Infinite Diadem Fishing

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Infinite Diadem Fishing

This topic contains 28 replies, has 19 voices, and was last updated by  Miqo1282 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    flamesbob
    flamesbob
    Participant

To fish in diadem you will need to buy diadem specific bait. The versatile lure may work but im unsure on that. You can talk to the vendor inside of diadem to buy bait.

Moogie
    Participant

Can confirm versatile lures work, just not good if going for the rare conditional fish.

Chocobro
    Participant

To fish in diadem you will need to buy diadem-specific bait. The versatile lure may work but im unsure on that. You can talk to the vendor inside of diadem to buy bait.

I notice that it will use mooch upon getting HQ fish, but if it’s a 2 “!” tug, it will ignore it (with or without the mooch), thus losing the fish and bait. Is this intentional? Using hoverworms ofc.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Chocobro.

Fara
    Participant

To fish in diadem you will need to buy diadem-specific bait. The versatile lure may work but im unsure on that. You can talk to the vendor inside of diadem to buy bait.

I notice that it will use mooch upon getting HQ fish, but if it’s a 2 “!” tug, it will ignore it (with or without the mooch), thus losing the fish and bait. Is this intentional? Using hoverworms ofc.

Go into the fishing tab under Presets for diadem and untick “medium” under ignore tugs. That solved that for me

bottybot
    Participant
    1+

Please help, what am I doing wrong? When I run the scenario from inside the diadem it just takes me (via a lengthy way) to the bottom of the zone and tries to keep going. It’s on the wrong grid or something?

flamesbob
    flamesbob
    Participant
    1+

Do to the way it is set up (being able to queue one back into diadem for infinite fishing) it starts out at the front counter to enter into diadem. If you wish to start it in diadem its self just make sure the navigation is set from step 1. Then skip to step 3. (Step 1 positions you to talk to the counter attendant and step 2 queues you into diadem its self) all the fishing inside of diadem is step 3.

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant

So I hit lvl 80 with my fishing class.. but I still have yet to successfully fish in diadem with this scenario. xD I tried again, and even bought the specific lvl 80 lures that you get from the npc inside the diadem that can only be used in there… and now I’m just getting an issue where I lose my bait and can’t catch anything. :/

guinivere5
    Participant

are you wearing good enough gear to catch what’s here? Ideally the aesthete’s gear would be your best bet.

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant

ilvl 510 exarchic gear, all pentamelded minus the weapon/fishing rod itself. I would certainly hope that’s high enough to catch stuff there.

flamesbob
    flamesbob
    Participant

What Preset are you using? When I tried using the preset that the other person posted that updated the scenario in the grid I ran into this problem as well. I had the following checked,

Settings:
    Mooch
    Mooch 2
    Skills:
    Powerful Hook
    Precision Hook
    Double Hook

Everything else is unchecked. Especially make sure to have the ignore tugs unchecked.
    For bait I used “Diadem Crane Fly”

I hope this helps.

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant
    1+

It did indeed help! It had the ignore medium tugs checked. Unchecked that and wala, I am now catching Diadem fish. YAY! Thank you for the wonderful advice.

big_paissa
    Participant
    3+

Hi guys, was using this to get my skyward points up and decided to tweak it a bit.

– Added conditions to change bait based on weather. As far as I’m aware theres still no way to make you move somewhere based on weather but at least this way you have a chance of getting the rare fish.
    – Added a line to eat food before each fishing session. If you don’t have the food FC buff you may want to adjust your fishing preset to 30 mins.
    – Added a line to extract materia at the end of chapter 3.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Syndair
    Participant
    2+

Just a random note. All level 80 fish !!! has a dh of 1, so there is no reason to double hook. Would just throw on patience II and uncheck double hook. Making 2 fishing presets is ideal so you can ignore the !!’s on windswept cloud top. Don’t worry about running out of GP. From my understanding how the bot works with patience II is it doesn’t use it unless you are full gp or at least that is what I have observed. So you will always have gp to precision and powerful hookset. Make sure cordials are checked ofc.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Syndair.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 5 months ago by  Syndair.

Miqo1282
    Participant
    2+

Hi all, I used the file here and tweaked it a bit more.
    If started outside the NPC she’ll enter Diadem and go fish. It will only go to two different fishing locations, for lightning chaser and little thalaos plue the weather specific fishies at those two locations, and teleport back to the start after each location.
    It’ll exit Diadem and go back by herself.
    She also will catch the !! fish.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
Viewing 14 posts - 16 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.