Crafting solver question

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting solver question

This topic contains 22 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

Xodus
    Participant
    1+

I’ve been using the bot to level crafting from 60-70, and I’ve noticed some problems after I learned Careful Synthesis III. Oftentimes, the bot will use 3 steps of a combination of Careful Synthesis II/III and/or Basic Synthesis when the same amount of progress could have been achieved with just 2 steps of Careful Synthesis III. It gets a little better if I remove Careful II from the hotbar, but basic is still required for the bot to function.

Is this a known bug, and will it improve or am I doing something incorrectly?

Xodus
    Participant

To add to this: I don’t see why Basic or Careful I/II should be required to be on the hotbar after Careful III is obtained. I could maybe understand if ingenuity was used in some situations, but that’s not what’s happening here. In general the solver seems to work better after just removing Careful II from the hotbar, but I still see it use Basic sometimes when I don’t see any particular reason to.

As far as my settings go. I’m using 2:1 CP, 100% BB and only innovation checked.

CKITC
    Participant

I’ve also thought this behavior was strange…but I can’t fathom why you think just removing Careful II is a good solution. Careful III costs CP and Careful II doesn’t, ergo you always want to have both.

Xodus
    Participant

I’ve also thought this behavior was strange…but I can’t fathom why you think just removing Careful II is a good solution. Careful III costs CP and Careful II doesn’t, ergo you always want to have both.

You’re right about it costing CP, I forgot about that. So, it makes sense to require it or Basic. But, I still don’t get why an extra step is sometimes taken to use 2 Careful II when you essentially gain 10 durability for 7 cp with a Careful III.

nightprophetess
    Participant

Oftentimes, the bot will use 3 steps of a combination of Careful Synthesis II/III and/or Basic Synthesis when the same amount of progress could have been achieved with just 2 steps of Careful Synthesis III

I’ve noticed this behavior also. Even worse, the bot will sometimes use Basic Synthesis without being under the effect of Steady Hand I or II – occasionally resulting in a wasted step and rarely resulting in failing the whole craft. This happens even when there is plenty of CP to use Steady Hand or Careful III, Careful II is on the hotbar, and CSII or CSIII x2 would complete the craft without any risk and in fewer steps.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Careful Synthesis III has an additional cost of 7 CP which does not justify a minor increase in progress efficiency. In general, CS2 is twice better than CS3 in terms of CP efficiency and HQ output.
    You can find detailed analysis of Stormblood crafting abilities in the main sticky thread: Stormblood – Upgrade Stage 2

However Miqobot should never prioritize Basic Synthesis over Careful Synthesis II, and if you encountered this behavior then it is indeed a critical bug.

Please check option “Enable logs” on Crafting tab under Solver settings. It will create two log files:

• miqo_crafting.log
    • miqo_crafting_solver.log

Please put both of them in ZIP or RAR archive and attach here, along with a screenshot of settings used in Miqobot. We need them in order to reproduce and analyze your issue.
    Thank you very much!

nightprophetess
    Participant

However Miqobot should never prioritize Basic Synthesis over Careful Synthesis II, and if you encountered this behavior then it is indeed a critical bug.

In my case, I don’t think Miqobot has ever chosen to use Basic Synthesis over Careful II when Careful II is slotted, and messing around for a while I was unable to get Miqo to use Basic as long as Careful II was on the hotbar. But the behavior that caused easy crafts to unexpectedly fail for me involved Miqobot using Basic Synthesis to finish off a craft after the Steady Hand buff had fallen off.

I have a feeling this might be a somewhat intended result of Miqo’s logic and not a bug exactly. The 10% chance of failure of Basic Synthesis is worth the risk to the bot versus spending the 7 CP to use Careful III or the 22 to reapply Steady Hand, so it decides to take the small chance of failure with Basic instead of spending 7 CP on a 100% success rate action (even though I might have 400+ CP remaining).

Since this follows Miqo’s logic but in practice results in 10% of crafts failing if the last step happens at the same time Steady Hand falls off when Careful II isn’t slotted, maybe a checkbox similar to the “BB only 100%” option could be implemented that disallows Miqo from using progress actions with less than 100% success rate as long as it’s possible with current CP pool to finish the craft without taking any risk?

