Kugane tower

Forum Forums Discussion Kugane tower

Tagged: 

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

yang00
    Participant
    3+

i’m sure this has been talked about before, i’ve tried this tower a few times and they all end up in failure, which is fine. but is there a grid that allows me to get to the top? i’ve searched before in the presets and links provided, either im blind and cant find it or there isn’t one. could someone help me verify this?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

We consider implementing a special preset for Kugane Tower.

However there is very little demand for solving jumping puzzles, most likely because they are a one-time challenge. Miqobot is best suited for repeatable activities, but if we see interest for jumping puzzles grow we will of course look into them.

a2yorha
    Participant

in 4.4 they added a jump puzzle to the gold saucer, you could make a preset for that?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Why? The reward is only 2k MGP once per hour maybe twice. Farming minigames with Miqo gets you 40k per hour.

I mean its not a bad thing to have it but im just genuinely interested why youd prefer the bot to do a one time entertainment for you.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, we can make special presets for jumping puzzles, but we are still not sure whether it would be worth the time investment.

At the moment we are working on the combat system, which seems to be more popular than the new jumping puzzle in Gold Saucer. Please give us more details about your vision so we can understand the interest in this activity.

• For how long would you use this feature?
    • Would this feature justify the subscription price?
    • Is there anything unique about this feature that yields different rewards not obtainable by other means?

Thank you very much!

Nott
    Participant

There might be a few achievements for completing GATEs that this could help with…but I don’t think it should be a priority at all.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Those new achievements are neither long or hard to get, they are barely nothing compare to those about Chocobo racing (that Miqobot can do already) or Triple Triad (that Miqobot will be able to do in the future), so, I don’t really see the usefulness, or rather the cost/usefulness ratio.

mkirro
    Participant

The only use I can think of is for sightseeing logs. There’s one on the top of the tower and one that you have to jump off the tower to get to. Maybe jumping puzzles could be simplified to a system of recording the starting position and camera angle, then recording movements? Thus you farm the actual work of creating a preset to the community. I don’t even know how reliable that would end up being though.

With the bot in its current state, I think time is better spent continuing to work on the combat bot. It has a lot more potential to draw people in. Sightseeing logs only unlock paintings for housing, which is nice, but many players don’t care about housing.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

For the Kugane Tower, it took me 2 hours, for the Moonfaire Tower it took me more, to the point I stopped for half an hour to study FFXIV jumps, and I ended up making 3 Razer macros for 3 kind of jump: little, medium, long.

With those I managed to reach the top of Moonfaire tower, I used them only on specific difficult parts.

I know that Miqobot team always want to deliver the best feature possible, but in this case, between delivering a full system supporting complete grid automation that would cost hours of developing, and nothing, there’s a fair middle ground: just build in Miqobot 3 jump buttons or shortcuts.

That way you take care of jumping to the top by yourself, you place your character by watching “clear” video, and you pick one of the jump, those should be more reliable than you making the jump.

And if you fall, you start again with enough new knowledge to not fall again. While you do it you take notes, here it needs medium jumps, here it works with long jump, etc.

This is a simple assistance system, that still make those towers fun and rewarding, you just remove the part where you can’t jump yourself reliably all the time, because it’s a timing matter.

3 keyboard shortcuts not used in FFXIV, and recognised by Miqobot, or more simply, 3 buttons in Miqobot interface.

Maybe Miqobot team can figure out if more than 3 kind of jumps would be useful.

But really, jump towers don’t really deserve more than that, you can even do it yourself with mouse or keyboard driver macros.

Nott
    Participant
    1+

I agree, combat assist and rotations for classes and QoL stuff are the only things I’m looking for really. This would be so far behind them 🙂

Arc
    Arc

Yup, I also agree. A system to consistently make special kinds of jumps would be great. The only thing we have to do then is to aim and that’s it. Much less work for Miqo for a system with high function.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.