Got Banned last night

Forum Forums Discussion Got Banned last night

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Xion 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

beklyn
    Participant

Farming MGP with Mini Games… i was afk for like 3 Hours max. Account got Banned Perm.

So be safe out there…..

TheSacredBird
    Participant

A lesson to never AFK farm in the game. Not that it helps you now but if you make a new account, I always mute all sounds except system messages and watch netflix or something on my other monitor so I can hear if I get a message from a GM.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  TheSacredBird.

Fara
    Participant

Could you elaborate on that?
    Did you just get poked by a gm or how did they spot you?

yugite
    Participant

Perma banned?

Yeah, could you please elaborate on what happened? Have you got any warnings before? Was it your first “offense”? Trial account or a full account?

Generally, they let you go with a few days of ban if it is your first time being caught, so this is quite shocking.

beklyn
    Participant

Fresh (20 Days old) Steam Account so it was a Full Account…. no warning nothing. I was just disconnected, got the Ban message after the Login Screen. Not sure how i got spotted, i m not a guild or something. it’s not a big loss at all, so new account is running now ๐Ÿ˜‰

yugite
    Participant

Oh wow, this is my first time hearing about a ban like this. lol better start taking more care with the game becoming more and more popular now. Perhaps they have a different way of dealing with new accounts? Well, not taking my chances.

Thanks for the info.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  yugite.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  yugite.

Andylynyn
    Participant

Rule number one during MGP events:

Don’t leave the bot unattended while farming MGP.

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    3+

Rule one of using a bot: don’t AFK bot. You need to be able to respond if something happens in the game, especially being sent a message.

Miqobot is technologically safe, which is to say that SE can’t detect it running. It doesn’t touch the game memory, only looks at it – which is not detectable – and send keyboard inputs to the window, like a normal user would.

However, no bot is socially safe – that’s up to you, the user, to take care of. Avoid suspicious activities like non-stop farming, taking weird paths to move, and ignoring people around you. Those are some of the most obvious indicators of a bot.

During the MIR events like this, scrutiny on MGP farmers is much higher, because it’s a natural time for people to use bots for it. That means you need to be even more careful. I always set my AFK times to a random range and set a pre-selected random number of games to play so I don’t do exactly 100 games and then stop, just in case a GM decides to look at logs that might include that. I turn auto-AFK on with a five minute timeout so when I’m standing in front of the game, I have the AFK icon. I try to look like someone playing minigames for a little while, then leaving to do something less repetitive because minigames fry your brain if you’re actually playing them for an hour or two.

And if you’re not watching the game itself, have a way to watch your chat. The XIVChat plugin is available for the quick launcher, and the clients are $5 – desktop or android – so you can have a small monitor to watch for messages and even respond. It can even be on a different desktop machine, or your phone, so you can fullscreen netflix or something.

iSud
    iSud
    Participant

thanks! i just started using this bot yesterday and one of my main concerns is getting banned.

after reading your explanation i feel safe now, as it is what i am actually do too!

beklyn
    Participant

And if youโ€™re not watching the game itself, have a way to watch your chat. The XIVChat plugin is available for the quick launcher, and the clients are $5 โ€“ desktop or android โ€“ so you can have a small monitor to watch for messages and even respond. It can even be on a different desktop machine, or your phone, so you can fullscreen netflix or something.

Ah nice thanks for the info!

ImmortalOgre
    ImmortalOgre
    Participant

Botted here for 5 hours MGP straight, never went away from my desk.

However, I have the bot set to AFK for 10-15 minutes or so every hour, and i also visit my retainers to send them out and then go back to mini-games.

Never got a tell from a GM, never got a warning, or ban, or anything.

ps34pc
    Participant

so as long as I am watching for tells I am safe?
    I usually have the mini-games set for like 30ish min with 6 or 7 min afk in between and only use it if I can check the screen every couple of minutes

I have been doing it for many hours a day but not overnight and will shut down the game several times per day for real breaks

Xion
    Participant
    1+

As long you bot attended and not leave it on when you afk it’s safe. I’ve been farming during the event for hours but I only stand at the mini game for 20-30 minutes max then afk. Don’t stand around at mini game for a long time as it would seem suspicious

• This reply was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by  Xion.
    Arc
    Arc
    3+

That’s really unusual.

When I was banned my first time, I was farming Gold Saucer for an entire weekend straight during Make It Rain, and all I got was a 3 days suspension.
    I’ve also never heard about anyone ever getting insta-permabanned.
    Could you give us the e-mail – for science? Would also be a good reminder for everyone to play it safe.

Toxxysko
    Toxxysko
    Participant
    1+

Hmmm…

I have miqo farming MGP for me like 5-6 hours a day, set to intervals of 15-19 active and 1-5 minutes AFK.

I have been doing this every day since even before MIR.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.