Game screen freezes

Forum Forums Discussion Game screen freezes

This topic contains 16 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jony
    Jony
    Participant

Hi Miqo and everyone.

Before I came here to ask for help I looked up under the help and discussion forums and I have tried every possible thing I found or could do on my own. But no luck. I need your help!

I’m trying to play Chocobo Racing using bot. But I’m experiencing a lot of game lag and long 5-15sec in game screen freezes.

Before I mention they things I tried. My pc specs are,

AMD 8150 8core. 6g ram. 64bit. GTX 780ti. windows 7. microsoft security essential, antivirus. No overclocks (as far as I know). I run game at lowest settings, always “standard desktop” 1920 x1080 resolution, window borderless.

I have always skype on. 2 FFXIV clients running as directx9. web watching movies/videos. And occasionally when I need random fxiv things like guildwork for hunts, and any voice chat requests when joining a farm group, raids, fun.

With all this I mentioned running. My temperatures usually iddle? at 42-46 and highest 56-60 So I don’t think I’m over stressing. I googled some forums about gpu, etc temps and they said up to 80 is ok and that was for gtx650

Here are some of the things I tried. Checked my antivirus, whitelisted miqobot and tried with or without. Read forums post and tried process monitor but I didn’t see really see anything other then Explorer.EXE, MsMpEng.exe, crss.exe and miqobot_v1.2.3.exe

I run my girlfriends ffxiv client in directx9 because the current bot im using doesnt support directx11. So running one directx9 and trying out miqobot directx11. I have tried so many combinations toning performance high and at lowest. Running directx9 client at 36fps and have enabled Limit frame rate when client is inactive, Limit FPS when away from keyboard, and this makes that fps drop to 15fps. And for miqobot I made 2 test race runs running on all frame rate options. I have also closed down every single thing I mention and only run ffxiv direct11 and miqobot, only. But i still get the same issues 🙁 alot of random lag and long in game screen freezes that make bot spam question cant find npc and stops bot.

And its just the directx11 ffxiv client and miqobot. other ffxiv client and bot runs well, every time.

I don’t know what to do. Yesterday i was at it all day at it tring to fix it. I went to bed last night at 4am tweaking stuff up. first 2runs were running “ok” not so much lag/freezes so I went to bed. Checked back in the morning around 10AM and bots only done 8 races and i see character red dc icon n game back and forth lag, in game freezes but won’t get disconnected XD

Please help. I’m willing to do teamviewer, screenshots or find any other information you need in order to find the root cause of this problems.

Long post. I also wanted to post this alot earlier but I wanted to put as much detail. Then i saw the time and i had to rush for family arrangements, good friday day.

Thank you for taking the time to read it.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Hi Jony.

First of all, we have moved your post into a separate topic, because this issue requires special attention. Hope you don’t mind 🙂

Second, let us isolate the issue. Chocobo Racing is one of the most CPU-intensive feature we have at the moment, so there may be a lot of factors involved. We would ask you to follow these steps and tell us what’s happening at each of them.

1. Restart your PC and start a DX11 version of the game. Does it perform normally?
    2. Launch Miqobot and let it auto-detect the game. Does screen lag or freeze already at this point?
    3. Copy everything that Miqobot says in the output area and post here (starting from “Hello! I am your Miqobot!”).
    4. Switch to Monitor tab and observe the data it shows. Does it show correct values?
    5. Disable 3D Radar completely. In order to do that, switch off all of these options:
      – 3D Radar tab -> show -> choose nothing;
      – 3D Radar tab -> show FATEs -> list;
      – 3D Radar tab -> show FATEs -> world;
      – Navigation tab -> show on radar;
      – Gold Saucer tab -> show -> rails;
      – Gold Saucer tab -> show -> mid-rail;
      – Gold Saucer tab -> show -> progress;
      – Gold Saucer tab -> show -> waypoint.
      With all of these options disabled, does the issue persist?
    6. If the issue doesn’t persist after step #5, then try switching them on and observe the results. Switch only one option at a time and see whether it changes anything. After you test each of the options, enable them all and tell us what happens.
    7. Instead of Chocobo Racing, try a Fishing bot. It has the most basic mechanics, so it’s better to start here.
    8. If Fishing bot works, try a Gathering bot next. Follow the steps written in the beginning of Gathering Guide.
    9. When you finally detect the issue, stop at that point and just close Miqobot. Does the issue go away immediately?

