-8 crafts per if you want to maintain the cunning. If it rolls over and the cunning/food runs out then it restarts the calculations. You want it to use the best possible 2:1, with manipulation, waste not, and innovation.

Also make sure you have all your skills on your bar, the secret to success is rapid synthesis and patient touch. Even when it’s risky, it’s necessary.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 3 months ago by  edgedy.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    • CP chunk setting reduces solving time at the cost of accuracy.
      – CP 2:1 – Accuracy 100%.
      – CP 4:1 – Accuracy 99%.
      – CP 8:1 – Accuracy 95%.
    • CPU Intensive settings increase average HQ rate at the cost of solving time.
      – Manipulation – Average HQ rate is increased by 3%.
      – Innovation – Average HQ rate is increased by 15%.
      – Waste Not – Average HQ rate is increased by 0.5%.

Waste Not is only 0.5%.

dartan187
    Participant

I completed the 500k achievements with Miqo, I did not go for rankings though. It took about 700 crafts to hit 500k. This is a very time intensive process.

Using Experts crafts with stats: 2763, 2850, 660.
    I used this to do it. Crafts 7 items, reapplies syrup and crafts seven more. Adjust the repeats to match your mats\inventory space. I put most of my notes in the scenario itself.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

imayx
    Participant

if you refresh your syrup before it runs out but after miqo has solved, does it prevent miqo from needing to re-solve?

malarkey
    malarkey
    Participant

As long as you don’t try to resolve with the syrup buff off Miqo won’t have to solve again.

The only times Miqo will need to resolve the same recipe type is if your stats change, you stop Miqo in the middle of calculating, close Miqo after, or solve a different recipe type then go back.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.