Help! Miqobot is not using Precision Hook?

Forum Forums Discussion Help! Miqobot is not using Precision Hook?

Tagged: 

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 6 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

akanesus
    Participant

At first I thought I was not paying attention but she is definitely not using it. I have it checked off under 50+ skills, and decided to observe her today while I let her fish, but instead of using Precision she’s just using regular ol’ Hook. Any idea why?

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Precision hook will make Miqobot using Patience, you need enough GP first for this. If you don’t have a large GP pool, and if you’re using other skill that cost GP, you might never reach the require GP for Patience.
    Then she will use Precision only if there is a small or medium tug, and be sure to verify you didn’t check the ignore tugs small and medium boxes.

akanesus
    Participant

I have a little over 700GP so I’m unsure if I will need more, but I also don’t have those checked off to be ignored. Would I have to select Super Patience or Patience under presets, or does it matter?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Precision Hook is used only on tiny fish. Otherwise its pure waste. Can you post some message log?

akanesus
    Participant

I shut her down for a moment to restart my PC, though I don’t think there was anything too outstanding in the logs. The fish I’m trying to catch (Samurai Fish) apparently can only be caught using Precision and is a medium tug according to some comments I have seen. I’m still trying to get a hang of fishing in the game, but does Precision really only work on small tugs then? That may explain it.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Samurai fish is small tug.
    And yea Miqo says what fish she hooks and what size it is. If you dont post logs community will spend more time on guessing. Anyway hope it helps!

vadafre
    Participant

There are fishes that are medium tug but will require either precision or powerful depending on the species. Currently, Sweatfish is a precision hookset under a medium tug 12seconds after cast. It’s for everdeep aethersand

Miqo not only doesn’t use cordial after Patience, but she doesn’t use precision on medium tug… I don’t know if I should make this as a feature request or not, as these sands should be very valuable when more recipes come out

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for reporting!
    As we already mentioned, Miqobot was not tested with 61+ content and may perform unpredictably.

Both cordials usage and Precision Hookset adjustments are planned for Upgrade Stage 2.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

From patch 4.05 notes: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/782e44043959ae82ead5c6745dac3297a0083b69

An issue when fishing wherein the incorrect line tug animation was triggered when a fish was on the line. The following fish were affected:
    Golden Cichlid
    Abalathian Bitterling
    Mirage Chub
    Tail Mountains Minnow
    Killifish
    Yat Goby
    Samurai Fish
    Tao Bitterling
    Ala Mhigan Ribbon
    Sweatfish
    Whitehorse
    Steelshark
    Deep Velodyna Carp

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.