Let us know the results and we’ll think what to do next 🙂

Jony
    Jony
    Participant

Hi Miqo, I managed to get it working. Got 200 races done over night! I think it was a problem on my end. After I made this post I stumbled on youtube video about how to completely remove annoying windows genuine slui.exe message pop up window. I completely removed it and I’m so happy. I don’t get interruptions anymore. That slui.exe thing must have being one of the issues with miqobot. Since miqobot uses keyboard when slui.exe thing pops maybe it interrupted miqobot. For those step 5 I did have everything off.

So I can use miqobot for chocobo races now. But I can only have FFXIV and miqobot open. If I have 2nd ffxiv client open or even videos to watch online while bot runs. Miqobot freezes 🙁 I thought my computer was powerful enough but apparently not. Do I need more ram or something?

Thanks for the fast reply and i’m sorry it took me this long to reply back. Holidays stuff you know.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

So slui.exe was the root of this issue? It’s great you figured this out!
    Thank you for letting us know 🙂
    It will help our users to diagnose and fix similar issues in the future.

As I understand correctly, now you have another issue when running Miqobot in background mode.
    Your PC specs you posted earlier are totally enough to run Miqobot with several instances of the game, so this seems like a bug. We are working on improvements for keystrokes emulation, and most likely this bug is also connected. If we have more information, we’ll be able to detect it faster.

Would you please answer two questions to clarify this:

1. Is this the same “Miqobot freezes” issue we were talking about, i.e. the same 5-15 seconds lag? Or do you mean that Miqobot stops sending keys while the game itself is unaffected?
    2. Do you minimize Miqobot window when switching to another game client or watching videos? Or do you press Alt-Tab? Please check both ways and let us know if the issue persists.

Thank you very much!

Jony
    Jony
    Participant

1st question.
    Yeah. But now game freezes and client stops responding. I have waited for client to respond but it doesn’t so i closed client. During 1st race I see a few random lag spikes then once race ends and exits. Thats when client freezes and stops responding.

2nd question.
    I usually leave it miqobot open and use my mouse to open chrome windows to watch my shows. And I match all chrome windows minimize because I like to baby sit my account while botting during the day. I tried to test alt tab but a few seconds after once inside the race ffxiv stopped responding.

For now only way to use Chocobo Racing is over night. When I’m not running anything.

Please let me know if theirs any other thing I should look for. I’m willing to download, copy paste, share, etc any other things. I’m not good with computers but I know enough to get by as long as you can explain or instruct me.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Okay, got it.
    So basically the issue didn’t go anywhere, and slui.exe was just an accelerator, right?
    We will make a special diagnostics build of Miqobot for you, which will perform tests and create a log file with results. All you will have to do is launch it, do some Chocobo Racing as usual, and send us the log file 🙂

This will be done after the maintenance for patch 3.25 coming in a few hours, since Miqobot will most likely be broken. After we fix it again, we’ll make a diagnostics build.

If you read this message before the servers go down, we would like to ask you to try Fishing bot or Gathering bot. We need to know whether this issue is specific to Chocobo Racing only or this is a bug somewhere in basic logics.
    Thank you!

Jony
    Jony
    Participant

Not sure what is an accelerator but. Apparently I don’t have a genuine Windows 7 key. So i was getting a small window prompt message saying something like You may be a victim of softward counterfeiting. To use all microsoft windows features, such as updates; get the laters updates and receive product support, your copy of microsoft windows must be validaded as genuine. So i had to purchase it.. and i aint want to :S So i removed that damn crap that wouldnt even allow me to have desktop wallpaper since eveyr 10mins or so i would get this pop up window. So I went and did this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGVBvwoRLF8 and fix that.

I came to read this reply after servers got taken down for maintance. I tried to squese every last minute of gaming. But I would like what you have suggested and I’ll also try test if i get the same issues running Fishing and gathering bots

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Oh by accelerator I meant that slui.exe affected how fast your issue emerged, by forcing the game and Miqobot into background mode. But the true cause of it lies elsewhere 🙂

We have made a lot of technical adjustments during the past few days, including how Miqobot emulates keystrokes and performs in background. So there’s a possibility that your screen freezes have already been fixed. It is not guaranteed though, because we couldn’t reproduce your issue at our labs.

We have sent you a download link to a special build by email.
    Would you please check it out and verify whether the issue still exists?

Thank you!

Jony
    Jony
    Participant

Hi Miqo. I’m sorry I didn’t come back to report updates on my issues with bot. My trial expired so I thought on coming back to use miqobot once i gotten 1st ilv230 relic and other priorities over Miqobot chocobo race bot and such. Since I can only run it if i have nothing else running.

