Future of Miqo ?? thoughts/ideas/suggestions

Forum Forums Discussion Future of Miqo ?? thoughts/ideas/suggestions

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by AndaronSan AndaronSan 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

deano78
    Participant

NOW! don’t jump on the HATE bandwagon just yet fellow Miqoers, just here me out.

I surely can’t be the ONLY person who has used Miqo since it’s public release and have noticed over the past year or two that its updates are just Automated Crafting, Combat Assist and Dungeon support. I understand with the new 5.1 this is priority to get fixed again and are the most popular BUT what about after? is the bot just continuing on with those three things? I ask this because by the time things get sorted/fixed a new patch version of FF14 is released and then it goes around in a circle again leaving no time for anything NEW to actually be added to the bot that’s different than the above things mentioned.

I know this is probably an awkward few questions/suggestions and a few that the devs probably aint going to like.. either way, i’m still going to pay monthly for this bot immaterial of what’s added or not, it’s just something that generally has me puzzled and asking why aint anything else new added?

Ive seen on other posts in this forum that people are near enough classing Miqo near enough perfectly finished as a bot and there’s nothing else they’d like added or would be useful on it, I disagree.. there’s a TON of stuff i’d like to see added to this bot to make it more perfect than what it already is and i think a lot of other people would like to see more stuff added other than combat orientated stuff.. though this game is mostly combat in everything it offers.

Here’s a few things that COULD be added if it was in the devs programming capabilities..

1. Majong Assist (I absolutely HATE this game (im sure others do also) and it has to be the most underplayed minigame in the gold saucer because it sucks, a bot for this would be perfect for achievement gains etc.)

2. Triple Triad Assist (I know this one has been said many times, I play the game normally myself but i know others would LOVE this one added.)

3. Blue Mage Arena Assist (this would be great for those people who don’t like playing blue mage arena, just turn the bot on and let it run through all 20+ levels for completion, especially for that damn achievement on last battle to use every elemental type skill and NOT get hit once. I’m guessing this would be easy to implement due to the fact it would possibly be similar to how the GC team dungeons work.)

4. PoTD and HoH (would LOVE to see these implemented, I currently use another bot for PoTD and to be fair.. i’d rather only use 1 bot and Miqo being my choice for the only one to be used because of how far superior it is. The other bot I use for these the devs for it are pure A-Holes and just after money for something that’s clearly unfinished and have stated they wont be finishing. I actually spent a week on that bot solo grinding floors 1-10 to get 99 on both armor/weapon thingys, the bot can’t handle any floors above that cos you just keep dying solo, so in the end even tho i had 99 i still had to go through all the floors with a team eventually.)

5. Extreme auto/assist function (this would be great for those people who would like to automate grinds for the mounts.)

6. Kugane Tower Jump (would LOVE to see this implemented if it could be, get up to the top of the tower for you automatically, perfect for all those who are totally retarded at jumping in games like this, like me, haha!)

7. Higher GC dungeons (I know work is being done to add more eventually, grinding from the last one available atm is just a killer)

8. MSQ automated (the bot plays through the game’s MSQ automatically for you, i think this WAS going to be implemented but unsure what happened to it.)

9. Beast Tribes (these could be automated also as something extra though they are easy enough to do yourself.)

Other stuff that could be added later are automated Verminion, FATES, Gardening assist for automatic watering every hour and soil use.

I dunno, these are just my thoughts, it just seems there’s so much more this bot could be and people are just saying they are happy with it being near enough completed in their eyes, but hell.. the bot could do so much more for people as I have listed some things above. SO! what do you guys think about other stuff? what would YOU like to see added that’s NOT combat orientated?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  deano78.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  deano78.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Thank you for your feedback very much.

I surely can’t be the ONLY person who has used Miqo since it’s public release and have noticed over the past year or two that its updates are just Automated Crafting, Combat Assist and Dungeon support.

We are sorry that you feel that way.
    We are improving all Miqobot features with every patch. It’s upsetting that it goes unnoticed.

I ask this because by the time things get sorted/fixed a new patch version of FF14 is released and then it goes around in a circle again leaving no time for anything NEW to actually be added to the bot that’s different than the above things mentioned.

Indeed, keeping Miqobot updated requires a tremendous amount of effort. But it’s not the main reason why new features are slow to implement.
    Answering tech support and forum questions occupies more than 50% of our working time. If we ignored all community questions, we could work twice faster. But we don’t think it would be respectful to our customers.

I know this is probably an awkward few questions/suggestions and a few that the devs probably aint going to like.. either way, i’m still going to pay monthly for this bot immaterial of what’s added or not

Thank you for your unceasing support very much!

Here’s a few things that COULD be added if it was in the devs programming capabilities..

Yes, most of these features have already been requested and planned for implementation. The only question is in which order to implement them.

