Crafting Solver: Saving solved recipes?

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting Solver: Saving solved recipes?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Liemuaht
    Participant
    1+

Is there a way to save and execute solves recipes? Its kinda annoying to have to resolve everything again when I craft different things.

Krude
    Participant

Check this post where the devs answered a similar request:
    Stormblood Upgrade Stage 2

Basically, each solved recipe is only valid for that specific combination of current charcter stats, recipe level and available skills. Change any of these (leveling up, different item, change stats by equipment or food) and the solution is invalid again. And each solution would occupy the same space on your hard drive as it would in RAM, which can get pretty big depending on your solving options (couple hundred megabytes for each solution).

ExarchCoercer
    Participant

I wish there was a way to snapshot the buffs you have though. I understand that this could get incredibly complicated but it really sucks that the tea is 15 minutes and it could take up to 5-6 minutes to calculate depending on how fast your CPU is. Then with makers mark it takes another 3-4 minutes per recipe.

After just one craft we are halfway through the tea. Once the tea wears out it will recalculate to finish the recipe and then recalculate again once we redo the tea.

I’m not sure on the solution but maybe a way to remember the last calculation and the current so that two are stored in memory and can be used?

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

If you have good enough melds, not even the best ones, and a couple of mats already HQ, you can skip the Tea.

But even if you don’t want to skip it, the solver should only take 3min, not 5-6min (4:1 with Ingenuity and Manipulation), then you let Miqobot to do 2 crafts, you refresh your Tea, then from there it’s always 3 craft, refresh Tea, etc. it will never have to solve the craft again like this, only the very first time.

Don’t try to be cheap on Tea if you really want to use them, you can have tons with the Bot, so don’t be afraid to refresh the Tea after the 2 first craft, and then after 3 crafts.

ExarchCoercer
    Participant

Yeah I run up to 4 game clients at once and it really takes a beating on my CPU so Miqo doesn’t have a lot of room to work with which is why it takes 5-6 minutes even with 4:1 Ingenuity + Manipulation.

But yeah if I babysit it I can manage but most of the time I doing stuff around the house and it expires mid craft and then there is nothing I can do but let it re-calculate 2x

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Lately ive been crafting everything at 8:1 without Manipulation even 3 stars. Wouldnt say theres a lot of difference.

Kari
    Kari
    Participant
    1+

I would gladly have 100 GB of saved solver data on my PC than have to run the solver every time I switch recipes. I use the same stats every time, and I make a lot of the same stuff daily. Combination of the solver being time inefficient with it’s ability usage and taking 1-2 minutes extra whenever you swap recipes makes it really annoying. Usually crafting 8:1 with manip/ingenuity, but would rather do something more intense for a long solve and save it.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    3+

Take a look at the link above. Devs already explained that reading 100 GB of data from disk would take as much time as solving in RAM. It wont change anything. Solver is amazing for what it does you just have to plan your food usage. And scenario helps immensely with that.

Kari
    Kari
    Participant
    1+

Food usage isn’t the issue, I never change stats. The issue is that I change recipes often. For example when making a piece of armor, I make some of the submats first, each new item requires a new solve.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

Scenario can do that too.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.