Combat

Forum Forums Discussion Combat

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 4 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Galen Starfire
    Participant

Will the combat work in the dungeons if you are the tank or will there be to many deaths?

SefirosuKuraudo
    Participant
    1+

Tanking is just fine with Miqo. Obviously if you have some experience tanking it helps, but tanking isn’t really hard at all once you get over the initial intimidation (if that’s even a factor for you.) As a matter of fact Miqo plays the tanking jobs better than most duty finder tanks do, myself included before I started using her. If you’re paying attention to your enmity and making sure you don’t have any stragglers running off attacking other party members (which is pretty difficult considering the enmity/tank stance changes with Shadowbringers) then you won’t have any issues. If one does run off, just target it and Miqo will Provoke it in an instant.

Things to bear in mind: only combat up to Lv.70 is currently supported, so if you’re running 71+ dungeons you will have to pay attention to the rotation and jump in when needed. But 70 and below is flawless and you won’t run into any issues.
    Warrior requires some babysitting above 70 at the moment due to the traits it earns and how Fell Cleave/Infuriate function. Honestly I just prefer to play WAR manually until Miqo is updated to recognize the new traits/skills.
    Paladin needs your input in AoE pulls in order to use Requiescat/Holy Circle spam, but you can macro Atonement into Fast Blade to make its single target rotation flow just fine. If you’re at Lv.80 then once a minute just make sure you manually press Confiteor after 4 Holy Spirits. Easy peasy.
    Dark Knight plays as though it’s complete, the only thing you really have to do is pop Living Shadow every 2 minutes, and use The Blackest Night for tank busters or mob pulls. Keep TBN on CD during mob pulls since the incoming damage will ALWAYS pop it, and that’s not only great mitigation but a free nuke to blast the enemies with.
    Gunbreaker is also more or less complete, you just have to pop off Bloodfest every 90 seconds, but you have to make sure to expend any charges Miqo is holding onto before you put it on CD, and be sure not to use it at a point in the 1-2-3 rotation when she would otherwise gain another charge. You don’t want to overcap or lose out on a powder charge since that’s a minimum of 500 potency lost.

Also keep in mind that because Miqo doesn’t have any kind of damage prediction at the moment, AoE mitigation will have to be used by yourself. Miqo also won’t use skills like Intervention, TBN on other party members, etc. She will rotate through her personal damage mitigating skills, which is really all you need to worry about in most dungeon runs so it works just fine. Happy tanking! ^^

Galen Starfire
    Participant

I guess my question was more for, does it work well with squads? I was going to use it to level one of my alt tanks through Sohm Al with my squad

andy_asteroids
    andy_asteroids
    Participant

Yeah, squadrons will be fine with any class, don’t worry about it

adderalxr
    Participant

Also curious if we’ll ever get another dungeon seeing as 80 is now cap.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Yes, Trust Dungeons support is in development.
    For future updates, please refer to the main status thread: Shadowbringers – Miqobot Status

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Combat’ is closed to new replies.