I attached a log of Miqo using Basic Synthesis after Steady Hand falls off when Careful II is not on the hotbar, even though I think is expected behavior, just in case it’s helpful.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Thank you for providing the necessary information!
    We analyzed the data you provided but we couldn’t identify any critical issues.

Yes, we can see that Basic Synthesis is used without Steady Hand, however in this case it’s not risky at all.
    There is 50 points of Durability left, therefore Basic Synthesis has 0% chance of failing the craft. The priority in this case is to complete synthesis with only one step instead of two. If Basic Synthesis would fail 4 times in a row until only 10 Durability left (which can happen with 0.01% chance), Miqobot would finally accept her fate and obediently refresh Steady Hand before finishing the craft.

We have taken special care to prevent Basic Synthesis from staying unbuffed at the last 10 Durability step, and under normal circumstances this should never lead to a failed craft.

Still, you report that there were cases when it happened and this is indeed critical. Unfortunately, after several ours of testing we couldn’t reproduce your issue in our labs.
    Therefore we would kindly ask you to keep the crafting logs enabled, and in case you encounter this problem again please report to us.

Thank you for your assistance very much!

Nott
    Participant

The priority in this case is to complete synthesis with only one step instead of two.

Sorry to hijack but this made me think of something I was wondering about yesterday. I wanted to quickly produce a bunch of twinsilk without risking quick synth fails, so I checked the ignore durability. I previousled noted that I could finish the craft in 3 careful synth II’s. Miqo does this on the first craft: CSII > ToT > Manip II > CSII > CSII.

Given that there’s no chance I’ll need any CP at all and no chance I’ll run out of durability, why…?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

This is an entirely different issue which is not related to Steady Hand or Basic Synthesis.

The setting “Ignore Quality” disables a certain subset of crafting abilities, however the internal algorithm stays the same. There is a chance that the recipe is a complex housing item which could require more than 8 steps of Progress, so disabling Tricks of the Trade and Durability skills could potentially result in a failed craft.

We plan to address this behavior by implementing a separate algorithm specifically for “Ignore Quality” feature which will estimate the number of steps required and disable additional abilities.
    Since this behavior does not break the synthesis, it is classified as minor issue.

Nott
    Participant

Yeah, I saw that I put “ignore durability”…didn’t see any way to edit the post though -_-

Anyway, I knew they weren’t related, just saw that the bot was supposed to have some ability to try to shorten crafts and thought I’d ask about it. It is minor but does potentially make you waste a lot of time.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

All right, we will be working on Crafting Solver improvements once again after we complete the core Combat system 🙂
    Thank you for your request very much!

Nott
    Participant

Oh yeah, work out the combat stuff first, I’m not using it currently but when it moves outside of squadron, I absolutely will.

nightprophetess
    Participant

Still, you report that there were cases when it happened and this is indeed critical. Unfortunately, after several ours of testing we couldn’t reproduce your issue in our labs.
    Therefore we would kindly ask you to keep the crafting logs enabled, and in case you encounter this problem again please report to us.

It’s been a long time since I remember seeing this situation actually occur at low enough durability to fail the craft, but I’m certain it happened at least once – in the midst of letting the bot craft collectibles I got “Oh no, crafting FAIL! :(” out of nowhere and was really shocked since there seemed to be no reason for failing (gear durability is fine, the recommended 10 skills are slotted, the same craft succeeded many times already), and on examining the log I saw Basic Synth used as the last step before failure. I wish I had reported it at the time but I just shrugged it off until seeing this thread reminded me of it. It was several months back on an older build of the bot.

I’ll keep logs on in case it happens again, but if you weren’t able to replicate the bot using unbuffed Basic Synth at low enough durability to risk failing the craft, and no one else reports anything similar, then maybe it was some accident or mistake on my part. Thanks for taking the time to check it out regardless 🙂

Xodus
    Participant

Another unrelated question: is the crafting bot safe to use for 3 star level 70 crafts right now?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.