Our development plans are driven by the community demand. Features are prioritized in accordance to the amount of requests. It’s only natural that the most popular activities are requested more often than others.

Regardless, we are working non-stop and doing everything in our power to upgrade Miqobot as fast as possible.
    As soon as the opportunity arises, we will do our best to push additional features into release.
    And we are grateful for your patience and understanding.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

We will leave a short comment regarding every request in your list.
    In general, please keep in mind that the purpose of Miqobot project is to help players skip through boring grind while still enjoy the most interesting parts of the game.

1. Majong Assist

2. Triple Triad Assist

Miqobot already offers two MGP features, one of which is the most effective in terms of MGP per minute.
    Additional MGP activities will be implemented as well, in accordance to community demand.
    At the moment, Triple Triad has a higher priority than Mahjong.

3. Blue Mage Arena Assist

This is an endgame activity that most players enjoy playing manually.
    But if we see more requests regarding this feature, we will of course look into it.

4. PoTD and HoH

This is already planned in the next features of the Combat system.

5. Extreme auto/assist function

This is planned as well, but there is no universal algorithm to clear an encounter.
    Every trial and every raid must be implemented separately.

6. Kugane Tower Jump

The demand for solving jumping puzzles remains rather low.
    We’ve had a related discussion a while ago. If you discovered new facts that we should consider in the long run, we kindly invite you to share your opinion: Kugane Tower

7. Higher GC dungeons

Sohm Al is the most efficient of Squadron Dungeons in terms of experience per hour.
    At the moment, Trust Dungeons have a higher priority.

8. MSQ automated

9. Beast Tribes

FATES

These features are related to open-world combat.
    Please read this thread for additional information:
    Asking the community: Thoughts on Open World Combat and User Protection

Gardening assist for automatic watering every hour and soil use

A special scenario function for gardening is already planned, along with many others.

I dunno, these are just my thoughts, it just seems there’s so much more this bot could be and people are just saying they are happy with it being near enough completed in their eyes, but hell.. the bot could do so much more for people as I have listed some things above.

Rest assured, we do not plan to stop implementing new features in the foreseeable future.

deano78
    Participant

NICE!

Thanks for your answers on my many questions, i’m sure many others will be grateful also. I look forward to Miqo becoming even better in the future, keep up the great work. i’m a bit disappointed really in the Blue Mage reply 🙁 I don’t really see Blue as an end game class even if it IS a limited class, its fun but then everyone to their own opinion.

You say you’re disappointed that your other work goes unnoticed.. it doesnt go unnoticed, we all see the improvements made in the bots already implemented stuff with the updates you provide when the bot needs to be patched, i guess by that i actually meant newly added features, i just didn’t explain it good enough, had been awake all night so brain wasnt functioning properly probably with lack of sleep lol.

I DO however have maybe one suggestion/question left..

You say that dealing with forum posts etc keeps you behind in miqo’s development in tons of posts i’ve seen, including this one.. have you thought about maybe bhringing in someone else into your team who can be trusted to do all these forum things for you whilst then your dev team only has to deal with the bot itself? a simple solution but I suppose the main question is then.. do you trust someone enough to lead the forums for you?

Either way, thanks for the hasty reply for my OP, i’m sure that cleared many things up for me and others who were wondering the same thing.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 5 months ago by  deano78.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

i’m a bit disappointed really in the Blue Mage reply 🙁 I don’t really see Blue as an end game class even if it IS a limited class, its fun but then everyone to their own opinion.

Please feel free to create a thread to support this feature.
    As we mentioned, everything is already in our development plans. The only question is about priorities. If we see that enough users consider it a worthwhile investment and would be willing to sacrifice progress on other features, we will increase Blue Mage priority.

it doesnt go unnoticed, we all see the improvements made in the bots already implemented stuff with the updates you provide when the bot needs to be patched, i guess by that i actually meant newly added features

Thank you for clarification and for your kind words very much.
    It means a lot to us.

You say that dealing with forum posts etc keeps you behind in miqo’s development in tons of posts i’ve seen, including this one.. have you thought about maybe bhringing in someone else into your team who can be trusted to do all these forum things for you whilst then your dev team only has to deal with the bot itself? a simple solution but I suppose the main question is then.. do you trust someone enough to lead the forums for you?

Yes, a community manager has joined our team a while ago. He helped us a lot during summer expansion by organizing forums and gathering community opinions.
    He is temporary unavailable at the moment, but he promised to come back soon.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Yes, a community manager has joined our team a while ago. He helped us a lot during summer expansion by organizing forums and gathering community opinions.
    He is temporary unavailable at the moment, but he promised to come back soon.

*waves*
    That’s me 🙂

As Miqo stated, I’m currently unavailable for the larger community management tasks, due to my time being restricted by my university’s exam phase, however I still try to keep up the simple forum tasks, like keeping the Scenarios and Gathering Grids index threads updated, as well as answering simple, already asked questions – tasks, that for most people are annoying and require frequent review, but in my case are things that I enjoy doing.

