Does Miqobot Have Combat Routines?

Forum Forums Discussion Does Miqobot Have Combat Routines?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Gray Gray 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
  • Author

flacito
    Participant

Hello, I have a few questions.

Does Miqobot have in-built combat routines for each class and/or does it have external profiles for combat routines? In case of the latter, where might I find them? Are they functional and good enough (for PvP and PvE?)? I searched the forums but couldn’t find an answer to my questions.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  flacito.

Icemage560
    Participant

Hi there!

Firstly, Miqo does not support PVP at all. She has an internal kill switch that detects if you are in a PVP area and disables all functions.

For your second question, Miqo has all combat features built into herself. There is no 3rd party you have to deal with. She will detect what class you are on and automatically use the proper rotation for that class. She currently supports up to Level 66 on all classes. This obviously has been affected by SHB which most likely broke almost all class rotations as they have changed. We will need to wait a few weeks for Miqo’s team to update the combat rotations to include SHB.

flacito
    Participant

Thanks for your reply 🙂 Why is pvp not supported while pve is? Isn’t both competitive and doesn’t give miqo the advantage to botters in raids in relation to non botters?

Tiffalockheart
    Participant

Well, its an assist when fighting things. It does pretty well against ai, when you go up against other players I’m sure it will still try to fight. I just don’t think it would be very effective. You still have to move around it just fights. If you want movement you have to create a grid… There would be no way to make a grid to predict where and what is going on in pvp to be effective.

Tiffalockheart
    Participant

Didn’t know about the kill switch lol. I never tried it. Well that answers that

zgo63925
    Participant

The reason for PvP not being implemented and killswitched is because it directly puts you with and against other players, currently if it wasnt killswitched people would make idle bots running around pretending to dps with some key spam possible. This is a great way to have square enix eyes onto your product.

I personally would love combat assist (e.g just the rotations) to be implemented for pvp and nothing else.

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Lol, you all got it wrong. The reason for the kill switch, as stated by Miqobot themselves, is for moral and security reasons.

Here I’ll just quote Miqobot themselves, so they don’t need to write it again:

We are very sorry, but Miqobot does not support any PvP activities.
    She will immediately trigger an integrated kill switch upon entering a PvP zone.

Please note that PvP activities are extremely dangerous for botting due to high player congestion.
    There is a very high risk of being reported by another player in PvP. And it will most likely result in account suspension.

It is true that PvP grinding would be relatively easy to implement with Scenario Engine, and it would drive a lot of attraction to Miqobot.
    But at the same time it would trigger much hatred from players who prefer to grind Frontlines manually. They would most likely take it as a personal insult and initiate witch hunting, which could potentially lead to a schism in the game community and significant damage to the game itself.

We care about our players very much, and we would not want Miqobot to become a tool for game destruction.

We sincerely apologize, but at this time we have to postpone all PvP features requests.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by Arc Arc.

testytester
    Participant

Even when miqo releases all combat rotations up to and including lv 80, it’d still be wise to only use it in certain parts of the game (pref solo content);
    – leveling
    – lower levels of deep dungeons
    – leves
    – grinding materials from mobs
    – FATEs

Whilst the rotations “worked”, there’s a lot that’s really suspicious if you use them (and they aren’t min-max either).
    I know exactly who is using a bot when in a dungeon, due to stuns and ranged attacks going off whilst the other person gets out of melee range, tanks retaunting instantly, healers having a weird prio system in miqo,etc.

And for the love of god, don’t use them in current-content high-end duties and raids.
    The more running and jumping and all that stuff (tactics), the less miqo will properly be able to throw out her rotation.

Poisonling
    Participant

Even when miqo releases all combat rotations up to and including lv 80, it’d still be wise to only use it in certain parts of the game (pref solo content);
    – leveling
    – leves
    – FATEs

Whilst the rotations “worked”, there’s a lot that’s really suspicious if you use them (and they aren’t min-max either).
    I know exactly who is using a bot when in a dungeon, due to stuns and ranged attacks going off whilst the other person gets out of melee range, tanks retaunting instantly, healers having a weird prio system in miqo,etc.

And for the love of god, don’t use them in current-content high-end duties and raids.
    The more running and jumping and all that stuff (tactics), the less miqo will properly be able to throw out her rotation.

What’s the point of having a combat routine if you’re not going to use it for current-content raids etc?

testytester
    Participant

What’s the point of having a combat routine if you’re not going to use it for current-content raids etc?

There’s more combat in the game than just raids plus I assume nobody wants to get reported.
    Some of the things that miqo does makes it obvious that the player is botting.

If your static knows you are botting and are okay with sub-optimal dps, be my guest to use it.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  testytester.
    Tohka Yatogami
    Tohka Yatogami
    Participant

– leveling
    – leves
    – FATEs

I’ve raided so much with the combat assist as a bard, never have I been called out once for it. Even outside of raids :3

testytester
    Participant

I’ve raided so much with the combat assist as a bard, never have I been called out once for it. Even outside of raids :3

It works better on certain classes than on others (bards can move freely without it screwing over their rotation as far as I know)
    What about offensive/defensive cooldowns? Miqo always used them in succession and didn’t think of downtimes in some fights.
    I’d have to seperate some cooldowns off onto other bars without keybinds just so miqo didn’t use them (in bad ways).

Only used it with tanks/healers so far, can’t say how it is for most dps classes.

Combat assist has only just started so am looking forward to some changes and additional tinkering.

kontu
    kontu
    Participant

We’ll get full rotation customization in the future.

Alternative to putting a skill on a button with no keybind is to put it in a macro instead

flacito
    Participant

I’m a bit confused. Does Miqo has a pure combat routine mode, whereby you walk and move yourself but combat rotation is left to Miqo? In other words, the only thing managed by Miqo is combat rotation, while everything else is managed by the user. So when I go in raids or start leveling, I only enable combat rotation. Movement and the rest is up to me. Does it support such an option or not?

• This reply was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  flacito.
    kontu
    kontu
    Participant

Yea, that’s the combat assist mode. Just turn off blind positionals option and movement is 100% yours.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.