Please DX9 asap :(

Forum Forums Discussion Please DX9 asap :(

Tagged: 

This topic contains 11 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by MT MT 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

I can not wait for DX9 support because…
    This happens SO MUCH to me, at random times, it can be after botting for 10mins or even 1 min, or 2 hours.. It’s random.
    Really sucks 🙁
    It’s stopping me botting ><

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This is very disappointing indeed. We understand how you feel, and we are doing all what we can to release DX9 support as soon as possible.

One of the reasons why new features get delayed lately is because we are making a lot of technical adjustments in preparation for DirectX 9 version of Miqobot. As we already said earlier, supporting both versions of the game will hugely impact the development process.

We are taking a great risk by implementing DirectX 9, but we believe that our community will support us no matter what, and we’ll get through all the difficulties together.

Thank you for your patience and understanding very much!

u9w30y
    u9w30y
    Participant
    1+

It’s definitely a DX11 thing, but it doesn’t actually have to do with the bot. That error is pretty big, – and from what I can tell is unique to FFXIV

If you haven’t already – I suggest a full re-install of your graphic drivers, using DDU to make sure you completely wipe out the old ones.

It maybe ever worthwhile to just reload the OS – I know I like to reload my OS once every few years just for good measure 🙂

I don’t actually think this will do anything, but from an administrator command prompt, run

sfc /scannow
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restore-health
    sfc /scannow

Personally I’m against implementing DX9 – you guys are making crazy progress on the bot – you’re already about where basabots was, and are on your way to the big hitters like MMOMinion. Just my 2 cents.

–edit–

Not to mention you are developing unique features to Miqo – like a crafting solver, and this is the only really viable chocobo racing bot out there right now. Feature development should take priority before DX9 imo.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by u9w30y u9w30y.
    Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant

Thanks Miqo!

@u9w30y
    I understand that Miqo is doing really well and working hard to getting all these features out as soon as possible.
    But thats all nice and well for those who can run the bot well in DX11.
    I have re installed graphics and a reformat.
    Nothing working.
    ‘ Feature development should take priority before DX9 imo. ‘
    Thats nice and im all for more development, but if people cant run DX11, then well..

I know the error doesnt have anything to do with the bot, im just stating a problem, i wish there was a easy fix.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant
    3+

I’m with u9w30y on this, Miqo needs to get more robust features and she needs it fast. Ten bucks a month is quite a hefty price for a bot in this state. I realize you guys are just getting started and I’m going to support you with my wallet, but let’s not get over ambitious here. Going with DX11 is a decision you guys have made and you got to stick with it. Yes, it sucks in certain cases, but there’s no ideal scenario here. Obviously having a choice between DX9 and DX11 would be good, but it’s not a dealbreaker. Features not being added fast enough – that’s a dealbreaker.

u9w30y
    u9w30y
    Participant
    1+

I really don’t think I could have worded it any better.

I mean – just for some perspective, you have the other bot I use at about $6.70/month. Miqobot is excelling in ease-of-use and being the only functional chocobot out there. We’re not nearly as robust though, or feature rich as the otherbot. Bottom line, it is a LOT more bot for your dollar.

I’m on the miqo-train right now because of the rapid-development, and trying to create new niches of functionality (like the crafting solver)

I’m paying the money for Miqo because of these things – but the idea that there will be a large impact of feature development and refinement to support Dx9 makes me nervous, to say the least.

Dx9 support is something that would nice, don’t get me wrong. It totally sucks that Goblin cannot consistently bot due to that issue. I think adding functionality to create more value for the bot should be the top priority now though. It makes more business sense.

• This reply was modified 8 years ago by u9w30y u9w30y.
    Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant
    1+

Yeah okay thats fair enough, and I do agree to be honest!
    I think I was just getting stressed out at XIV erroring all the time 🙁

I can’t wait to see the new features and i’m super surprised at how fast the bot has come along.
    With everyone being friendly, connecting, talking to each other and how friendly the Miqobot team is. This bot will go along way as long as all this is kept up 😀

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant
    1+

Hey Miqo, could you please alleviate our fears and confirm that you won’t sabotage the bot to accomodate DX9?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Our team is working on multiple features at the same time.

At the moment, DirectX 9 Support is being implemented by few team members, and they are doing their best to deliver the best experience possible.
    So does any other team member.

In total, we work on more than 15 core features:

• Crafting Solver
    • End-Game Gathering Support
    • Scenario Scripting
    • DirectX 9 Support
    • Chocobo Racing
    • FATE Grinding
    • Minigames
    • Triple Triad
    • Materials Hunting
    • 3D Radar Improvements
    • Dungeon Grinding
    • Raid Grinding
    • DPS Solver
    • 2D Radar
    • Quests
    • Desynthesis Bot
    • Market Board Bot
    • Beast Tribes
    • Main Scenario
    • Hunting Logs

There are also lots of smaller feature requests and improvements, which I’d rather not list here due to a huge amount of space it would take.
    At the moment, we have 829 technical tasks, 324 of which are implemented.

As you may imagine, a lot of them are interconnected with each other, and the only way to move through the development process is to work on multiple features at the same time, switching between them when it is required to.

DirectX 9 is a feature like any other.
    The only difference would be that it affects (and is affected by) all features at once, while others may affect only 6-7.

And just like any other feature, it can not be solved instantly by focusing all our team members on this sole purpose.
    Inevitably, new issues will arise, and we’ll have to shift our priorities in order to take additional factors into consideration.
    DirectX 9 is only one of the many factors that we encounter during the development process.

So:

• Yes – we are doing all what we can to release DX9 Support as soon as possible.
    • No – we will not sabotage the bot to accommodate it to DX9.

Miqobot Team thanks you all deeply for your concern.
    We are impressed by how seriously you take this project.

And we are going to do everything in our power to fulfill your expectations.

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant
    1+

Well it’s either this or subjecting myself to horrible drag that is choco racing, so yeah, you bet your tail I’m serious! Keep it real.

Goblin.jpg
    Goblin.jpg
    Participant
    1+

Lol chill out Dark.
    Miqo just said that it’s being worked on the same as any other feature which is really nice to know 🙂

Some of them features sound amazing! Raid grinding? Ooooo I wonder what that’ll work like!

Plus, choco racing seems to work fine for me 🙂 only little tweaks here and there to make it proper amazing.

Can’t wait for all these future features! Thanks Miqo!

MT
    MT
    Participant

Just joined to say that i’m also waiting for it, since i can’t seem to get XIVMinion and RebornBuddy to work. :/

All i want is to lvl up gathering/crafting without sleeping over the keyboard. xD

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.