Once I am free of the whole studying workload, I’m happy to jump back in to the work here. Looking forward to this 🙂

deano78
    Participant

@arc
    AH! your the other Mod Miqo was talking about then, HELLO! and good luck with your exams, hope they all go well for you.

FaradayChain
    Participant
    4+

I am definitely a casual player and I don’t have any interest in Miqo becoming a professional grind-bot. I get to play maybe every other weekend, my attention span is too short to remember complex combat rotations and often I have other distractions and need to drop everything. Miqo is an absolute godsend for me, without it I wouldn’t play FF14 at all.

I’ve investigated the other bots out there, none come anywhere near as close to the features, user-friendliness or value for money that Miqo offers. Please keep up the good work, the latest update is amazing and I am really enjoying the current direction of this application.

I’d just like to note that the frequency of player commendations I get since the big combat update has increased a heck of a lot!

Thank you for all your efforts!

Qwertybbop
    Qwertybbop
    Participant
    1+

I just want to add that nobody is requesting Triple triad because of the mgp wins, its to take the god awful tedium out of farming a single npc for hours just to not get the one card you need.

DAL41123
    Participant
    2+

Well time for my two cents. I usually lurk but since my insight may benefit the community here goes.
    Serious bot or not, Miqo has some really outstanding and solid features. For some reason the fringes is about the only place i have ever really noticed miqo get stupid. She gets stuck on some pathing issues, is unable to detect nodes occasionally, always the fringes, i personally cant really think of anywhere outside of that zone that i have ever really had an issue.

So here is the skinny. The scenario engine is shockingly really powerful and easy to customize and use. I am a lil ashamed to admit it but i have tried to use other bots, but frankly in comparison they are awful. What miqo does, she does well. Where other bots have features that miqo lack they do them poorly. MSQ run for example. Sure there are a couple of bots that have that and are far more expensive than miqo. But you gotta babysit them. Their combat routines are poor, pathing is usually ok. the quest logic, misses often. Ill often catch these bots just sitting there looking retarded for one reason or another, forcing me to poke it with a stick metaphorically.

Miqo on the other hand, i can have her run Sohm al for a week straight no sleep and not have an issue, save for not knowing what to do with all them damn seals i would earn. Combat assist, when i am feeling lazy sure ill pop that sucker on. She really shines as a bard. sure she doesnt use Apex arrow when it pops, but i really like pulling the trigger on that anyway. Quite arousing honestly.

As far as healing or tanking, about 6 months ago i used miqo to heal a raid or two. Not that i dont trust her, Healing isnt really something that i enjoy leaving to a bot.

Tanking, again if im feeling particularly lazy ill let miqo drive here too, not a bad paladin either. much like apex arrow, miqo isnt really sure how to use the reliquist rotation. and thats ok, miqo has a pause feature in her assist module and i can take over for that, then pass it back and take a nice nap.

Crafting, OMG miqo can craft. used in conjunction with the scenario engine, you could have miqo go out gather mats and make you a full set of (insert thing here). No lie i actually did have miqo go out grab mats, and craft like 20 things to turn in for scrips that i turned into materia. I actually had no intention of taking cul to 80 but once i was in need of yellow scrips for something i think i thought i needed a couple of books but later realized i had actually already had them, I had miqo make a convenient set of cul yellow script items and next thing i knew the namazu were on the menu…. and again wondering what the hell do i do with all these scrips?!

Gold saucer: the minigames miqo supports are top notch. further more they are stock. other poopy bots make u pay extra for them. the only gripe is, miqo gets a little stage fright on them. youll have to minimize the game because my mouse movments interfere with miqos ability to accurately hit her target. Yet again however its another thing you can safely let miqo handle and she will perform perfectly every time.

seriously miqo is great at what she does and its quite evident the dev team works VERY hard at keeping it that way.
    With that said, i would definitely appreciate the following features:
    MSQ Crawl – raising alts for their retainers and side farming abilites
    PotD HoH Logic – would be nice to be able bring alts from above
    Trusts – Ive tried trusts bots and they are meh at best. Meh does not give me the confidence to trust em.
    Beast tribe Logic – a feature i have seen on other bots, again poorly implemented and often an expensive addon.
    Fate Farm – Bi color crystals plz and ty…
    Leve turn in – another feature i have seen in other bots, poorly implemented, I know miqo could do it better.
    Garden logic – distant last on priority really for me.

AndaronSan
    AndaronSan
    Participant

Gathering: gather until X > <define> >> action afterwards (popup info, sound, teleport)
    I know this can be done with scenarios, but sometimes quick thick in gathering window can be much faster and easier to start, mostly if you gather items for deliveries.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.