Can't target certain Mining Node.

Forum Forums Discussion Can't target certain Mining Node.

This topic contains 10 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  ryann 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

ryann
    Participant

So far this is the only node i’ve seen Miqo have trouble with.

I see a shiny node at (-569.864319, -170.215195, 15.974350).

The Lochs > The High Bank

When mining Molybdenum ore.

She walks to the node, i see the camera pan all around looking for it, and she spams.
    Ummm. I don’t see any sparkles here 🙁

This didn’t happen before the update, so i’m not sure why this one node is causing an issue, but You have to baby sit this area because she will just stand there until you do.

Sorry if this is a wrong location, I don’t see a bug post location.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Please contact our Tech Support directly: https://miqobot.com/#support

riley
    riley
    Participant

I have seen this happen when the grid point is place exactly on the node or when miqo lands at a node from a weird angle. See if adjusting the grid a bit helps.

smaller
    Participant

it happen to me as well thats a ingame bug it has nothing with bot to do :d all controller players cannot target this node until SE hopefully fix it

you need report this in SE forums as bug since you cannot autotarget it with a controller

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  smaller.

Zatsh
    Participant

I’m starting to have the same problem myself

[EDIT] I can confirm it’s the same node as stated above (molybdenum ore), and that it simply cannot be targetted without a mouseclick

So if, like me, it was while using the aethersands scenario, i think we better put a wait timer instead of the startGathering(2) on that pair of nodes for now until it gets fixed. Gonna test this now

• This reply was modified 6 years, 6 months ago by  Zatsh.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

We have investigated this issue closely, and we would like to inform you that Miqobot already has a built-in solution for cases like this: Gathering Nodes Blacklist.

It triggers automatically after 3 unsuccessful attempts to target a problematic node.
    The only downside is that compass sense becomes unavailable, because Lay of the Land will keep pointing to the same node.

All you have to do is add beacons to your grid, which will allow Miqobot to continue gathering without Lay of the Land. Additionally, you may instruct Miqobot to ignore this node by disconnecting it from waypoints altogether. This is achieved by setting a lower value for “max branch distance”.

Here is an example of grid that fixes this issue.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

dragonmanX
    Participant

this might sound silly, but I was having this same problem yesterday, and just now found that the key bind for “target nearest NPC or object” was unassigned, when it should be NUM0
    and NUM0 is assigned to something else now, although still works as target npc when i press it manually =p
    but any way, assigning “target nearest NPC or object” with a key has fixed the issue for me, just thought I’d share

smaller
    Participant

this special node cannot be target by controller player and it also cannot be target by NUM0 the only way around atm is just change few grind points to beacon like Miqobot recommand is the same way how i fix it.

Zatsh
    Participant
    1+

Today’s update seems to have fixed this issue.

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

I confirm as well that this node is now working again with the targeting key with 4.11.

They also mentioned it in Resolved Issues:

An issue wherein certain miner gathering points could not be targeted when using a gamepad.

ryann
    Participant

Edit: Nvm… i’m dumb.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by  ryann.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.