Stormblood – Upgrade Stage 2

Forum Forums Discussion Stormblood – Upgrade Stage 2

This topic contains 77 replies, has 25 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)
  • Author

Matches
    Participant

Quick question about the crafting solver. Is there any way to save what it comes up with so that I can start making the same thing again the next day without having to wait for it to resolve everything? Or a way to go back and forth between different recipes in the same session without it having to resolve?

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant
    1+

It has already been brought up and it turned out to be a very difficult task, without being that useful, so it’s not implemented.
    The Solver is so fast if you set it up correctly, it should not take more than a few seconds, unless you’re doing the latest Level 70 2 stars recipe where you need both Ingenuity and Innovation activated, which will put the solver at 2min.
    Outside of that, as long as you are correctly geared and melded, there’s no need to activate the CPU intensive options, and the solver will take only a few seconds.

It’s also worth noted that as long as you have the exact same stats (gear stats, meld, food, potion, FC buff all included), and the same actions, for the same type of recipe, the solver won’t reset.
    Like for example, you can craft all lvl 70 2 stars BSM tools without having the solver reseted itself, or you can switch between the lvl 70 2 stars ALC Oil and Fiber with no reset, etc.
    Just make sure that when you press Start, that stuff like the food didn’t wears off, same with potions, or else the solver will have to solve again.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Indeed, this feature has been requested and planned, but unfortunately it is not capable to remove the issue completely.
    Saving and loading solutions will require additional CPU time due to compression and decompression, and this time is comparable to solving itself. At the moment this feature has a low priority.

You can read about technical aspects in this thread: Save/Load solver alghoritms

Recommended settings for 2.5-star recipes:

• CP Chunks – 4:1 or 8:1.
    • CPU Intensive – Ingenuity + Manipulation II.
      Innovation is not recommended anymore as it gives a very small quality boost.
    • Progress First – enabled.
      A huge computational boost for only 1.8% loss of quality (0.2% when using Maker’s Mark).
    • BB only 100% โ€“ enabled. Prevents bad RNG affecting your craft.
    • PbP only 100% โ€“ enabled. Prevents bad RNG affecting your craft.
    • Ignore Quality โ€“ disabled. Only for crafting furniture or emulating Quick Synthesis.
    • Reclaim if HQ < ..% - depends on your preference.
    • Reclaim if Q < .... - disabled. Only for collectables with specific requirements.

Recommended settings for all other recipes:

• CP Chunks – 8:1.
    • CPU Intensive – all disabled.
    • Progress First – enabled.

As @Carl Arbogast said correctly, Crafting Solver needs only a few seconds for good performance on anything below 70**.

Matches
    Participant

Thank you for the information and help. I’m still fairly new around here and I’m slowly figuring out how everything works. Unfortunately my gear isn’t quite there so I’d ask about hardware acceleration but that’s just me being greedy =P. Thank you again!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Miqobot v1.2.652

Several minor features are implemented, and a few important issues have been addressed.
    Please read about them in the first post: Miqobot v1.2.652 – Patch Notes

choco012
    choco012
    Participant

So great to see miqobot constantly updated! Chatbox while botting support, please make it happen soon ;_; Rooting for ya!

neoseeker
    Participant

Wha, what kind of magic have you guys done? The crafts got much better result than before.

Krude
    Participant

Hey, can i ask you to update the Crafting help thread? It’s quite outdated by now, still shows the 1:1 CP option and is missing all the optimization and AI settings.

If possible, it would also be great if you could consolidate all the extremely helpful statistical research you’ve done on crafting actions for lv60 crafting in HW and lv70 crafting in SB, and maybe even just info on crafting math in general into that help topic as well, so i (and others) don’t need to hunt them down all over the place whenever i want to look it up. It’s all very helpful to make informed decisions.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

So great to see miqobot constantly updated! Chatbox while botting support, please make it happen soon ;_; Rooting for ya!

We are working on several QoL features, including automatic pause for chat. Thank you for your request!

Wha, what kind of magic have you guys done? The crafts got much better result than before.

We have adjusted several formulas used under the effect of Maker’s Mark.
    More adjustments are planned, but we have to test them on 70*** recipes first.

Hey, can i ask you to update the Crafting help thread? Itโ€™s quite outdated by now, still shows the 1:1 CP option and is missing all the optimization and AI settings.

Yes, we are working on that ๐Ÿ™‚
    We are planning to simplify UI for Crafting Solver first, as having many options is confusing for new players. And we will update the Help section after that.

In the meantime, all important information can be found in these 3 threads:

1. Crafting Guide
    2. Crafting Solver for 60****
    3. Crafting Solver for 70**

Botiqe
    Participant

Hi, I don’t know if this is possible but could we have Miqo tells us the (approximately ofc or perhaps best case, worst case, average) % chance of HQ before it actually starts a craft? So, before we risk a more expensive craft we get an idea of what to expect at the end?

he_le
    Participant

Is there going to be another analysis post into crafting 3** L70 recipes? I found your previous 3** L60/2** L70 posts to be most interesting, would like to see a new one if anything has changed since

Dark Desire
    Dark Desire
    Participant

We want new stuff and we want it NOW!! =O

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Hi, I donโ€™t know if this is possible but could we have Miqo tells us the (approximately ofc or perhaps best case, worst case, average) % chance of HQ before it actually starts a craft? So, before we risk a more expensive craft we get an idea of what to expect at the end?

Yes, we consider adding this feature in the future.
    However the final output is highly affected by RNG, so at the moment we are not sure whether this feature will be useful. The usual worst-best range in crafting may be as wide as 15-100% HQ rate.

Is there going to be another analysis post into crafting 3** L70 recipes? I found your previous 3** L60/2** L70 posts to be most interesting, would like to see a new one if anything has changed since

There are no significant changes at new crafting tier that would be worth another analysis post.
    However there will be an additional Miqobot upgrade with new math adapted to 70*** recipes. At the moment we are still collecting data samples so please report any unexpected behaviour you encounter.

We want new stuff and we want it NOW!! =O

Thank you for your interest very much!

Arc
    Arc
    1+

Hmm… I’m so curious. Can we get a % mark about how far the battle system / the next version of Miqobot is like we had with the update 4.2 here?:

The upgrade process is at 70% mark. It will take 24 hours more to complete.
    Thank you for your understanding very much!

I’m waiting so much for this as I want to level my 3 leftover jobs to 50 via squad dungeons since I can’t get the squad dungeon scenario from ExarchCoercer to work properly. My character gets stuck, doesn’t use his rotation properly, then the rotation doesn’t work so good, gets killed by the boss all the time, etc. (the scenario seems to not work very well with melee/healer classes).

• This reply was modified 6 years ago by Arc Arc.

meta.horus
    Participant
    2+

I honestly rather they improved the GUI before releasing combat, better management for grids, pause option in scenarios and crafting, etc.

I’d like to see something like linking gathering mats to grids, eg: I have a list of mats (Iron Ore, Silver Ore,..etc) and if I select Silver Ore it displays on a second list which grids are associated with that mat, as well as sort and search functionality.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 78 total)

The topic ‘Stormblood – Upgrade Stage 2’ is closed to new replies.