Is there a reason Miqo doesn't store solved recipes somewhere?

Forum Forums Discussion Is there a reason Miqo doesn't store solved recipes somewhere?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

CirnoBot
    Participant

Basically title.

A solver usually stores last used recipe, even if you interrupt it, afk for a while, gather stuff, you can still come back to original recipe and it’ll do it without recalculating stuff.

So I though, if the technology is here, why can’t we save solved equation, and instead of making CPU process thru it second time, let Miqo check for stats and recipe difficulty, and if they match with saved existing Solver solution, use it instead of redoing whole thing.

Would be really usefull if you were to rapid craft a few different things.

Also I don’t understand why Miqo needs to redo Solver for different items if a lot of items have same difficulty with the same amount of Durability.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

This question has already been answered a few times.

The short answer is because this feature is technically very complex and will not result in a significant boost.
    Saving and loading solutions will require additional CPU time due to compression and decompression, and this time is comparable to solving itself. This feature is classified as QoL improvement and has a low priority.

The details are explained in this thread: Save/Load solver alghoritms

Also I don’t understand why Miqo needs to redo Solver for different items if a lot of items have same difficulty with the same amount of Durability.

If you craft two different recipes with the same parameters, the same character stats, and the same set of abilities, there will be no recalculation indeed. But even a single change in the input data triggers cascading changes in the solution map and it must be reconstructed from scratch.

CirnoBot
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind honestly saving a few gig files on HDD to save recalculations.

Maybe i’m doing something wrong, but switching from different food/pots def recalculates whole thing. I’ll check maybe I have some missmatched materias in my tools.

It takes a 5.3 min for me to do with all options checked.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

I wouldn’t mind honestly saving a few gig files on HDD to save recalculations.

The main problem is not HDD space, but technical complexity and limited value.
    It would take approximately 4-8 weeks to implement this feature and it would still require 30-60 seconds to compress and decompress solution maps.

Maybe i’m doing something wrong, but switching from different food/pots def recalculates whole thing. I’ll check maybe I have some missmatched materias in my tools.

Yes, this is correct.
    Using different food alters your character stats and changes the input data for Crafting Solver algorithm.

There is very little benefit in activating all options at the same time.
    You can find the list of recommended settings in the patch notes for Crafting Solver upgrade:
    Miqobot v1.3.34 – Patch Notes

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

For the less technically inclined, hopefully I can help.

Miqobot doesn’t care about what recipe you’re crafting. At all. There are a specific set of things that influence crafting, but the actual thing you are making is not one of them. She looks at things like your crafting stats, the recipe’s stats, and the skills you have available. If ANY of the relevant values change between the last craft and the next one, she recalculates, because the previous solution map no longer applies.

If I was to make a guess, I would assume that the starting level of quality isn’t one of those things, because Miqobot doesn’t try to hit the target for quality, she tries to maximise quality, until it reaches 100% at which point she ignores it. She doesn’t go “I need to add this much quality”, she goes “I need more quality”, so as long as the cap is the same, I would guess that the previous map works just fine.

But if the quality cap changes, the progress cap changes, your stats change (which would affect how much each skill advances things), or your available skills change, then she starts over. Buffs will modify your effective stats, so adding, removing, or even just changing buffs will force a recalculation.

Kim_Lee
    Participant

Yeah don’t check all the boxes. For all crafts outside of expert crafts just use innovation with cp at 8:1. Should take less than 60 sec to calculate.

zeroshadow
    Participant

Jumping in to add my thoughts.

Being able to save recipes really is vital. Jumping between a handful of recipes but recalculating for 70-90 seconds at the start of each batch just chews through syrups and food when done in bulk. Even being able to keep the last 3-5 recipes ready (instead of just the last 1) would help immensely here, even if it would eat up a couple more gigs of storage.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

As it was already mentioned, this feature will not remove the recalculation time completely.
    Regardless of the storage, it would still require 30-60 seconds to load and unload solution maps after every change in the input data. Instant loading is physically impossible.

zeroshadow
    Participant

But Miqo clearly can maintain the last 1 recipe/stat combination for instant loading. Therefore it should be possible to do that for multiple, even if there is an increased cost in storage (or possibly memory).

The possibility I raised wasn’t to save specific recipes, but to do what Miqo is doing for the last recipe – but for the last ~3 recipes.

If I’m done crafting but expect to craft the same recipe tomorrow/later in the day, I just leave miqo open so as to not waste those 1-2 mins of food/syrup. Seems kind of silly to have to do that – the data is clearly somewhere in between crafts and realistically should be able to be saved and then pre-loaded before I pop any items.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  zeroshadow.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by  zeroshadow.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

All right, we will consider your suggestion and will propose it for the community to vote in the next development cycle.
    Thank you for your request.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.