Gathering for dummies!

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Gathering for dummies!

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by PinHead PinHead 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

darkpokemon
    Participant

Hey, I was wondering if there is a chat or somewhere I could get maybe a one on one with someone to teach me how to work the gathering part of the bot, I don’t get ANY other sectionof the bot except the combat assist and when I craft I just choose which ever ratio I think would work the best :/….I tried to gather Dimythrite Ore the other day but I can’t figure it out I would really appreciate the help

LouieLouie
    Participant
    1+

At the very basic you just have to set up a Navigation grid. Here’s what I do:

1. Teleport to the specific map (closest Aetheryte)
    2. Click the ‘Navigation’ tab
    3. Click ‘New’ and tick the ‘Show on Radar’ box
    4. Click ‘On’ for the editor
    5. Start adding points to your navigation grid (‘E’ to add new points) while flying to the gathering node
    6. When the bot is close enough to the gathering nodes it will show tethers. Place a point where it can pick up all 4 possible spawns.
    7. Fly to the next node and repeat step 6
    8 Once all 3 nodes are mapped click ‘Save’ to save the navigation grid

After your grid is set up you can start using the ‘Gathering tab’

1. Click on ‘New’ to create a new gathering preset
    2. Select the navigation grid that you made previously
    3. Select the specific ‘Slot’ that your item is in OR type the item name into the ‘Gather by name’ section
    4. Tick the ‘Use compass’ and ‘Use compass ii’ boxes
    5. Click ‘Save’ to save the gathering preset
    6. Click ‘Start’ to begin gathering

Keep in mind this is the very basic use of the gathering tool. You’ll have to check back after a while to Repair gear. For advance things like teleporting to different maps, auto repair, gathering multiple things from the same node, etc you’ll have to set up a scenario

• This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  LouieLouie.
    • This reply was modified 2 years, 11 months ago by  LouieLouie.

darkpokemon
    Participant

How do I get it to fly, I made a map but lots of rocks in my way and characters just running into them lol, she wont mount even though I have the mount button unchecked and a mount on my hotbars?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Press ctrl to switch to red mode, then click waypoints with RMB, they change into mount or fly.
    The official 3d editor guide explains it pretty well, probably cant get any better: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-navigation/

a
    Participant

you can just import the ones you can find here https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/index-gathering-grids/
    choose the item then let it play

How do I get it to fly, I made a map but lots of rocks in my way and characters just running into them lol, she wont mount even though I have the mount button unchecked and a mount on my hotbars?

she wont mount if the map you made doesnt include a fly waypoint
    make one that flies above the rock

darkpokemon
    Participant

you can just import the ones you can find here https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/index-gathering-grids/
    choose the item then let it play

she wont mount if the map you made doesnt include a fly waypoint
    make one that flies above the rock

Thanks so much! I found the scenario for Dimythrite Ore and it works awesome!

PinHead
    PinHead
    Participant

The best way to learn scenario scripting is to look at other scenarios and build your understanding through their use. Grid creation is difficult at first but once it “clicks” you will never look back.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.