Ephemeral Nodes Interrupting Gathering

Forum Forums Discussion Ephemeral Nodes Interrupting Gathering

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

AirForceOne
    Participant

I’ve been working on a couple of grids that are looking great so far but I’ve run into some small problems. When I don’t use “use compass”, the bot just hangs searching for a node, even if it’s literally standing in front of one. But if I turn it on, and there’s an ephemeral node in the area, if the bot uses compass and the ephemeral node is the closest thing, it just hangs until the ephemeral node disappears. Is there a way around this?

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  AirForceOne.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

There are two ways around:
    1. Connect an ephemeral node to your grid and let the bot clear it out.
    2. Use beacons: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/help-gathering/#senses-and-beacons

However this

even if it’s literally standing in front of one

looks like a bug. Could you show what its saying in the message log?

AirForceOne
    Participant

Ok now it is gathering when it’s right in front. Can’t remember what the error was last time but I must have changed something that made it work. Now though, I get “(10:36:52 PM) Scanning for shiny gathering nodes like ‘Lv80 Lush Vegetation’ *.*” after it finishes a “hub”, it doesn’t move to the next set of nodes even though there is a path in the grid and the overlay shows that it’s recognizing where the next nodes are.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

What exactly are you gathering? Try removing ‘Lv80 Lush Vegetation’ from settings its not required in most cases.

AirForceOne
    Participant

I looked into beacons like you told me and figured it out. The problem seems to be that the nodes were too far away for miqobot to know which were up. So I just added beacons in between each of the hubs and now it works fine without compass, and I can skip the ephemeral like you said by excluding its name from the list. Thanks a lot for the help. Might post it if no one has made a cotton boll grid yet, it works beautifully, 100% looks like a player gathering.

uwu
    Participant

Why not use compass tho? The feature works great

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

It would be a giveaway. No real player would use compass for more than 5 first mins of farming some set of nodes – real humans just memorize node locations, while one who spams compass after every 2 nodes is certainly a bot.

zgo63925
    Participant
    3+

It would be a giveaway. No real player would use compass for more than 5 first mins of farming some set of nodes – real humans just memorize node locations, while one who spams compass after every 2 nodes is certainly a bot.

I use compass while manually gathering, i have it on an easy to reach hotkey and it means in places with more than 2 little packs of nodes i dont have to think and check which one is up next. Ephemeral Nodes are diffrent ofc.

Arc
    Arc
    3+

I also use the compass literally after every node. Of course, I could memorize the location of every node visally, but that’s too troublesome for me. Usually the only thing I memorize is the rough direction, but I still use the compass to pinpoint the location of the next node, so I fly there directly instead of 30° to the left or right of it.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

Yea me too. Compass allows my brain to be free from landscape memorizing and watch netflix instead. Why bother thinking about directions when i can just fly to an icon on minimap. Its muscle memory.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.