DRG

Forum Forums Discussion DRG

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  bigboy54 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

bigboy54
    Participant

How is it with miqo?

iifetap
    Participant

Such an ambiguous question. What are your goals? Hunt trains? Dungeons? Savage content?

There is also this thread: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/best-jobsclasses-for-combat-assist/

bigboy54
    Participant

Such an ambiguous question. What are your goals? Hunt trains? Dungeons? Savage content?

There is also this thread: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/best-jobsclasses-for-combat-assist/

Dungeons! I know about that thread I asked in there about two or so weeks ago no one replied šŸ™

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    3+

DRG is fine, I’ve done E5S and E6S with DRG. Where Lv.80 is concerned, if you have the “Blind Positionals” and “Dashes and Backsteps” boxes ticked, then all you really have to do is pressed Stardiver during your big burst window and Miqo will do literally everything else. The problem you might occasionally run into is that your Jump skills are tied into “Dashes and Backsteps”, so if that’s not ticked, Miqo will not use those OGCD’s, and you will have to use them yourself. This is preferable in my opinion, since Miqo will not care if there’s a big death ring around the boss when the OGCD is ready; she will Spineshatter your @$$ right into that death ring. She is a true blue “BUT MUH DEEPS” Dragoon in that sense šŸ˜› – the same goes for RDM and Corps-a-corps.

So for things like Dungeons, it will more than likely be totally fine if you let Miqo handle your dashes and backsteps/your jumps. For Extreme/Savage content, you definitely want to handle those yourself, and may even want to pay attention and handle positionals yourself as well (though I rarely have a problem fighting Miqo to make her go where I want to when there’s a Mechanic close enough to make her want to go to the positional versus staying put; that’s what True North is for! a good example is E5S/Ramuh during the Thundercloud phase, as a melee you have an assigned cardinal position around the boss, typically flank if you’re not a tank, and Miqo’s like “My dude, I know you have a big paralysis ring around you but I really gotta hit this skill from behind!” – saving True North for moments like that solves all of those issues.)

TL;DR – DRG is great! Miqo handles it better than MNK at 80 atm, and is on par with SAM.

bigboy54
    Participant

DRG is fine, Iā€™ve done E5S and E6S with DRG. Where Lv.80 is concerned, if you have the ā€œBlind Positionalsā€ and ā€œDashes and Backstepsā€ boxes ticked, then all you really have to do is pressed Stardiver during your big burst window and Miqo will do literally everything else. The problem you might occasionally run into is that your Jump skills are tied into ā€œDashes and Backstepsā€, so if thatā€™s not ticked, Miqo will not use those OGCDā€™s, and you will have to use them yourself. This is preferable in my opinion, since Miqo will not care if thereā€™s a big death ring around the boss when the OGCD is ready; she will Spineshatter your @$$ right into that death ring. She is a true blue ā€œBUT MUH DEEPSā€ Dragoon in that sense šŸ˜› ā€“ the same goes for RDM and Corps-a-corps.

So for things like Dungeons, it will more than likely be totally fine if you let Miqo handle your dashes and backsteps/your jumps. For Extreme/Savage content, you definitely want to handle those yourself, and may even want to pay attention and handle positionals yourself as well (though I rarely have a problem fighting Miqo to make her go where I want to when thereā€™s a Mechanic close enough to make her want to go to the positional versus staying put; thatā€™s what True North is for! a good example is E5S/Ramuh during the Thundercloud phase, as a melee you have an assigned cardinal position around the boss, typically flank if youā€™re not a tank, and Miqoā€™s like ā€œMy dude, I know you have a big paralysis ring around you but I really gotta hit this skill from behind!ā€ ā€“ saving True North for moments like that solves all of those issues.)

TL;DR ā€“ DRG is great! Miqo handles it better than MNK at 80 atm, and is on par with SAM.

Thank you so much for the detailed reply just what I was looking for!! šŸ™‚

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.