Gil question

Forum Forums Discussion Gil question

This topic contains 15 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Xion 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Simpleton
    Participant

What do most of you do to use Miqo to get gil? I just seem to not be able to get as much gil as I’m seeing others get. Maybe I’m just not using miqo to the full ability. Please help assist me

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    1+

Gather. Craft. Sell. Repeat.

Kryt503
    Participant

Crafting massive amounts of leve items.

renii
    renii
    Participant

what are some good ones?

Cobine
    Participant

Shards sell well, can make a few million a day by gathering them and selling on MB. Not sure if this is good or bad?

Xion
    Participant

what are some good ones?

Coffee Biscuit

Shards sell well, can make a few million a day by gathering them and selling on MB. Not sure if this is good or bad?

Hardly when you consider gil/hr but it’s always in demand.

Cobine
    Participant

What’s a good amount of gil per day then? Just wondering. I haven’t used the bot for crafting much outside of the weekly deliveries. I mostly use it for combat assist and MGP farming. Thought I was doing alright but perhaps not 😀

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Cobine.

Xion
    Participant

It’s pretty subjective but shards takes hours to gatherer, in that time you could craft other stuff that would sell for more.
    It really comes down to know your market since they vary server to server.

Just cause I sell X item for Y doesn’t mean it will on yours etc.

Kryt503
    Participant

Coffee Biscuits are a joke if you’re after gil. Sure, the materials are super easy to gather but if you want gil, go for the BSM Leve “Keeping Loyalty.” The item you’ll be making is a Dwarven Mythril File HQ (make 3 per leve for repeat turn ins). I average about 24K per level, whereas the Coffee Biscuit gets me around 15K.

Alexvai93
    Participant

Coffee Biscuits are a joke if you’re after gil. Sure, the materials are super easy to gather but if you want gil, go for the BSM Leve “Keeping Loyalty.” The item you’ll be making is a Dwarven Mythril File HQ (make 3 per leve for repeat turn ins). I average about 24K per level, whereas the Coffee Biscuit gets me around 15K.

That’s not true i’m afraid,sure you get more money for every turn in but the amount of materials you need to craft files is a lot more than what you need to craft coffee biscuits so at the end of the day the results are pretty much comparable. Btw we’re not even considering the amount of inventory space you need to have to store all those files (if you’re going to seel them in the MB i mean) vs cooffe biscuits

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Alexvai93.

Xion
    Participant

I did this at first but due to inventory reasons I went to Biscuits. I use them for the leve and in the meanwhile they recharge I sell them on the side casually. Mostly cause it takes a long time to gatherer enough (1000+) and crystals (without having to pay overly overpriced on MB atm on Fire and Water)

Cobine
    Participant

I find it hard to believe there are better methods than shards, clusters, and crystals. These go for 100 gil each, roughly, and with bounty and the other skill on cooldown it’s very consistent… Plus it’s easy to get thousands of them and sell them with one slot. Maybe if you had lots of retainers you could make more money with other stuff but the problem is it takes ages for stuff to move. I’ve tried the last few days gathering materials for coffee biscuits and then crafting HQ ones, and in the few days I’ve spent more time and made less gil… And now have retainers clogged selling 99 items per inventory space whereas I could be selling 8000 shards for 1 space. Unless I’m doing something wrong I really don’t see how gathering and then crafting is better money.

This whole thing of marketboards being different is a lie as well. One item on Light server for 50 gil isn’t going to start selling for 5k on Chaos.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Cobine.

Kryt503
    Participant

That’s not true i’m afraid,sure you get more money for every turn in but the amount of materials you need to craft files is a lot more than what you need to craft coffee biscuits so at the end of the day the results are pretty much comparable. Btw we’re not even considering the amount of inventory space you need to have to store all those files (if you’re going to seel them in the MB i mean) vs cooffe biscuits

The inventory used does suck. If you want to go for something stackable, then I’d go with syrup made by ALC. Only downside is you need either bicolor gems or a combat retainer (that latter was my route) to collect one of the items. These are just my opinions on the matter.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by  Kryt503.

rxantos
    Participant

Prices will depend on server.So you will need to check what is in demand.

From experience, the servers in the USA datacenters the markup is about 10 times what is on Japan servers. My guess is that all the RMT going on in USA datacenters push prices up. Meanwhile there is next to no anounced RMT on japanese servers probably because they are more monitored than the USA ones.

Gil are a joke in this game anyway. It only becomes an issue when you want to get leveling equipment for your secondary jobs.

Kryt503
    Participant

Prices will depend on server.So you will need to check what is in demand.

From experience, the servers in the USA datacenters the markup is about 10 times what is on Japan servers. My guess is that all the RMT going on in USA datacenters push prices up. Meanwhile there is next to no anounced RMT on japanese servers probably because they are more monitored than the USA ones.

Gil are a joke in this game anyway. It only becomes an issue when you want to get leveling equipment for your secondary jobs.

That’s one of the (many) reasons, I became an Omnicrafter.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.