Catnip Error

Forum Forums Discussion Catnip Error

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

perpetualrei
    Participant

So Ive been using Miqo for a few months and never had any issues and now out of nowhere this morning I keep getting

(9:40:30 AM) Hello! I am your Miqobot!
    (9:40:30 AM) Connecting to catnip server…
    (9:40:30 AM) Emergency! Couldn’t recognize catnip format!
    (9:40:30 AM) Server connected! Do you have any catnip license?
    (9:40:40 AM) I found the game! Let’s play together! :3
    (9:40:43 AM) Searching for catnip with your license code…
    (9:40:43 AM) Emergency! Couldn’t recognize catnip format!
    (9:40:43 AM) Sorry, this is not a catnip license. Try again! 😉

Not sure why its not working all of a sudden, catnip license is current.

soviras
    soviras
    Participant

Same issue as here, so probably answer there also applies here.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

This message indicates that something is blocking your Miqobot application from connecting to our license server.
    There may be many different reasons why it happens and each of them usually requires a unique solution.

If you require technical assistance, please contact our Tech Support directly and we will do our best to help you:
    https://miqobot.com/#support

pussyfoot
    Participant

Mine worked fine two days ago. Now it’s telling me the same error above. I’m curious why multiple people all of a sudden have the same problem?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

It appears that several providers have decided to blacklist our License Server for some reason. It means that when your Miqobot application attempts to connect to the License Server, your ISP corrupts the communication channel and sends invalid data instead of a normal response.
    In all user reports we received so far, the problem was caused by the ISP and it was resolved after switching to a VPN that allows bypassing the provider block. We have confirmed that users of the following ISPs are affected:

• Comcast (Xfinity)
    • Cox
    • Charter

It is unknown what was the original reason behind their decision.
    Since we do not have access to these ISP networks, we can not investigate this issue properly. The only data we can collect is what our users send in reports. But so far, we haven’t received any information that would allow us to pinpoint to the exact source.

We have already contacted our hosting provider and several other parties responsible in order to arrange the whitelisting of our IP address.
    However, it may take some time before this information propagates through your ISP database.

In the meantime, if you are affected by this problem and can not bypass it on your own, please contact our Tech Support for additional assistance: https://miqobot.com/#support

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.