Housing Relo Scam

Forum Forums Discussion Housing Relo Scam

This topic contains 13 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Xion 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

verygud
    Participant

Be careful using miko to auto click a housing placard for purchase. I’ve noticed someone will find a spot with a big crowd, relocate to the plot and put a retainer selling junk next to the placard. Then you will autotarget their retainer and hand over your gil. I got 4 copper ore for 4 million gil. yay lol

Andylynyn
    Participant
    2+

Be careful using miko to auto click a housing placard for purchase. I’ve noticed someone will find a spot with a big crowd, relocate to the plot and put a retainer selling junk next to the placard. Then you will autotarget their retainer and hand over your gil. I got 4 copper ore for 4 million gil. yay lol

This has been a thing since like, ever. Do not leave bots unattended EVER. That includes automation scripts like these.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

Yea other people warned about it too. Dont leave a house clicker unattended.

You’ll want to be a little careful using this, because all it’s doing is spamming the command over and over again. It’s not “smart” about what’s going on, it’s just repeating button presses.

I know of at least 1 person who was doing something similar to this (spamming 0 0 4 0 with keyboard software instead of this specific bot, but the end result is the same) all night, and then claimed they woke up to find most of their gil gone. Why? Because somebody transferred their house to that spot (beating them to the punch of buying it) and they put their retainer right on the edge of the property near the board that you have to click on, and kept putting items up for sale which the bot would then buy because it was spamming 0.

Xion
    Participant
    1+

Well never bot unattended period. Then this is not a issue.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant

Not only is this a known thing – there were already stories about this exact thing happening to people like you – it’s also pretty common sense. Don’t bot unattended. Be responsible. Keep an eye on the game because bots aren’t perfect.

Sorry, but this one’s really your own fault, here.

verygud
    Participant

I mean guys, i’m not saying it was anyones fault. In fact, i find it kind of clever on their part, GG. But not everyone on this forum is an OG FFXIV player, so it’s not a super obvious thing that can happen. Hence the post.

Xion
    Participant
    1+

If you bot unattended, new user or not isn’t really relevant. It’s kinda your own fault if you let the bot buy crap of someone’s retainer. I’d done the same tbh.

verygud
    Participant
    2+

I feel you on not leaving the bot unattended. However, if we are being perfectly real here, nobody is watching their miqobot the entire time it’s on.

Xion
    Participant
    1+

I do, I have two monitors, and I know I’m not the only one in this community who run it attended, fact is most people do.

Nymph
    Participant

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong, but the placards can be focused. Set the bot up in a way that it only targets your focus and the npc trick shouldn’t be an issue.

Andylynyn
    Participant
    1+

I feel you on not leaving the bot unattended. However, if we are being perfectly real here, nobody is watching their miqobot the entire time it’s on.

I do.

verygud
    Participant
    1+

I do, I have two monitors, and I know I’m not the only one in this community who run it attended, fact is most people do.

You don’t use the restroom? Because they can empty my gil faster than I can empty my blatter lol

Andylynyn
    Participant
    1+

You don’t use the restroom? Because they can empty my gil faster than I can empty my blatter lol

I pause if I can’t monitor it. That means, pause; bathroom; back to it.

Xion
    Participant
    1+

Then I’d pause it. I take no risks with my account. If I wasn’t I’d just sit in Gold Saucer all day or mine crystals 24/7.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.