Botting All Day safe or nah

Forum Forums Discussion Botting All Day safe or nah

This topic contains 17 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Xion 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

decuvieri
    Participant

After tons of research I’m confident that non-hacking bans always start with player reports. It seems SE’s accepted the fact that botting is 100% inevitable and the resources spent policing players are better invested elsewhere. IMO, it’s a very sensible approach as shown by Valorant’s highly invasive, cutting-edge Vanguard anti-cheat systems being cracked by hackers within 48 hours. The rumors about there being “automated detections” of people crafting too long in player housing or inn rooms? If you’re putting up THOUSANDS of the same raid consumable on the MB every day, well, you’re not exactly being subtle. Everything you craft has your character’s name on it, and if a buyer (or your competition) thinks your output is suspicious then they just send in a report and a GM investigates. No automated systems required.

I’m aware of three bots on my server that have been running an endgame mat gathering route non-stop for six weeks, probably longer. Anyone could see after a couple of hours that there’s no human at the wheel, but why are they still operational? Because nobody has reported them. I saw a guy kneel in front of a collectible turn-in today. Looooong pause before the craft started, so I know he was using a bot’s ai solver. Anyone with that knowledge of bots could have easily sent in a report on him.

Tl;dr If you’re botting on your main and not a decoy account, don’t be stupid about it. Don’t leave miqo totally unattended. Switch up your activities. Craft out of sight. Don’t make the Gold Saucer your new permanent residence. Log out when you sleep. Make sure system sounds play even when the game is minimized so you can catch tells. Let people on your friends list/fc know you’re “watching Netflix” or “tabbed out”. DC hop and craft in an inn room there so your flist can’t see you online/know what you’re doing. All common sense stuff.

Zankul
    Zankul
    Participant

I never understood why people have not-real life friends on their friends list. This is especially true if you plan to bot. Luckily the only person on my friends list is a real life friend, and he knows I bot in other games. So no issues for me.

To respond to the original post. I have farmed MGP every day during the last time they had a bonus MGP. Would literally start it before going to bed every night. I would use a random number generator 69-99. And whatever number it spat out, I would farm whatever race that many times. Unless it popped out a number ending in 0 in which case I ran it again. second 0 I just do it. I feel non 0 numbers are more realistic to a real person. No one does anything 100 times. They do it till they are tired which is more likely 99 times or 94. or 106. or if you really tried doing 100 for some reason, you simply lost count and did 101.

I have since adjusted it to where I basically farm whatever material for an hour or so and go do 10-20 races then go back to farming. I farm 8 hours a day, and so will have it go to gold saucer and do some random number between 11 and 25 every time i switch which material i am farming. Just have him teleport somewhere for racing and not just que where you stand next to a ore spawn point.

Xion
    Participant

For MGP, I would never do more than a couple hours to be on the safer side.

Running Squadrons/Trusts, you can more or less run it all day (maybe 24/7) if you’re doing it in a safe way, for example going to a different world using world visist/DC visit (that way your FC can’t see what you’re up to, other than being online I guess), place your digital butt in the squadron room (that way other players can’t see you).

Wherever SE has any monitoring scripts in their backend to catch stuff like this, I can’t say.

I never understood why people have not-real life friends on their friends list.

None of my IRL friends plays this game?

• This reply was modified 1 year, 9 months ago by  Xion.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.