DX11 vs 9

Forum Forums Discussion DX11 vs 9

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Akirababe
    Participant

So, I totally get how hard it is to support DX11 AND DX9 at the same time, but boy is it frustrating… Turns out that since 3.1, tabbing out with DX11 is freezing/crashing my game about 30% of the time (totally random and unpredictable; can play for 4+hours tabbing out with no issues, then BAM, next tab freezes and crashes me). Even if a small “light” version of the bot were released to be compatible with 9, strictly for say, gathering, I would be ecstatic. This crash issue is bugging the crap out of me and the only FFXIV fix is to switch to DX9.

I know DE is working on a million things right now, so this is mostly just a frustrated rant… (So tired of rebooting FFXIV x.x)

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Maybe consider to upgrade your hardware. It might be the time/reason you were waiting for for an upgrade.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

We are very sorry about your experience with DirectX 11.

We appreciate your suggestion of the light version, but unfortunately it wouldn’t work like that. Even a single Miqobot feature like fishing or gathering requires about 80% of memory layout.
    We’ve already tried to explain how things work with implementing DX9 support:
    Please DX9 asap
    Sadly it became a cause of irrelevant debate, and we wouldn’t want to start a new one.

Nevertheless, we assure you that eventually DirectX 9 will be supported. But not right now.
    We apologize for the inconvenience.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.