Does Miqobot Have Combat Routines?

Forum Forums Discussion Does Miqobot Have Combat Routines?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Gray Gray 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author

HalfDisabled
    Participant

You’ve hit it right on the head Flacito.

When combat assist is activated miqo will do the proper rotation for your class to the best of its ability. You have to handle movement, target swapping, mechanics that require activating things, and duty actions (like the immunity on Lakshmi) yourself.

Before the expansion some classes were closer to ideal at max level than others (Redmage and Bard specifically were both pretty close to ideal rotations) but after the expansion we’re unsure when combat assist will come back online. Miqo will need to relearn all the rotations and new abilities for each class, this could take weeks or months, no one knows. Combat assist was also still in “beta” which means that sometimes (rarely) things go wrong unexpectedly. I think Miqo had all the classes finished into the low to mid 60’s, level wise, before the xpac dropped.

flacito
    Participant

You’ve hit it right on the head Flacito.

When combat assist is activated miqo will do the proper rotation for your class to the best of its ability. You have to handle movement, target swapping, mechanics that require activating things, and duty actions (like the immunity on Lakshmi) yourself.

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Before the expansion some classes were closer to ideal at max level than others (Redmage and Bard specifically were both pretty close to ideal rotations) but after the expansion we’re unsure when combat assist will come back online. Miqo will need to relearn all the rotations and new abilities for each class, this could take weeks or months, no one knows. Combat assist was also still in “beta” which means that sometimes (rarely) things go wrong unexpectedly. I think Miqo had all the classes finished into the low to mid 60’s, level wise, before the xpac dropped.

Yeah that’s what I got out of the previous replies. It seems that it it was not, and still is not, fully functional. But that’s actually understandable considering it was in beta. I’m keen to try it out once the bot is back online for payment!

flacito
    Participant

I also have a off-topic question. I am new to FFIX and just bought my account. I just started playing a week ago, and within my playtime I haven’t seen any communication or whatsoever. No trade, no people searching for parties, no /yell, no random chatter, absolutely nothing. I haven’t come across any form of communication between players. So far, this game feels like a single player game! Is this normal!?

Poisonling
    Participant

I also have a off-topic question. I am new to FFIX and just bought my account. I just started playing a week ago, and within my playtime I haven’t seen any communication or whatsoever. No trade, no people searching for parties, no /yell, no random chatter, absolutely nothing. I haven’t come across any form of communication between players. So far, this game feels like a single player game! Is this normal!?

I had the same thing happen to me, but that went away after joining a Free Company. Game gets much better with communication. Most people do is type “o/” when they’re in dungeons and that’s all. I’ve seen a few people yell for fate groups too.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

So far, this game feels like a single player game! Is this normal!?

Did you join a brand new server??? Because that’s not normal at all.

It’s the beginning of an expansion, so people are focused on the story, and because there’s a real anti-spoiler policy enforced by the developer, it makes people way more silent than usual, but everything will be back to normal within a month, with chats literally everywhere.

That said, did you set up your logs correctly and activated all chats (tell, say, yell, shout, FC, LS, Party, Novice, emotes)?
    You should join a Free Company and Linkshells of like-minded people sharing your goals and expectations.

Nucleotides
    Participant

I also started playing recently. I’m having a very different experience with a lot of players around. The chat isn’t nearly as toxic as wow but people are still around. I think the culture is just a bit different. Also as someone that works too much I cannot wait to try out Miqo when it’s ready.

flacito
    Participant

I’m on the (…) server. So that’s not a new one. In fact, it’s one of the most populated (according to https://ffxivcensus.com/)

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Miqobot Miqobot. Reason: Please be careful about your server
    Arc
    Arc

First of all, you really shouldn’t talk about the server you play on.
    Secondly, as mentioned before, people are completely focused on the Main Scenario Questline from Shadowbringers and it’s ridiculously full on Norvandt.
    Thirdly, ffxivcensus is completely unreliable, since it takes every Chinese bot user into account for the population and even on ffxivcensus the population of ‘active players’ is on the lower end. A way more reliable, but still not 100% safe census is the one from LuckyBancho, which you also have to take with a grain of salt.

flacito
    Participant
    1+

First of all, you really shouldn’t talk about the server you play on.
    Secondly, as mentioned before, people are completely focused on the Main Scenario Questline from Shadowbringers and it’s ridiculously full on Norvandt.
    Thirdly, ffxivcensus is completely unreliable, since it takes every Chinese bot user into account for the population and even on ffxivcensus the population of ‘active players’ is on the lower end. A way more reliable, but still not 100% safe census is the one from LuckyBancho, which you also have to take with a grain of salt.

Thanks for your advice. I would’ve edited my post to delete my server, but it seems that this forum doesn’t support editing posts. I’ll check out the LuckyBancho one to see if I notice any difference in population.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

The forum supports editing for a short period after posting only, not sure if it’s 30m or 1h or what but it isn’t long

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

The forum supports editing for a short period after posting only, not sure if it’s 30m or 1h or what but it isn’t long

Just 20 mins, unfortunately. Barely enough even just to spellcheck a long post…

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.