Chat during maintenance

Forum Forums Discussion Chat during maintenance

This topic contains 18 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by Arc Arc 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

Whitesox
    Participant

I feel really stupid for using Bot and not knowing how to make money from it … Everything I farm as a botanist or miner seems to be worthless in MB. I already looked for ingredients for the top tier cooking and alchemy recypes … minerals .. I really donโ€™t know ๐Ÿ™

pussyfoot
    Participant
    4+

The bot itself won’t make you money if you don’t know how to make money without the bot. All the bot does is automate simple, repetitive tasks. If you want to make money you have to study the market, look at simple combines, materials, items. Find what’s moving, what’s not. Then don’t flood the market. Over-saturating will just drive the price down.

Don’t just look at logs, look at lumber. It really is a hit-or-miss gamble too. Precisely because everyone else is out there trying to make Gil as well.

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant
    2+

Heh, don’t worry you’re not the only one not making money while using the bot. I’ve made a bit, but not a bunch. xD

Though as pussyfoot says you do need to pay some attention to the market on your server in general. I made a decent amount of gil during the last phase of Ishgard Restoration just selling the stuff I was gathering in the diadem to the people doing the crafting. I didn’t even make Saint title (got close, 14th rank lol! Such a tease) but I made quite a few mil then.

Right after patches with brand new stuff you should also do pretty well. Craft the brand new housing furniture/walls, for example. Prices will crash pretty fast but if you can sell it right away you’ll do ok. I know people who have made like 30-50m on patch release day doing that method. Or go farm a newer dungeon and sell the mount/glamour gear that you get.

Send your retainers out on ventures every hour and sell stuff they bring back is another method I’ve heard of. Sadly none of my retainers are high enough lvl to bring anything worthwhile back yet, but I’m slowly working on it haha.

There’s more to sell than just materials you gather. Though that is the easiest thing to do, it probably won’t net you as much gil in the end because others do it too since it’s the easier method.

pussyfoot
    Participant
    1+

Remember this though: quick ventures bring back the same stuff for a level 10 retainer with no gear as they do for a level 80 with max gear.

Tear Best Grill
    Participant

If you don’t have a need for leve allowances, you can spam the coffee biscuit leve in the crystarium. 100 turn-ins will net you around 1.8M. Everything to craft them are easily gatherable with Miqo.

darkpokemon
    Participant

How long does that usually take???

TrapZi
    Participant

this is going to sound dumb, and probably better to go to the actual ffxiv forums but, what is the fastest way to level crafters and gatherers? i want to get them leveled so i can actually use miqo with them

miyacore
    miyacore
    Participant
    1+

If you donโ€™t have a need for leve allowances, you can spam the coffee biscuit leve in the crystarium. 100 turn-ins will net you around 1.8M. Everything to craft them are easily gatherable with Miqo.

this is my main gil source because i’m too lazy to do the marketboard mini game ๐Ÿ˜€

this is going to sound dumb, and probably better to go to the actual ffxiv forums but, what is the fastest way to level crafters and gatherers? i want to get them leveled so i can actually use miqo with them

get your crafters to level 20 and just grind the firmament turn ins. buy the mats from marketboard (theyre quite cheap), but if youre broke you might need to gather them yourself in diadem (you can also use miqo for that)

Zenith
    Participant

I’ve been leveling most of my crafting just using miqo to multicraft a ton of the same thing that stacks. IE, ingots, leather, lumber. Then sending it out to gather more materials and repeat for the next tier of stackables. Probably not nearly as efficient as using leves or crafting armor and such to level but it works just fine for me. You also don’t need to be maxed out on crafting for miqo to do a damned good job at making things.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  Zenith.

TrapZi
    Participant

thank you so much miyacore!

miyacore
    miyacore
    Participant
    1+

thank you so much miyacore!

np!
    i forgot to add that you still need to upgrade your crafter gears at least every 10 levels. this is important to get better collectability. ause crafter food (cheap ones should be fine, or at least use the one suitable for your current level) if you can.
    also dont make it too obvious that youre using miqo, because i think lots of people running around in firmament now for the new content. craft maybe 10 items, then do random stuffs or just run around, then craft again.

congqq2222
    Participant

I’m sure miqo won’t destroy your combat skill.

I’m doing e11s without combat assist which I always use, now.

It looks I only have 100 dps less manually combat.

btw, 16 minutes till est update time.

miyacore
    miyacore
    Participant
    1+

been using miqo mainly to craft stuffs and just found out how to use combat assist about a month ago. its a blessing for me because after 5 years playing this game i developed carpal tunnel on my right hand and it was starting to hurt like hell lately. combat assist really helped me to do stuffs without straining my hands too much, at least until my right hand gets better

edgedy
    Participant
    2+

Farm aethersand reduction or fishing for $$$

Patto1992
    Participant
    1+

Also, If you’ve been power leveling all your crafters through the firmament, Make sure to go back after and do your class quests to get manipulation ( about level 65 ) on the ones you care about ๐Ÿ™‚

I didn’t really know about this until after I levelled them all haha.

It really does help with higher-level crafts.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.