Crafting Solver Relevance

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting Solver Relevance

This topic contains 19 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  dax 4 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

tenebrion
    Participant
    14+

I completely agree with the importance of updating Miqobots combat functions and adapting it to the Trust System. That said, I would like to see if the community finds a Crafting Solver Update as desirable as I do.

To me the crafting solver is the feature I use most often, hopping into the inn room and letting it go to work at the push of a button. I won’t deny that Macro crafting works, but I like knowing the solver is making the correct choice at each step of my craft. Thanks to this feature I leveled my crafts without updating gear, all while making HQ mats. Unlike many of the other features it feels completely safe as it is done out of sight of other players.

I’d like to thank the developers for all they have done and believe their choice to update combat assist and trust first is the correct one. It’s my hope that this topic will find support for continued development their Crafting Solver.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  tenebrion.

Botiqe
    Participant
    6+

I agree, I used the crafting solver to lv from 70 to 80 with my Miqo crafted HQ gear from the previous expansion. I’ve already used it to craft some lv80 gear with decent results considering its not optimize and really can’t wait to have it updated again!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

Thank you for initiating this topic.

It should probably be mentioned that the start of the discussion is located here: New features coming?
    So it wouldn’t get lost in the archives.

We will keep an eye on this thread and will adjust our development priorities according to the community demand.
    Thank you for your kind words very much. It really means a lot to us.

Shines
    Shines
    Participant
    5+

I’m in much the same boat. there isn’t a single feature of miqobot that I’m not a fan of, but the crafting solver is the only thing that really made me confident enough to dive in and try crafting for myself. I’m sure I could look into macros and planning it all out myself, but the fact that miqobot can react to different outcomes and making the right choice at different steps is a huge quality of life improvement.

I’m certainly not demanding or asking that it be given increased concern over the other things, but as I stated in that other thread I do hope that at some point, it does recieve continued support. I was shocked to hear about the apparent negative feedback that the crafting solver got, and can certainly understand why that might put a bad mood on things. I’m hoping that doesn’t happen again, as while I’m happy with combat support, MGP and gathering assistance, the crafting solver has opened up an entire side of the game to me that I wouldn’t have explored otherwise.

gafgarion
    gafgarion
    Participant
    6+

I use miqo exclusively for crafting so the solver not getting updated is a deal breaker for me.

Thanks lyfox and the rest of the community for voluntarily sharing their time and effort in sharing scenarios, grids, presets.

iifetap
    Participant
    3+

I love the crafting solver as much as the next person, and hope it gets updated, but y’all acting like it’s useless. In its current state it is completely capable of leveling all your crafters to 80, easily, even without the new abilities. And to make the high end 80 crafts, all you need to do is the current high end gear with the correct melds, and use macros. It takes seconds to make macros, and all of them are already all over the internet. Stop acting like the sky is falling because the crafting solver isn’t high on the list. I think some of you are just really misinformed.

Arc
    Arc
    4+

I also really loved the crafting solver during Stormblood, since even macros with good stats didn’t always net you 100% HQ, if you used 0 HQ items, but quite honestly, especially since Shadowbringers, with the implementation of Delicate Synthesis and Preparatory Touch (which are beyond broken skills), crafting has become so perfectly macroable, that the crafting solver would only really help for a maximum laziness level for me (i.e. if I really don’t want to take 1 minute to open Teamcraft and quickly simulate an HQ rotation for lower level crafts, so I don’t finish the recipe early).

In my opinion what would be much more helpful, would be a crafting macro parser, that makes crating macros in Miqobot much quicker and easier, than manually typing in every single keypress for the macro, because macros are absolutely over the top strong right now (heck, people can even make macros, that “waste” 60 GP and still HQ items 100% in just a handful of steps – waste in quotation marks, because Reuse isn’t really a waste on expensive recipes).

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    2+

In its current state it is completely capable of leveling all your crafters to 80, easily, even without the new abilities. And to make the high end 80 crafts, all you need to do is the current high end gear with the correct melds, and use macros.

