Enable/disable assist mode in a scenario?

Forum Forums Discussion Enable/disable assist mode in a scenario?

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  QuakerOats 3 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

QuakerOats
    Participant

I’ve looked around a little bit but haven’t successfully found a scenario command that allows me to enable or disable battle assist mode. Does this exist? If not, can it be added? I’ve attempted to make a simple grid that runs Aurum Vale with my squad and it would be handy to be able to also enable assist mode while running the path. It’s far from perfect, I plan to try this out on a healer class so that attacking isn’t a big deal and I’m actually halfway useful still. Since I can’t really detect kills and etc, I’d just try to move along the path and stop at each spot for an amount of time.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Assist Mode is not designed for automatic activities, therefore it is not available in Scenario Engine.
    The feature you ask about belongs to Custom fights and Monster grind feature pack. The combat system is still in early beta and there are several critical updates that must be implemented before this feature becomes possible.

In addition, Miqobot will not be able to perform dungeon mechanics until we manually implement each of them in Miqobot source code. Without additional algorithms, Miqobot will simply stand in acid puddles and AoE omens. So this feature will not allow you to farm Aurum Vale out of the box.

This is why we had a discussion about Aurum Vale support a few weeks ago. Our community has voted against implementing it, because it would postpone all other features in development by a significant amount of time.
    Please read this thread for additional information: Moogle Treasure Trove

QuakerOats
    Participant

Assist Mode is not designed for automatic activities, therefore it is not available in Scenario Engine.
    The feature you ask about belongs to Custom fights and Monster grind feature pack. The combat system is still in early beta and there are several critical updates that must be implemented before this feature becomes possible.

Ah, bummer. I completely understand assist mode’s current limitations, and am happy to accept them for the sake of scenario usage. For my use case, I even thought about it and figured healing would suffice since I can’t reliably target mobs through the run, at least assist mode will heal and raise at each grid landing point. fwiw, I wasn’t asking about the custom fights feature you’re mentioning.

In addition, Miqobot will not be able to perform dungeon mechanics until we manually implement each of them in Miqobot source code. Without additional algorithms, Miqobot will simply stand in acid puddles and AoE omens. So this feature will not allow you to farm Aurum Vale out of the box.

I understand, but I wasn’t really asking for dungeon mechanics. I understand the pressures the miqobot team is under and made my own nav grid. I wouldn’t stand in acid puddles. AoE circles / cones etc I am willing to accept, and possibly heal through with assist mode running too.

This is why we had a discussion about Aurum Vale support a few weeks ago. Our community has voted against implementing it, because it would postpone all other features in development by a significant amount of time.
    Please read this thread for additional information: Moogle Treasure Trove

Yes, but I’m also not asking for AV support. This was simply my use case; since the community voted not to implement it I kindof figured I could make a simple (albeit inefficient) grid and scenario that just uses timings to run around. Maybe it’s dumb, but it’s better than nothing. Miqo already has lots of cool features that make this actually feasible, like setting ko points and such. The scenario already almost works when I go DPS and let my squad three-man it. I just run the course (hell, I even have eating fruit timed out in boss rooms). If miqo had assist mode I could go heals, which allows the squad to pump out more dps _and_ I’m still able to heal.

Thoughts?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thank you for clarifying your request.

However, if we allow Assist Mode to be activated via Scenario Engine without implementing the necessary updates, we will immediately get hundreds of bug reports because it will not work the way our users expect. It might be enough for your use case, but the community will try to use it to circumvent the current limitations and we will have no choice but to suspend the development process and focus on damage control.

We are sorry, but we are not ready to accept this risk.

QuakerOats
    Participant

Got it, that makes perfect sense.

I have to say, one thing I really appreciate about the forums is how responsive you guys are (the miqo team) to requests and questions. Thanks for everything you do, this tool is pretty freaking awesome.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.