Feature Suggestion – Auto Undercutting

Forum Forums Discussion Feature Suggestion – Auto Undercutting

This topic contains 18 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  infuriated 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

zgo63925
    Participant

I know Miqo is very busy at the moment and we all appreciate the effords, but I would like to stir some discussion for this feature.

Basically it should talk to the summoning bell and check all retainers sales, adjust prices and undercut the lowest existing offer by 1 gil.
    Obviously there are exceptions where one person might try to just cheaply get rid of stuff but you could avoid that with simple logic: undercut by 1 gil up to 5% below average of 5 cheapest offers.

Its a huge pain in the ass in this game to check all your sales to make sure they are still the cheapest. This feature would extremly improve sales.

Discuss.

u9w30y
    u9w30y
    Participant
    3+

They won’t implement this. No mainstream bot maker will.

FFXIV is a very bot friendly game, and for the most part our activities are overlooked.

If you want Square coming down on botting hard, this is the fastest way to get to that end.

Pain
    Pain
    Participant

If this was an addition the the scenario engine, similar to gc turn ins and such. I could see its use. But, if abused and someone left it running 24/7 it would damage the market pretty badly and be blatantly obvious to anyone paying attention to the market even a little that they are using it.

Having it in a scenario where you could just send your toon to the bell, have it check the sales, update prices, then go do whatever you tel it to in the scenario, does seem useful.

zgo63925
    Participant
    1+

If you want Square coming down on botting hard, this is the fastest way to get to that end.

I agree this could be problematic if people left it unattended, but maybe having it timegated by the tool internally would be a workaround.

Allicia
    Allicia
    Participant
    5+

Please no I don’t want this. I see miqobot as an help, since we have an IRL life and obligation, so it’s nice to be able to uses the bot to help on gather, craft, or any other scenario. That said, I’m always close to my computer when I do that, I never leave the bot active without me not so far. But, 3 problem here for me…
    1 : This will hurt the market if lots of people do it at the same time, this will just always and always undercut if nobody buy at the moment, and will become really annoying.
    2 : SE is passive against bot because it doesn’t really disturb other people that much, but if we start doing that, there will be complains from people who doesn’t uses a bot, and probably measures from SE. That’s not a wise step to take.
    3 : The bot already do a lot of stuff so… do it yourself?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Allicia Allicia.

zgo63925
    Participant

The bot already does alot of stuff, why auto turn in collectables, or GC gear, just do it yourself.

My intention is not to have it implemented in a scenario or run it permanently. My intention is to have it be a one click button, possibly with a cooldown, that does it once, while you are there. It would be no diffrent than manually doing it, it would take the burden of having to select the retainer, click the sales tab, click an item, click adjust price, check prices, exit prices window, undercut by one gil, apply, repeat 40-100 times.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant
    3+

Sure, and then someone will exploit it and ruin it for everyone 🙂

u9w30y
    u9w30y
    Participant
    3+

Yeah this is just a really bad idea.

Really bad.

Allicia
    Allicia
    Participant
    3+

The bot already does alot of stuff, why auto turn in collectables, or GC gear, just do it yourself.

My intention is not to have it implemented in a scenario or run it permanently. My intention is to have it be a one click button, possibly with a cooldown, that does it once, while you are there. It would be no diffrent than manually doing it, it would take the burden of having to select the retainer, click the sales tab, click an item, click adjust price, check prices, exit prices window, undercut by one gil, apply, repeat 40-100 times.

Turning your seals doesn’t affect others players.

k007
    k007
    Participant
    3+

I rather this bot be a supplement to the game and not something that is destructive and ruin the game.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    3+

This feature would extremly improve sales.

Its a public tool. If this feature got implemented everybody would be using it. Sales would remain the same.

Allicia
    Allicia
    Participant
    4+

It has been suggested 2 years ago too, here the discussion over that:

zgo63925
    Participant

I guess its true that the abuse potential is too high. I was only considering sane use, undercutting just like I am no but I can very well see why it wont be implemented.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

I mean I agree, if people could be trusted to use it in a sane manner it’d be nice, but we’ll just end up with bot wars sadly.

Arc
    Arc

Also, imagine what would happen if 2 people from the same server would use Miqo at the same time for the same item. The bot would undercut itself within a few minutes until the item is only worth 1 gil

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.