This. The solver is already working 100% for almost everything. I mean id love to see it utilize new skills someday but its already amazing for everything except maybe 450 crafts. And it literally takes 10 minutes to setup macros for the latest tier. Theres absolutely no need to waste 5 months of Miqo devs time for something that is already supported by another feature. And im saying this as an avid fan of the crafting solver. Ill be patiently waiting for it to get updated but im not that lazy to stop using the bot because of that. Macro crafting is just the next best thing. Miqo handles macros perfectly and keeps my gil growing so im happy anyway.

k007
    k007
    Participant

In its current state it is completely capable of leveling all your crafters to 80, easily, even without the new abilities. And to make the high end 80 crafts, all you need to do is the current high end gear with the correct melds, and use macros.

This. The solver is already working 100% for almost everything. I mean id love to see it utilize new skills someday but its already amazing for everything except maybe 450 crafts. And it literally takes 10 minutes to setup macros for the latest tier. Theres absolutely no need to waste 5 months of Miqo devs time for something that is already supported by another feature. And im saying this as an avid fan of the crafting solver. Ill be patiently waiting for it to get updated but im not that lazy to stop using the bot because of that. Macro crafting is just the next best thing. Miqo handles macros perfectly and keeps my gil growing so im happy anyway.

I’m also a big fan of the solver, but I don’t mind trying macros. Do you by any chance know where I can get these macros? Thanks!

Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Do you by any chance know where I can get these macros?

Attached a couple of AutoHotKey scripts – these should cover endgame white crafts easily (given that you’ve got final crafting set melded with at least materia VI, maybe with some overmelds of materia IV). The first one is for 40 duration mats, the second – for actual 80-dur crafts. You can go for green facet stuff too, but it will require either quite decent melds, or some HQ intermediate mats. Scripts are pretty much self-explanatory, so you should be able to convert them into macroses manually just by taking skills used one by one.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by Gray Gray.
    Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant
    2+

Do you by any chance know where I can get these macros?

Attached a couple of AutoHotKey scripts – these should cover endgame white crafts easily (given that you’ve got final crafting set melded with at least materia VI, maybe with some overmelds of materia IV). The first one is for 40 duration mats, the second – for actual 80-dur crafts. You can go for green facet stuff too, but it will require either quite decent melds, or some HQ intermediate mats. Scripts are pretty much self-explanatory, so you should be able to convert them into macroses manually just by taking skills used one by one.

😮

Interesting! How do these work? The last time I used AHK it was sending hotbar keys, but yours seeem to be using the skill names?

On topic. Yeah I’d really not wanna see miqo spend 5 months making the solver use the new skills. It works perfectly fine for leveling. I’d much rather see them implement Identical Gig/Pick Clean! Identical Gig is so damn strong its a shame it goes wasted when farming sands Q_Q

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by LutBot LutBot.

iifetap
    Participant
    1+

in my opinion what would be much more helpful, would be a crafting macro parser, that makes crating macros in Miqobot much quicker and easier, than manually typing in every single keypress for the macro,

This right here would be perfect.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 8 months ago by  iifetap.
    Gray
    Gray
    Spectator

Interesting! How do these work? The last time I used AHK it was sending hotbar keys, but yours seeem to be using the skill names?

It uses a definitions file as an include, which converts names into buttons. Though, this way you can see actual skill names, which should help while creating macroses.

iifetap
    Participant

While we’re on the topic of the crafting solver, I have a question. How exactly can I use a macro with reuse, while using the macrocraft option? I’m trying to use a macro from Teamcraft that has reuse in the macro, and after I load up the key-sequence in the macro box, it always keeps trying to use reuse if it “fails”, and never moves on to the next key. Is there a way I can just have the macrocraft just hit the in-game macro button and then do nothing until the macro is finished and then make another craft?

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

While we’re on the topic of the crafting solver, I have a question. How exactly can I use a macro with reuse, while using the macrocraft option? I’m trying to use a macro from Teamcraft that has reuse in the macro, and after I load up the key-sequence in the macro box, it always keeps trying to use reuse if it “fails”, and never moves on to the next key. Is there a way I can just have the macrocraft just hit the in-game macro button and then do nothing until the macro is finished and then make another craft?

Make a separate macro for reuse/csII/CSIII (or w/e action you have on your macro after reuse, normally CSIII/CSII) and set that button on your hotbar.

/ac "reuse"
    /ac "careful synthesis III"

If reuse procs, it’ll use it. Otherwise, it’ll complete the synth.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.