But wow. Thank you so much for making a custom bot build. That some real care!

Unfortunately. My in game freezes still persist after 1st race is over and exit, game freezes. Since I play the game too much during the day for gil making on gf account and pvp, all dailys and achievements stuff on main. I will purchase 1 Miqobot catnip license and use it over night when I’m sleeping and nothing else is running.
    I don’t really have an idea to why I have this problems. Maybe my computer doesn’t like to run game as directx11 I don’t know >,<

I read you were working on some other nice features to come in the future. Such as Triple Triad, New mini games, Battle mode and such. That is very cool and I’m looking forward to that. Oh, and I think I also mention possibly a directx9 support! So there is hope for me still! maybe i can use directx9 support and run everything I want.

Thanks again Miqo and everyone involved with all Miqobot tech peeps working on all of my troubleshoots 😀

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Hmm sorry to interrupt but I got an idea all of a sudden, maybe it will help. Dont mind me if it wont its just a guess.

Jony do you have the latest video drivers installed? Now that I think of it I had some weird crashes in dx11 version too. But it was a long time ago, a couple of weeks into Heavensward. And it wasn’t about Miqobot at all, Miqo didnt even exist yet. I have a GTX too by the way. Dont remember clearly now but it seems the problem went away after I installed new video drivers.

Here’s a hint page: http://www.geforce.com/drivers
    Go there and select your GPU model. It will give you the latest driver. If I read your specs correctly the driver you want is 364.72 released on Mar 28: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/100862

Wouldnt hurt to install it anyway since its the official software. Im going to upgrade this thing for my PC as well, been almost a year since the last time lol.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

I see. It’s very unfortunate that you get this kind of issues. We’ll keep trying to reproduce your issue and post more information when we have it.

And yes, please try the advice Lyfox posted.
    It may be possible that your screen freezes are actually coming from Graphics Driver. Miqobot doesn’t use any Graphics API directly, so we don’t have any control over that.

Yes, DirectX 9 is indeed planned for release very soon.
    If nothing else works, this would be the best solution for you 🙂
    We’ll let you know as soon as it’s available.

Thank you for your support very much!

Blackhawk
    Blackhawk
    Participant

Hmm I am still on trial version of Miqobot and learning the ropes, but this post caught my eye as to something strange that happened to me this morning with it. I also run an NVidia GTX card, my drivers are up to date as well. I had miqo run through the night yesterday collecting, and this morning was quite satisfied with the job it had done and how well it performed. But I then noticed that I had no game sound, so I closed the game to restart it and had just a black screen. I alt/tab’d and came into a window with the game image mostly in blue, but showing my toon where I had been gathering and the blue radar patrol line showing, however when I quit the game I had already teleported back to my private residence so was no longer in coerthas central where the now static blueish hued image showed. I tried to close miqobot and it would not. I then alt tabbed to my desktop and that was also blue hued in color. I could move the mouse cursor around, but could not interact with any icons, however it would pop up the start menu so I clicked to restart the computer. It started to shutdown, but then hung on the “Windows is shutting down” screen for around 5 minutes before I finally did a hard reboot. It rebooted back up fine, sound was back and colors were normal, as was mouse functionality. I started the game back up and it was all normal as well. I then started Miqo up again and still everything normal. Not sure if it’s some weird interaction with the Nvidia gtx chipset over longer periods of time or not.. I’m far from a computer technician LOL! Just noticed both other responders were also using the GTX cards so maybe it’s something to do with that. Everything has been fine with comp since, was just weird that that “ghost” image of the game was showing after I had closed the game with miqo running.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yeah thats what it looks like when you run out of video memory. Or the video driver fails. Like when you run out of RAM your PC starts lagging. And when you run out of video memory you see glitches on the screen. Not a technician myself, just had my own share of weird encounters. Whatever the hardware is, its usually not the game or the bot or any other app causing this (Windows wouldnt allow them to do this much damage). It happens when the driver fails to manage the video card correctly. Driver is a software just like any other program and it may contain bugs as well. Thats why its generally a good idea to check for driver updates regularly.

Jony
    Jony
    Participant

This chocobo race bot is great! I finally got my chocobo done and completed every chocobo racing challenge. Kweeeeh!!

Everyone of you guys who shared maps and helped or suggested with my pc troubleshooting,

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by Jony Jony.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Acid rain on my garden! Arent you a lucky one. Grats man. What is your win rate with that birdie?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.