[Grids] Eureka Orthos Trap Database

Forum Forums Grids and Presets [Grids] Eureka Orthos Trap Database

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Nekro Nekro 8 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant
    8+

Hello,

I am currently enjoying the new deep dungeon. During my solo runs I saved many trap locations of those I could either activate safely or just happen to run into. With time I collected a fair amount of locations (especially for the earlier floors 1-40).

So now I feel ready to share the first version and update it with time (also from people willing to contribute), until Miqo can support it naturally.
    For now there are 8 grids in total (21-40 and 81-100 use the same layout).

How to use:

• Import the grids
    • under navigation tab: Click on the grid according to your current set
    • on same tab: Check the Show on Radar Checkbox
    • blue points are confirmed traps
    • green beacons are locations of intuition chests (accursed hoard) which probably is a trap location, but not confirmed.

Current trap count (V04):
    SetTrapsAssumed Traps (Hoard Locations)
    001-01004102
    011-01004506
    021-04006304
    041-05003602
    051-06004407
    061-07003505
    071-08002702
    081-10003203

Have fun!

——————————–
    If you want to contribute:
    Once you added at least one extra trap and want to share them, please export all 8 grids again (even if you didn’t add traps to all of them) and upload them here. I will merge your added points with a script of mine and they will be available in the next version.
    To contribute you should have some basic understanding of the navigation grid system. There is no need to connect points together, so it’s just about placing points and dragging them onto the correct location. If you want to read about it, look here: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-navigation/

How to add trap locations
    For all contributions to work there are some rules you should follow for placing the traps. So we can avoid any duplicates. My script handles traps too close to each other, so you don’t need to hit the point with a 100% accuracy, don’t worry.

The general procedure for adding points is:

1. Use 3d radar palace of the dead option
    2. You need to run into a trap first* (either by accident or if you can see them with the sight pomander) – deal with all potential dangers
    3. Once you ran into a trap, Miqo shows you the location it was on with a white circle and name like trap
    4. Finally create a new waypoint and drag it onto the exact location of the white circle (about fully covering up the circle)

Things to watch out for:

• DO NOT change foot to (empty), it’s easier to see the added traps that way
    • DO NOT mix up silver chest trap circles as real trap locations. Miqo also shows opened silver chests (and maybe mimics too) as the same white circle trap
    • CAUTION: If you happen to run into a trap and run away out of render distance, the white circle from miqo also disappears rendering you unable to pinpoint the exact location
    • TRY NOT to move or change the type of any existing points. If you moved one by accident, thats ok ignore it. If you accidently changed the type, revert it (when in doubt to empty)
    • You can disable auto-connect, but it’s no big deal, if you did connect some points, my script cleans those connections

* There is a way to not need to run into traps, when you’ve used sight. This method might take a little bit more time:
    Place 2 grid points on opposite sites of the trap. Connect those 2 points. Then drag one point til the connection runs straight through the middle of the (this time RED) trap-circle from miqo.
    Afterwards go into bird perspective and click onto the trap circle on the line. A new point should have been added, if it isn’t placed correctly just delete this point and try again clicking on the line.
    Afterwards remove the 2 helper points and you have marked the trap without activating it!
    BE VARY CAREFUL: By connecting 2 points of different height, the actual trap point you are marking might be under or above the trap. Please avoid this and ensure that the 2 helper points are at the same height as the trap.

Adding an accursed hoard location (beacon)
    Those are just assumed trap locations, but if you also want to add them, the same procedure as above for general points apply. You can only add chests found with the intuition pomander, as Miqo only shows those with a (magenta) circle. After you added the point, switch to the point editing mode and toggle the type from foot to fly or mount, please.

Confirming a beacon as trap location:
    For this please tell me the Gridname and number of the beacon.

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by Nekro Nekro. Reason: Version 2 (+66 Traps)
    • This topic was modified 1 year ago by Nekro Nekro. Reason: cleanup contribution description
    • This topic was modified 1 year ago by Nekro Nekro. Reason: Version 3 (+74 Traps)
    • This topic was modified 1 year ago by Nekro Nekro. Reason: Version 4 (+40 Traps)
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

tkin
    Participant
    1+

I jumped into floor 21 to check out how this works. Pretty impressive. It would be really something else when it gets more datapoints for the higher floors.

When it comes to adding more trap points, you wrote:

If you see a trap with the sight pomander: run into it first – (deal with potential dangers)
    Once you ran into a trap, Miqo has marked that position with a white circle and a name like trap…

Does that mean the bot auto-marks it on its own somehow?

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant
    3+

I jumped into floor 21 to check out how this works. Pretty impressive. It would be really something else when it gets more datapoints for the higher floors.

When it comes to adding more trap points, you wrote:

If you see a trap with the sight pomander: run into it first – (deal with potential dangers)
    Once you ran into a trap, Miqo has marked that position with a white circle and a name like trap…

Does that mean the bot auto-marks it on its own somehow?

For PoD Miqo had a dedicated database for the traps, which was filled by the community automatically, when traps were discovered (either stepped on it or revealed by sight).
    Currently this does not exist for EO. However you can still see revealed traps with the 3d-Radar function of Miqo.

The 3d-Radar just shows loaded actors (other players, mobs, interactable objects, traps, etc.) the client knows about. Even if those are disabled (invisible). Once a trap gets activated the actor remains in place of the trap until it’s out of render distance, so Miqo can show the exact location the trap was on.
    This however does not mark anything permanently, thats why I created navigation grids and re-used them for this purpose of collecting the positions of the traps.

Edit: I thought my text about contributing was a little bit confusing, so I cleaned that up a little.

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant
    3+

Added Version 3, which added 74 additional traps, mostly in the mid to late floors.

21-040 +12
    41-050 +17 (+1 beacon)
    51-060 +17 (+3 beacon)
    61-070 + 7
    71-080 +10 (+1 beacon)
    81-100 +11 (+2 beacon)

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant
    4+

Added Version 4, which added 40 additional traps, focused on the last floors.

11-020 + 2
    21-040 + 3
    41-050 + 1
    51-060 + 1
    61-070 +13
    71-080 + 5
    81-100 +15 (-1 beacon)

tkin
    Participant
    2+

I wanted to say thanks for providing further updates. I haven’t gotten past 60 yet (don’t have much time these days). However, I found that many of the trap locations are covered. It makes things a bit safer using the grids you provided.

regulusking
    Participant

Hey Nekro

For now do I need to use only version 4 to be able to do solo Orthos?

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

Hey Nekro

For now do I need to use only version 4 to be able to do solo Orthos?

The 4th version is the most current and the only one you need to download, yes. However keep in mind that this is not a complete collection of traps. The grids are helpful but wont carry you trough the dungeon.
    If I remember correctly there is also a dalamud plugin showing traps in Deep Dungeons, which probably has a more complete dataset than I could collect solo.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.