Crafting [Scenario Generator]

Forum Forums Grids and Presets Crafting [Scenario Generator]

This topic contains 216 replies, has 69 voices, and was last updated by Lyfox Lyfox 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 217 total)
  • Author

VulcanVuBui
    Participant

ya I stuck up right there, idk what to do next

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Oh i get it, you have no input line. Somethings different in firefox i havent opened it for a long time.
    Try Ctrl-Shift-K instead. It should bring up a different tool with the working input line.

OR you can do this: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1177113
    Then you will see the input line in Ctrl-Shift-J window too.

VulcanVuBui
    Participant

thanaks, the Ctrl+Shift+K working, now which I should copy into the console.

Arc
    Arc

Hmmm… I’ve got a little issue. Maybe someone knows the solution.

I’m playing the game in German and I also got the whole scenario working besides one thing:
    At one point the scenario it should craft worsted yarn, which is called Kammgarn in German.
    The problem now is, that when Miqo wants to search for “Kammgarn” it finds 2 items: Kammgarn and Kammgarnteppich (combed wool rug) and the problem is, that this rug is the first item in the search results list while the yarn is the second one and Miqo refuses to craft the yarn because it wants to craft the first item it finds in the list instead of looking for a specific recipe name.

EDIT: Seems like this problem happens with several items. For example when it should search for Gazelleskin the first item in the search list that appears is not Gazelleskin, but the Molybdenum Armguards of Maiming because in the German version they’re called Gazelleskin Armguards of Maiming (translated), which is an armorer recipe and appears above the leatherworker stuff.

EDIT 2: Oh, I just saw that Carl Arbogast already wrote the solution for this problem a page ago. Thanks Carl 🙂

Anyone got an idea for a workaround?

• This reply was modified 6 years, 3 months ago by Arc Arc.
    Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yea sorry i havent managed to get my hands on French/German datamining yet. So atm it replaces English duplicates only. Ill keep looking though.

ExarchCoercer
    Participant
    1+

Lyfox would it be possible to do something similar with https://ffxivteamcraft.com? It seems like this site has many more features and is updated more often compared to ffxivcrafting.

sd2956
    Participant
    2+

I absolutely love this. The only small annoyance is having to open up the console to paste the script every time.
    Who would be interested in a chrome extension to have the scenario code ready in one click?
    And Lyfox, would you be OK with me using your script in the extension?

ExarchCoercer
    Participant

Theoretically with this new site we would now have access to data such as time in game as well as time when unspoiled nodes will spawn. It may seem a bit ambitious at this point but maybe just maybe down the line we can expand this generator to also include gathering aspects as well.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    1+

@exarchcoercer: Sorry that website is coded in completely different way. I dont see any crafting data in their HTML so i cant parse it. If you can give me a hint how they do it ill try put something together. I can see a level hint pop up when you hover mouse on job icon but i cant figure out where it comes from. Also i dont understand how they link dependent recipes together. On a side note is there a way to change their color scheme? Those stripes are so hard to look at.

@samderby: Theres a Tampermonkey button on page 2 by xivgAnon. I think it does exactly what you need. Keep in mind though that im planning to update this thread with new recipe duplicates and probably French/German versions so you might want to stop by later to grab the updated script.

I turned this into a button that automatically copy the results to your clipboard, bypass the “ctr-c” part.

Here it is for installing (need Greasymonkey/Tampermonkey): https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/31546-crafting-list-to-miqo-scenario

Runestone
    Runestone
    Participant

With what seems to be the death of Crafting as a Service, since they haven’t updated since 4.1… any chance something like this could be applied to https://ffxivteamcraft.com?

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

I thought i answered this in my previous post? Id gladly parse teamcraft if you could give me a hint how they store crafting data.

EDIT: Let me explain better. Lets say you want to craft Silvergrace Codex. You load a recipe on teamcraft and it says this:

Pre crafts
    Silvergrace Ingot x2
    Nightsteel Ingot
    High Steel Nugget
    High Steel Ingot

See? High Steel must be crafted first because its a prerequisite for Nightsteel. For some reason this website puts recipes in random order which makes zero sense. So i need to know recipe dependencies to fix this or scenario will fail.
    Ffxivcrafting.com keeps this information naturally in HTML so i can easily grab it. Teamcraft has no data anywhere. If you could show me where their crafting data is ill adapt my script to teamcraft in no time.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Lyfox Lyfox.
    Runestone
    Runestone
    Participant

Oh man, thats my bad… it was 4:30 in the morning and I didn’t even attempt to look to see if anyone else had asked or talked about it.

sd2956
    Participant

Lyfox, how about Garlond tools? I’ve had a look at the HTML and it might be doable. From what I’ve seen, the pre-req crafts are a sensible order. I might be able to do it myself tomorrow, too tired tonight to put too much effort into it.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

Yea Garland tools looks good. I wonder why i didnt notice its crafting lists before. The layout is very nice and shows the same amount of info as teamcraft without any popups. Thanks for the idea! I might be able to whip something up.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant

EDIT: Woops double posted sorry.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 11 months ago by Lyfox Lyfox.
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 217 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.