Development & Longevity of Miqobot

Forum Forums Discussion Development & Longevity of Miqobot

This topic contains 11 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  flintrucker 2 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

flintrucker
    Participant
    2+

Starting this topic because I was thinking about how Miqobot mentioned that they have a lower amount of subscribers since ShB despite ShB’s popularity. And that’s really sad because Miqobot is so good in comparison to their other competitors????

This makes me think that Miqobot has been awesome to the community and constantly been taking our feedback on what features we want. However, I have noticed that we are also downvoting certain features that might make Miqobot more bannable to keep it in the safety zone (I am one of those people). These are also the same features that the other bots provide without care and I recall there’s been a few former members of Miqobot that have changed to other bots because of this.

This brings me to the next question: do we as a community should start considering implementing these features? I am a bit worried about Miqobot’s resources being strained and if they don’t make enough money, it’d be hard for us too. I’d love to see Miqobot persist for a very long time and that the developers can stay happy with what they are getting out of this too. Just thinking out loud.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    6+

I dont think that making Miqo more bannable will bring it more money. Theres a subtle flaw in this argument.
    One of the primary reasons people choose Miqo over competitors is because its more safe. If you remove safety you will lose users. And no amount of new features will compensate for that.

Fara
    Participant
    2+

I will second that. There is no use having an unsafe bot which leads to users being banned left and right. Economical thinking this would lead to users potentially seeking to other solutions and jumping ship which might bring even a higher loss of money.
    In addition it seems to keep out of certain ingame drama which i heard other bot services participate in. I kinda am glad about that. (Hunt community. Eherm. I heard certain things from that region)

Ray
    Participant
    1+

Agreed. Hard pass on my end.

Zanion
    Participant
    2+

I believe the longevity of Miqobot can be preserved by staying the safe bot that it is.

I am not familiar with the post stating reduced number of users but I’d argue that a safe product with a loyal following is going to contribute to miqos viability.

The priority lists posted make sense, at least for someone like me, who is interested in experiencing the game while also automating some tedious tasks such as fishing, gathering, crafting, Gold saucer and squadrons. If I could request a feature that I’d like to see implemented, that would be for example triple triad, but I do understand that other things take priority for the whole community.

miyacore
    miyacore
    Participant
    1+

I dont think that making Miqo more bannable will bring it more money. Theres a subtle flaw in this argument.
    One of the primary reasons people choose Miqo over competitors is because its more safe. If you remove safety you will lose users. And no amount of new features will compensate for that.

exactly this.

flintrucker
    Participant

Thank you for your feedback on this! It is definitely something I am putting out there for food for thought as I definitely prefer Miqobot to continue to be safe and have been beyond happy with what I’ve been provided. It is still interesting to think about the other side and the possibilities.

Uxhak
    Participant

I agree that adding features that would make a higher risk for bans would be a bad idea. but I’m curious as to what features would be included in this list. From what I understand Miqobot does not preform any obvious hacking action such as animation/speed hacks. While open world combat would be suspicious to players its about the same level of risk as gathering So I don’t see it raising the risk level all that much to what we already have.

So I’m basically wondering what features do other bots have that Miqobot doesn’t that the community feels is high risk? Also further on that what features are people leaving miqobot to other bots for do you think?

flintrucker
    Participant

Off the top of my head, it seems like some of the highly contended features include:
    – Marketboard undercutter/manager (there’s a big thread here somewhere about this which I am also hard no about)
    – PvP combat assist
    – FATE/Monster/Eureka/Bozja farming (overworld farming)

There’s probably a few more, but those are the ones I recall from recently.

Uxhak
    Participant

Well

– FATE/Monster/Eureka/Bozja farming (overworld farming)

this probably doesn’t have any higher risk for getting banned then open world gathering. Hell gathering puts you in a single location following the same path continuously which I think is even higher risk of other players noticing you then if you were moving through the whole map doing fates. but other then that I think the others listed were already agreed in general by the community not to do as they would be pointless in the long run?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

flintrucker
    Participant

Wow, thanks Lyfox for digging up some references! And in case anyone was wondering where that “Miqobot said there’s now less user than ever”, here is the reference post for that too: https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/how-long-does-it-take-for-rotations-to-be-updated/page/2/#post-25254

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.