Creating Way points for Racing

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Creating Way points for Racing

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

I tried to create a waypoint for a chocobo race. I checked ‘rails’ ‘progress’ ‘mid-rail’ ‘waypoints’ and hit record. Then I entered a race and recorded and saved it. When I tried to go back into the exact same race and run the waypoint I just created, it seems to follow the track just fine but doesn’t do any jumping. Am I doing it right?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yeah it seems right. Did you actually jump when recording? It mimics all your jumps at the same moments. You can upload your waypoint, I can take a look if you want.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

Hi Lyfox, thank you for the affirmation that I was doing it right. Upon further consideration I believe that what might be happening is that when I record the race, my chocobo levels up and gains more stats making him faster and more cunning. I think this may be why he’s sometimes missing but doesn’t explain why he just doesn’t jump at all sometimes. It also happens with some of the other presets I’ve downloaded from this forum but for the most part they work enough to finish the race often times in first place.

I deleted the wyapoints that I created when I first made this post but since then made another. Now that my chocobo is max rank and can’t earn any more points I want to re-record it and see what happens then If I’m still having jumping issues I’ll attach it so someone to look at.

Thanks again.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Sure anytime.

captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

@lyfox I created a R-300 waypoints. I sometimes win, most the time come in 2-5 place, rarely ever come in last but it’s happened. Luck of the dice really.

Now on this one, I created it using a maxed rank chocobo with all his points spent. So the stats wouldn’t change when I’m creating the waypoints. Just like I mentioned though, sometimes he will just not jump for certain things.

The weirdest thing though, There’s one are where there’s a pad, chest, monster all in a row, he banked hard right to try to get the chest, but when I recorded it I told him to just stay left and ignore it all. Weird.

This is for sagoli road only but if you don’t mind taking a look I would appreciate it. No rush, I know it will require a Rating 300 to use.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yeah this is definitely the weirdest waypoints Ive seen lol. I dont have access to R300 but Ive decided to put it into Open class and see whether it follows the patterns on 3dradar. For the most part it was fine but on some sections the bot was completely lost. And 3dradar showed some backtracking lines which is also strange. so ive taken a look inside in notepad.
    You sure you didnt edit them manually right? Cause your progress pattern is like 41%, 42%, 43, BAM! 50, 51, BAM! 46, 47,.. Its like you teleport back and forth along the track. Miqo must be ‘what the hell’ at times. One of the jumps is exactly at this weird 50-51% area. Another section is in the end of the track, you have -97-98-99-100-95-96- there. Ive no idea how this could happen but I assume its not supposed to work correctly.
    Ive taken the liberty to fix these weird patterns for you and it worked like a charm. Im not sure where that 50-51 jump was supposed to go so you might wanna finish that one yourself.

By the way you can leave all those show checkboxes ticked next to record button. Its always good to know what Miqo thinks about your points. So any ideas about that random teleporting?

Attachments:
    captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

I’m going to guess it’s lag. I have had some issues with the game freezing up for a second from time to time so maybe it froze up in the race and I just didn’t notice. It happens when I’m tanking stuff too but it’s never long enough to cause a wipe or anything (unless it does it when I’m trying to pop hallowed ground).

I don’t know how to edit the files once it’s been created. I saw inside one and it looked Greek to me so I left them alone. I basically just record it, save it, then run it a few times then export using the ‘share’ feature.

Thank you SO much for taking a look at it. I’ll try yours out and tell you how it does on the rank 300. I still haven’t retired that chocobo even though it’s not perfect. I wanted to play with it for a while.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Oh I see. Yeah lags are annoying. In Chocoracing they look extremely weird. You get thrown all over the place by the game. No wonder Miqo got confused.

Actually its easy to edit the files with notepad. Miqo devs said about that json viewer thing but U9w30y showed me an even better way. https://miqobot.com/forum/forums/topic/request-in-bot-editable-racing-waypoints/
    Basically you just open it in Notepad with the word wrap on and resize the window to get the points aligned. Hold on a sec Ill get a pic for you.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Here. Export, edit like this, import again. Theres your -43-50-51-46- pattern by the way.
    choconotepad

• This reply was modified 7 years, 11 months ago by Lyfox Lyfox.
    Attachments:
    captainblunt
    captainblunt
    Participant

Oh this is interesting. Progress is the obvious, I’m guessing shift is where on the track you tell your chocobo to go? Jump 0 for no and 1 for yes?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yeah shift is left or right. With 0.0 being on the left, 0.5 in the middle, 1.0 on the right. Jump is jump yeah.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.