Fluid movement when traversing waypoints

Forum Forums Discussion Fluid movement when traversing waypoints

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sssk
    Participant

Hello,

I’ve been playing around with the navigation system and noticed there is a brief pause when arriving at each waypoint on a navigation path.

When viewed by a third party, this looks strange and artificial.

I do not know if paths are pre-calculated or not when using navigation grids. I imagine they are at least when going to a beacon while gathering.

Would it be possible to implement a smoothing approach when transitioning from one segment to an other? Perhaps a low degree B-spline with 3 control points; a point 20 units away from the segment end, a point at the waypoint, and a point 20 units ahead on the next segment.

This may have been asked already, but I hope you can consider implementing this transition feature. I could certainly see an added value by making the bot traveling faster (no pausing) and look more human. Perhaps make it as a waypoint property that can be used when editing navigation meshes.

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, this request is already accepted.
    There is a new navigation system already in development which will look more organic and will have no brief pauses at waypoints.

You can find more information in the following threads:
    Request – Navigation Recording
    Make movement smoother
    Suggestions to make miqo more human
    Feature Request: softer grids

Thank you for your request!

sssk
    Participant

Okay!
    Thanks for replying so professionally, I look forward to future developments.

FTAC_14
    FTAC_14
    Participant

Is there an ETA on this? I am also interested

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

New navigation system is planned for release after Combat support in v1.3.x series of Miqobot.
    Thank you for your interest!

Cobweb
    Participant

Anything come of this yet? interested.
    Does it look as jerky to others as it does on our own screens? I know there is a bit of “delay” already in player movement. For Example , if i spin my mouse and do a 360 on my mount whilst jumping no one can actually see me do a 360 , just looks like a simple jump ect.
    Is the same type of effect at play here too? has anyone tested with another to see how Navigating a grid looks to others?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Seamless movement system is already implemented for combat navigation. You can see it in action when farming Squadron Dungeons.

We are now working to adapt the new system for all features with navigation. It will take a few more updates.
    Please keep an eye out on the main beta thread: [Beta] Combat

Thank you for your unceasing interest very much!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.