Crafting Update and Questions

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting Update and Questions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 4 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

NotABotter
    Participant

Loooooove the crafting feature of Miqo, but whenever I try to do a plus 3 minute solver she goes “Not Responding”. I’ve checked my task manager and she’s not over stressing my CPU, RAM, or anything else at all. Just curious if someone has any ideas. 🙂

As well, curious if there will be any updates to the crafting AI in the near future at all. Or are devs waiting till ShB to see what will need adjusted?

Again, thanks for the incredible game assist!

• This topic was modified 4 years, 10 months ago by  NotABotter.
    Arc
    Arc

That’s normal. When she starts calculating difficult recipes that take a long time she always freezes and when it’s done, she works again and starts crafting. That’s how Miqo works, so don’t worry about it.

As well, curious if there will be any updates to the crafting AI in the near future at all. Or are devs waiting till ShB to see what will need adjusted?

What kind of updates do you mean? The crafting solver is already as competent in crafting as Byregot of the Twelve himself, with its multi-dimensional solutuion map solving AI.

NotABotter
    Participant

She doesn’t unfreeze for me lately. 🙁

That’s why I’m curious if there will be an update to her AI to improve the speed or the resources necessary. 🙂

fernir
    fernir
    Participant

I’ve had the same issue, usually only happens with the quest related craftings for DoH quests from 60-70. I ended up having to use https://ffxiv-beta.lokyst.net/#/simulator macros to craft the items instead.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

This is by design. Take a look at the guide:

Crafting Solver works in two stages:

1. Solving. At this stage Miqobot freezes completely to give more processing power to solving algorithm. The amount of time needed depends on your stats, on recipe’s difficulty, and durability. For example, an 80-durability item usually takes twice longer to solve than a 40-durability item. The time shown in the Solver box is a rough estimate, and it may vary depending on your CPU.
      There is no way to stop Miqobot when she goes into frozen state, so please be patient.
    2. Crafting. As soon as the recipe is solved, Miqobot will be crafting non-stop just the way she does with macro rotations. At the moment, only one recipe solution can be stored in memory.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Loooooove the crafting feature of Miqo, but whenever I try to do a plus 3 minute solver she goes “Not Responding”. I’ve checked my task manager and she’s not over stressing my CPU, RAM, or anything else at all. Just curious if someone has any ideas.

Yes, this behavior is completely normal and expected. Miqobot will freeze for the amount of time displayed in the solver box. Please refer to our basic guide on Crafting Solver to understand how it works: Help – Crafting

In order to reduce the amount of time Miqobot freezes before crafting, do not enable too many CPU intensive settings at once.

Please aim for 20 seconds of solving or less.
    There is almost no benefit in waiting longer, except for crafting 70**** star recipes.
    You can find detailed information on Crafting Solver setup in this thread: Stormblood – Upgrade Stage 2.

At the moment Crafting Solver is fully optimized and compatible with all Stormblood recipes.
    New crafting updates will be introduced after the launch of Shadowbringers expansion.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.