Discord for Miqobot?

Forum Forums Discussion Discord for Miqobot?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Borelia
    Participant

Has the team from Miqo ever thought of having a discord for this? Unsure if that would be good or bad for Miqo (as far as keeping things low key) – but having ping notifications in discord to notify folks like ACT does when things are fixed might be good? Just a thought.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant
    3+

Me personally I wouldn’t join it. I have privacy concerns in that regards. I wouldn’t want anyone to recognize my name and chance someone reporting me for using Miqo. Now, I know, you can create an alternate discord account, but I would prefer not to. I know you can change your name on an individual server basis but it’s not private enough and you still have to join that server before you can alter your nickname.

I hear you, would be nice to have the notifications as stuff in discord since I’m always on it, but in this case I would rather just keep refreshing the Miqo forums a few times a day.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

At the moment we don’t have a Discord server.
    All notifications about Miqobot updates are posted in the main status thread:
    Shadowbringers – Miqobot Status

Krude
    Participant
    1+

If you’re really jonesing for the bot that much that you need immediate notification when it’s up again, you’re probably already frantically hitting F5 every 5 minutes on the forums page like the rest of the, uh…. *checks* 30 other people doing that right now.

And yeah, privacy is kind of an issue in botting Discords.

Borelia
    Participant

Its not really about “jonesing” and “needing” an immediate notification – was just curious if it was thought about to communicate with their community. Also understand about the privacy concerns which is why I also said in regards to keeping things low key. Appreciate your “Krude” response.

Krude
    Participant

You’re welcome!

Pandareverb
    Participant

With something so customizable by users, it’s good and almost necessary to keep all the information in one easily accessible place. Having a Discord would split the community up into forum users and Discord users, with maybe even up to a majority using both. But with both places set up, the information would be split up, and it would be an extra hassle to find something you’re looking for.

Not to mention Discord is a place where people are usually active. Which completely goes against what the purpose of this program even is.

he_le
    Participant
    1+

Me personally I wouldn’t join it. I have privacy concerns in that regards. I wouldn’t want anyone to recognize my name and chance someone reporting me for using Miqo. Now, I know, you can create an alternate discord account, but I would prefer not to. I know you can change your name on an individual server basis but it’s not private enough and you still have to join that server before you can alter your nickname.

I hear you, would be nice to have the notifications as stuff in discord since I’m always on it, but in this case I would rather just keep refreshing the Miqo forums a few times a day.

This x100. Not worth the risk

Also this is against discord TOS:
    You may not promote, distribute, or provide access to content involving the hacking, cracking, or distribution of pirated software or stolen accounts. This includes sharing or selling cheats or hacks that may negatively affect others in multiplayer games.

They’ll shut down the server and ban your discord account

Arc
    Arc

We also had an unofficial Miqobot Discord server for a while, administered by me, which had a fair share of users, but close to zero activity.

There was maybe 1 question asked per week or so and that’s it, when it comes to activity there. So we also have practical experience, that even if a Miqobot Discord wasn’t against the Discord ToS, it wouldn’t be feasible to run one in general.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.