Crafting Solver!

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting Solver!

Tagged: 

This topic contains 19 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  nafertlunet 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    tcarroll89
    tcarroll89
    Participant

maxed all my crafts by manually setting up a rotation. Attmpted 480 food high quality and realized im not as good as i thought i was so i tried solver in miqo’s crafting tab for the first time…. Cant believe how bad solver made me look. its amazing and can HQ most thing even if you minimum control for the craft (so far that i have seen) But i do have qeustions. What are the CP 2:1 4:1 8:1 settings. they have there description but i cant say i understand.

Thanks as always everyone.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by tcarroll89 tcarroll89.

Kit
    Participant
    2+

The way the solver works is by using AI to analyze all of the possible skill rotations and their outcomes for the craft, and isolating the best path to the highest chance of 100% success and/or quality. With so many skills at our disposal, and so much CP available to use, the number of potential rotations for some of the longer higher level crafts becomes extremely high. While computers can process a lot of information very quickly, the number of branches that must be calculated for a high-level craft are so incredibly high that it can take minutes to process all of the data, even on a powerful machine. It would not be practical for a user to sit and wait for 2, 5, or more minutes just to craft one item, so the CP ratio logic serves to strike a balance between the rate of success and the time used to calculate. By reducing CP into chunks, the program can simplify the number of branches that must be generated in calculating every possible outcome of the craft. So, if you are confident a craft wont be too difficult for your character, you can probably safely use 8:1 chunks for the calculation which will save a ton of time by greatly reducing the rotation branches that must be calculated. On the contrary, if you are just barely able to succeed at the craft and you want to try and maximize your chances of pulling it off with a decent chance of HQ, you are going to want to use 2:1 chunks so that Miqo can be sure it is making the most out of your stats, but for high-end items you may be sitting there calculating for 1-2 minutes even on a powerful computer.

Hope this makes sense, at least a bit lol.

tcarroll89
    tcarroll89
    Participant

That explains exactly what i needed, thanks so much. I used 4:1 on 480 food and it took around 16 seconds. i have some skills hidden on my ui so i need to open them back up for my crafters since im using Solver now. i wouldnt have done that if you didnt just explain the process so that helped me a bunch. might jump my calcualtion time but im okay with that since she only has to calculates one time and will use the same calculation on the next attempts until stopped.

appreciate it. thanks

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by tcarroll89 tcarroll89.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Miqo team once explained that theres no reason to wait longer than 20 seconds. If you select additional settings above that you increase the HQ output by 1-2% or so.

Vesperbay87
    Participant

Hello, I very much apologize for my noob question, but is there a step by step resource on how to set up the solver for expert crafts? I’ve been trying to find one, but no luck. First time using a tool like this. Sorry in advance.

phantom330
    Participant

Hello, I very much apologize for my noob question, but is there a step by step resource on how to set up the solver for expert crafts? I’ve been trying to find one, but no luck. First time using a tool like this. Sorry in advance.

1) Open Miqo
    2) Copy these settings https://gyazo.com/40cc867596424fdc8dafac49c498dd70 (checked solver, 4:1, manip, inno)
    3) Make sure you have every skill on your hotbar and Miqo can access it through some sort of keybind
    4) Set your craft amount to whatever you want (I recommend 7 or 8 if you’re using Syrup which you should be)
    5) Press start, wait a minute or so for miqo to calculate, then go afk for 15 mins

Alternatively, do what I did and create a scenario that eats food/syrup buff, crafts 7 items (syrup falls off right around this time, 15m left on food), refreshes syrup buff, crafts 7 more items, and then repeats from the beginning as by now both syrup and food have fallen off.

I was able to run that scenario for about 5 hours straight until my inventory filled

andrea
    Participant

miqo just crashes for me when i use your settings 😀

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Crashes or freezes? Those are not the same things.

andrea
    Participant

Not Repsonding and have to close it myself.

After more testing with it, seems i did not give it enough time. After pressing Start > Not repsonding for a bit > and then starts to work again after a bit.
    Using a ryzen gen1 8core

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This behavior is completely normal and expected. Miqobot will freeze for the amount of time displayed in the solver box.
    Please refer to our basic guide on Crafting Solver to understand how it works: Help – Crafting

LutBot
    LutBot
    Participant

Not Repsonding and have to close it myself.

After more testing with it, seems i did not give it enough time. After pressing Start > Not repsonding for a bit > and then starts to work again after a bit.
    Using a ryzen gen1 8core

Well yes, that’s normal behavior.. before you press start, notice the expected calculations time on miqo, it should tell you on average how long it will be before your synt will start. The “freezing/crashing” you’re experiencing is the time miqo takes to solve the synth, usually not longer than a minute or two, tho it can increase and occasionally actually freeze if you tick too many options (see: waste not).

Krude
    Participant

It might be prudent to add another log message whenever miqo needs to initiate the solver – something like “I need to solve this craft first – it will take approximately [whatever the projected time is] seconds!”.

As it is, the window just freezes with the last message being “Hitting Confirm button” and i can sorta see how that would be weird for new users.

SirVG
    SirVG
    Participant

The good news about that “hang” is that as long as you’re starting with the exact same stats and not starting a craft at any point with solver not having food/medicine buff, the solver doesn’t need to recalc things and goes right into crafting (until you close Miqobot, as it only remembers for that session).

Zzoomers
    Zzoomers
    Participant
    1+

I do not have the expert solver on my miqo and I have the updated version. How do I get that?

1) Open Miqo
    2) Copy these settings https://gyazo.com/40cc867596424fdc8dafac49c498dd70 (checked solver, 4:1, manip, inno)
    3) Make sure you have every skill on your hotbar and Miqo can access it through some sort of keybind
    4) Set your craft amount to whatever you want (I recommend 7 or 8 if you’re using Syrup which you should be)
    5) Press start, wait a minute or so for miqo to calculate, then go afk for 15 mins

Scientia
    Participant

EDIT: Forgot to quote.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by  Scientia.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.