Got Banned last night

Forum Forums Discussion Got Banned last night

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Xion 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

sardonicsavage
    Participant
    1+

Did you do anything else that could have resulted in a ban? ie Buying Gil? Afk Gathering? AFK Squadrons?

I guess what I am asking is what other rules did you break that possibly could have gotten you banned, as it seems very unlikely to receive a perma ban from only a few hours of MGP farming.

I personally have been farming Gold Saucer for about 3 weeks heavily. Perhaps because I spent a large amount of time in the Saucer prior to the event, I may have been “whitelisted”

This is a good reminder that this tool, however useful, is frowned upon and blatant use should be used in severe moderation if at all. Thank you for the information, and good luck on the next one.

Miqosqo
    Participant
    1+

The only way I can see this happening is if you were visible to a lot of people in a highly populated zone (which for Gold Saucer mini games you are), someone for whatever reason figured out you were a bot, /shouted about it and you got reported 100+ times in the span of minutes by everyone in there.

Given how packed with people the GS constantly is right now with the event plus the new player explosion that’s unfortunately not difficult to happen there. Sorry that happened to you regardless.

Xion
    Participant

Even if you get mass reported it would still only throw you into the gaol to be talk to a GM, or if offline when happen you’d get temp ban. I would lean into this wasn’t the first offence.

I used to have a account that I farmed shards and MGP overnight and was after a week or two temp banned (this was my 2nd strike) and is still available for me if I wanted but with 2/3 strikes on the account I don’t risk it anymore on it.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.