How safe is crafting solver to use?

Forum Forums Discussion How safe is crafting solver to use?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  jap08m 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    cloud7777
    cloud7777
    Participant

I understand that crafters went through a lot of changes in 5.2 and this has been hotfixed in the laterst version of miqobot. However I would like to use the solver for levelling my crafters up to 80. How safe is it to use? Is there any chance it will fail to solve?

Also I couldn’t find anywhere about how much more optimal ticking the boxes under CPU intensive makes the craft. Is there guidance on how much better it makes the craft when you tick manipulation or innovation for example? I understand it makes it take longer to solve but it’s probably worth having them all ticked on hard crafts if it helps ensure higher HQ %.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Crafting Solver is not fully upgraded for Patch 5.2.
    We have managed to implement a bandage hotfix for the basic logic, but it’s extremely unstable. There is a significant chance of fail. Please do not attempt to craft any expensive recipes with this version.

Shadowbringers – Miqobot Status

At the moment we are working on Diadem support.
    Crafting updates are planned after that and will be released in a few weeks: Upcoming Features

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

From my experience of recently leveling an alt to 80.. miqo handles the level up recipes extremely well. I was very much shocked at how well she was performing on same-level and even some higher recipe levels with very bad gear. Gather some cheap mats, and give her a whirl. You wont be dissapointed.

And as miqo said I havent tried the end game stuff with the solver, simply because I do not want my stuff to break xD

iifetap
    Participant

Don’t use Miqo auto solver for any of the 80+ recipes, use macro crafting.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  iifetap.
    cloud7777
    cloud7777
    Participant

Excellent thanks guys. I tried it on levelling up and it seems to work perfectly. Won’t try it on any lvl 80 crafts until it’s fixed.

flintrucker
    Participant

Just to chip in — I actually have been risking and using Miqobot for my level 80 crafting and it does it just fine (haven’t had a NQ with it yet). Having said that, I am also in overmelded gear. So take it that with a grain of salt :p

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

I understand Miqo want to play the safe card etc…

But damn, the truth is, you can currently craft any level 80 3 stars recipes, provided you have best gear, close to max CP, enough cheap melds, food (no need syrup), and start with about 7000 quality points, with that Miqo never ever fail and you get 100% HQ, and the solver never worked that fast, and the crafting never had so few steps and never been so quick, you can get guaranteed 31 crafts under 40min food buff.

I understand Miqo knows the potential of her solver once polished, and maybe don’t like it not completely optimised, but damn guys, I’m glad I didn’t listen Miqo and give the solver its chance, it’s just completely usable.
    At this point there’s always someone coming in and telling me it’s a scandal that I’m using a couple of HQ mats for a 3 stars recipe, blablabla, so what the heck do I do with all the HQ mats Miqo is getting me anyway, I’m sorry but they worth nothing and I’m gonna use them where they’re meant to serve.

I just can’t wait to see the solver upgraded for Ishgard Restoration, it’s like it was meant for those special annoying recipes, and that endless grind.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by Carl Arbogast Carl Arbogast.
    Arc
    Arc

As a player and Miqobot user I also really hope and cannot wait for crafting solver to be updated for the Expert Ishgard restoration recipes.
    Like Carl Arbogast said, it really feels like the Miqo crafting solver would absolutely shine at these recipes. Currently I’m somewhere in the higher Top12 of one of the class rankings on my server, but hell, let me tell you, it’s unbearable to craft these expert recipes, having to pay attention to every single condition, your CP and your durability and having Miqobot do this would be a wonderful experience.

miliconia
    Participant

miqotebot’s current solver works with the expert recipes, however its not fully automated. its semi automated. the only input choice you have to input in manually is for the pilant buffs. as a strategy to counter the other things the bot would do while it’s advancing in progression first if a pilant buff pops up after you have manipulation and waste not 2 enabled, either use it on innovation, great strides or just observe.
    from my tests it will complete the synth 95% of the time. as far as the quality goes it varies, 85% will be above 4500, the 15% is the percentage where the bot completes the craft but quality does not meet the necessary requirements. of the 85% i would say 40% it’s max quality, while the rest will be above 5k. in the end it solely depends on your pilant choices. near the end of the craft where you are below 200 cp i would suggest you use skills for pilant buffs that enhances your quality gains rather than trying to use manipulation
    these are the settings i use
    you would need to use hq blood crafting soup ( forgot its name) and control syrup

• This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  miliconia.
    • This reply was modified 4 years, 1 month ago by  miliconia.
    LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

As a player and Miqobot user I also really hope and cannot wait for crafting solver to be updated for the Expert Ishgard restoration recipes.
    Like Carl Arbogast said, it really feels like the Miqo crafting solver would absolutely shine at these recipes. Currently I’m somewhere in the higher Top12 of one of the class rankings on my server, but hell, let me tell you, it’s unbearable to craft these expert recipes, having to pay attention to every single condition, your CP and your durability and having Miqobot do this would be a wonderful experience.

Tbh tho, they arent that hard. Yes they’re annoying, but most players arent really trying… I’ve been in the top 12 on my server and havent really tried. Stayed in my place even after not doing anything ishgard related for a couple of days. After you do a few synths, You just start cranking them out at a much faster pace. I was averaging 12-18 synths per every 40 minute foood buff. Too bad Nioh came out, I’d probably be well on my way to the mount achievement!

As for miqo being able to craft the 3* recipes with penta melds and food… If you’re already at that stage then using the solver is just doing you a disservice. Tag in your macro and do those synths 10x faster than the solver would. With the gear I have and if I use any kind of starting quality, I can usually 100% those synths in less than 15 steps, no food.

But Yeah miqo seems to do very well in one of the Golden Saucer mini games, which is reliant on procs. I can only assume the expert recipes is going to be similar. But since there’s a leaderboard for it Im not sure how to feel with miqo getting involved, could result in a lot of unwanted attention.

jap08m
    Participant
    1+

Anyone else having the problem of miqo crashing when using the recommended settings?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.