Gathering Assist

Forum Forums Discussion Gathering Assist

This topic contains 15 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Trigger10 2 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Trigger10
    Participant

Hey All! Just got the program yesterday and have spent several hours today trying to figure out how to set-up gathering. I tried both downloading the present grids and making my own, but am having lots of issues getting it to work. For example, I downloaded the pack that contained Silver Ore from the gathering grids page, however, when I go to execute it, I can only get it to gather at one node. It will then mount up, but not go anywhere. Are there any good step by step guides out there I can refer to? Or anyone who might be willing to provide some assistance? Appreciate it in advance!

Not Human
    Not Human
    Participant

make sure compass is tick in the gathering tab

Trigger10
    Participant

Thanks bud, I did confirm that compass was ticked. I watched the long video on the help section that walks you through how to set-up gathering. I followed it step by step creating my own grid for silver ore, yet when I go to run it, all I do is mount up and move to the next waypoint. I do not dismount and begin gathering, nor move to the next waypoint, etc. What am I missing? Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Update: tried to download the preloaded grid again. Got it to hit one node, then mounted up, moved to next waypoint and stopped. Attached picture is the error I received.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 1 month ago by  Trigger10.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Trigger10
    Participant

I’m starting to believe this is a keybind issue, especially after reading many other posts having similar issues. Can anyone assist me with reviewing my keybinds and seeing if I have something set that’s causing the problem? Thanks!

P.S. – tried to upload the KEYBIND and HOTBAR.DAT files, but the site didn’t allow me to do so. If there’s another way to send them, please let me know.

Nekro
    Nekro
    Participant

I’m starting to believe this is a keybind issue, especially after reading many other posts having similar issues. Can anyone assist me with reviewing my keybinds and seeing if I have something set that’s causing the problem? Thanks!

P.S. – tried to upload the KEYBIND and HOTBAR.DAT files, but the site didn’t allow me to do so. If there’s another way to send them, please let me know.

I tried the grid you probably where using (from mochi the silver ore safe one). It is working, so the problem most likely is in your ingame-settings. Compass btw doesn’t seem to be needed, as the gathering nodes should be close enough. But even then, just use use compass here and not the second one. Compass II seeks for the highest level and might lead different results.

You can see how the grid is setup when you tick the box show on radar. You can read here, what every grid point means: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-navigation/
    You can see that you need to fly to the gathering points first, as there is no connection from one aetheryte to the gathering area.
    With the grid shown on radar, you can see how miqo follows the path.

It sounds like a hotkey conflict for movement. You can read here, for how to setup your keybinds: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-keybinds/

The most important bit should be this:

But please don’t make any impossible shorcuts. If you assign W to Move Forward and Ctrl‑W to Camera Up, there’s absolutely no way for Miqobot to move and adjust camera at the same time. Your character will behave weird and eventually will get stuck.

Another example. If you assign NUM4 to Move Cursor Left and Alt-NUM4 to Hotbar Slot 1, Miqobot will not be able to access your hotbar without triggering cursor movement. Cursor actions have higher priority and hotbar slot will never be pressed.

Miqobot will Not detect this kind of conflicts as it would result in a significant performance penalty.
    Miqobot is already trying her best to keep things as easy as possible for you. Just don’t make them impossible 🙂

We recommend that the most basic actions are assigned to a single key each. This way, you will minimize the chance of running into unexpected issues.
    The basic actions are:

Move
    Jump
    Strafe / Turn (either of them)
    Point Camera
    Move Cursor

By default, these keys are already assigned by the game, so if you didn’t mess with them much you have nothing to worry about.

Trigger10
    Participant

Thanks Nekro, much appreciated. I have followed all of these directions exactly, and yet am still having the same issue. Could you perhaps share with me what you mapped your keys to? That would be helpful to do a comparison to my keybinds and see if the issue lies there. Appreciate it!

Naiya
    Naiya
    Participant

I took some screenshots of my keybinds before. there are several pictures so it will likely take a few posts. the zip is too large to upload

Attachments:
    Naiya
    Naiya
    Participant

the second set

Attachments:
    Naiya
    Naiya
    Participant

and final set

Attachments:

Trigger10
    Participant

This is great, thanks so much Naiya! I’ve done a comparison and our keybinds are pretty similar. I’ve attached mine for review – do you see anything specific that could be causing the issue? Appreciate your help 🙂

Attachments:

Trigger10
    Participant

File 2

Attachments:

Trigger10
    Participant

File 3

Attachments:

Trigger10
    Participant

File 4

Attachments:

Trigger10
    Participant

File 5

Attachments:

Trigger10
    Participant

Ok quick update – I tried it again, this time on my desktop, and it worked just fine. My keybinds are the same on my laptop, however that isn’t working. Any ideas on that one lol?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.