Fishing enhancement request

Forum Forums Discussion Fishing enhancement request

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  nyancat 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

nyancat
    Participant

Please consider adding hook window support (begin seconds, end seconds). The use case is for more efficient usage of bait for targeted fish. The implementation might be to ignore tugs before “begin seconds” and if there are no tugs after “end seconds”, use hook action (hook action cancels current turn).

For example, blue crabs are currently 8.8k each on my server. Fishing them requires the white scrip bait squid strips (5 white gatherer scrips each). Between 0-11 seconds, there is roughly 95% chance for blue crabs. They can be fished afterwards but then there’s overlap with a few other common fish, which results in wasted bait.

My current workaround is to use a scenario to press a macro icon and then afk for 20 seconds. The macro starts fishing, then after 11 seconds try doublehook > hook. It’s fairly reliable. But some issues are losing fish caught early in the window as well as 9 seconds of wasted wait time if no blue crabs tug during the window.

I’ll end this by echoing everyone’s praise about how amazing the bot is. 🙂 All of the features are truly magical. Thanks.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

You can replace Cast skill with a macro on your hotbar. And if you put the same icon there Miqo will hit it and fish properly.

/micon "Cast"
    /ac "Cast" <wait.10>
    /ac "Hook"

So the macro will cancel fishing after 10 seconds and Miqo will automatically click it again. Works perfectly for Blue Crabs.
    Credit to Nekro for the brilliant idea: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/scenario-blue-crab-farming/page/2/#post-25146

My current workaround is to use a scenario to press a macro icon and then afk for 20 seconds. The macro starts fishing, then after 11 seconds try doublehook > hook. It’s fairly reliable.

Oh ive noticed this after posting my reply. Since you already have a macro just add /micon and let Miqo do her thing.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Lyfox Lyfox.

nyancat
    Participant
    1+

I see what you mean now. I didn’t realize her existing fishing feature could pick up the macro icon. I don’t have to rely on a repeated scenario. Works perfectly! Thanks!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.