Crafting efficiency vs real time efficiency

Forum Forums Discussion Crafting efficiency vs real time efficiency

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  he_le 6 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

he_le
    Participant

The crafting solver tends to favor actions such as hasty touch/flawless synthesis(buffed with maker’s mark) as these give progress/quality gains at no cost. While I can see how from a simulation perspective this makes sense, it also leads the crafting solver to use 40+ steps on basic items such as 40 durability ingots. This means that it takes 2-3 minutes to craft one item and is a overall loss in gil/min

Is there any way to avoid this besides taking the relevant skills off your actionbar? I’m not sure what algorithm you use for the AI simulation, but if it is anything like a genetic algorithm/function optimization, is there any plans to allow advanced users to specify weights?

neoseeker
    Participant

Leave them out of your available skills I think.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

The algorithm we use is called State Space Search with Probabilistic Transition Matrices.

The weights are dictated by actions themselves, and they are hardcoded under several layers of AI. Extracting them into advanced settings would break low level optimizations, increase cache miss rate, and result in computation time burst up to several days for a single synthesis.

However we can adjust weights on development side, and for each new version of Miqobot we release a better version of AI.

The problem is that the current version of Miqobot still uses Heavensward AI for crafting which is not suited for Stormblood recipes. Crafting Solver will behave differently in Stormblood Upgrade Stage 2.
    We would kindly ask you to wait until the next version, and then let us know whether Maker’s Mark behaviour still needs to be adjusted.

f43ak
    Participant

Unless i’m mistaken Miqo checks available skills before inputting them in the algorithm to solve, simple thing to do would be to add in a check to confirm if you to use the found abilities before solving. Check or uncheck to exclude.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, a simple toggle on / off for each skill is planned to be added in Advanced Settings.
    However this is exactly the same as taking unwanted abilities off your hotbar.

The original question is about adjusting weights of the algorithm, which would allow Miqobot to identify whether a certain skill should or should not be used automatically. This feature is technically not possible outside of the source code.

he_le
    Participant

Thanks for sharing, very interesting you use state space search. Guess I will wait for upgrade stage 2 and take actions off my bars in the meantime

As an aside, apologies if this is asking too much information about your design, but what is the reasoning behind using state space search compared to tree search or GP for optimizing the rotation? My prior experience with similar game problem has involved tree search(MCTS for ex) and am surprised to find state space search being used here. Is this due to memory savings of state space search?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    3+

Crafting Solver does not use any rotations.
    It calculates the required crafting ability on the fly by analyzing all possible outcomes of every possible decision. We use about 20 different methods for research, analysis, and space clusterization, and Monte Carlo tree search is of course one of them.

While we can provide more details of this process, the amount of information would probably fit a PhD thesis and would not be very useful to the commumnity. All practical results of our research are being shared in the Upgrade Stage 2 thread.

Thank you for your interest very much!

he_le
    Participant

Nice, I only just saw the upgrade stage thread, quite a good read. Understandable why you probably won’t publish the details since few people would make use out it. However if you do, I’d be first person to read it. Starting my masters in AI, this kind of stuff is right up my alley

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.