Botting All Day safe or nah

Forum Forums Discussion Botting All Day safe or nah

This topic contains 17 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  Xion 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

MandyBoot
    Participant

I’ve been considering letting my character farm MGP while I’m at my job for 7 hours.

Do you think because they removed the AFK system that people will be less suspicious or do you think folks are still on the lookout for botters especially since this is a special MGP event?

ps34pc
    Participant
    1+

I dont do anything out in the open unless I am there watching it. I will do trusts/squads at night while I am sleeping but that’s the only unattended I would do since cant be reported. Otherwise I bought pretty much all the time since I work from home

Vixen
    Vixen
    Participant
    3+

Never bot unattended unless you’re willing to risk losing your account, especially if you’re in a public area.

edgedy
    Participant

The safest method is to have a bot which is interacting with multiple venues, and also afking periodically by leaving the saucer.

There may be a scenario on the forums that I vaguely recall seeing, but essentially it goes to chocobo, mine, botany, and then breaks.

That said though 24/7 is dangerous. 8 hours is still dangerous but less so.

quetz
    Participant

Half-Yes and no. Half-Yes, if you are doing private things (private room crafting, solo dungeons/squadrons) I have left miqo running overnight with a total logged in time of 20-30 hours sometimes (rarely, often I just forget how long I’ve been logged in for).

No, if you are out and about or have any other players with you at all, like gathering in the open world, or Chocobo Races

Keep in mind however that botting at all is bannable as it is a third party program interacting with the game. Even Dalamud is technically bannable, but Square doesn’t enforce it heavily with cheat identifiers and relies mainly on user reports, and so it’s safe to a degree.

Think of it like speeding on an open road. If there are no cameras or cops around, you can technically go as fast as you want. However the moment you get caught, camera or cop, you’re done for.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by  quetz.
    Razzieel
    Razzieel
    Participant
    2+

in the last Gold Saucer Event i left my bot farming all night every night for about 2 weeks straight without any issues, it was literally just me and a few other “obvious” bots in there and they literally stood in the same place for 8 hrs lol, but mine looked the most “Human” as i made my own little grid for it to follow and made it TP out after every cycle AFK for 5 mins then TP back and repeat. I easily made over 3 mil MGP in total while sleeping. just Turn off sprinting as that’s a dead giveaway.

As for doing it through the day, I would only do that if I could have my laptop with me to keep an eye on it because there are some people that actively seek out botters which makes Day time AFK MGP farming more risky.

The only thing I leave running while AFK through the day is the Trust Levelling scenario ( with a few tweaks of my own) as its fully automated and you are only ever in the “Public eye” when repairing or Desynth-ing your stuff.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Razzieel Razzieel.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Razzieel Razzieel.
    Kouhei
    Kouhei
    Participant

I’ve been doing it off and on I actually sleep during the day and work at night, so I let my go for several hour a day I just have it move to a diffrent game every 10 minutes and turned off sprint only 1 person seemed to recognize and that was my girlfriend and only because she knew I was asleep. There are some obvious bots though ones that never ever move.
    I may have a ban coming or not, I dunno.

In a year of using I have only been recognized twice and neither knew I was botting I had a old guild member ask what in Thanalan at one point because he’s a stalker when I was farming crystals.

• This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Kouhei Kouhei.
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 10 months ago by Kouhei Kouhei.

Radbean
    Participant
    2+

create the senario like human

1.play the mini game for 15 min
    2.move to random grid and play again for 15 min
    3.chocobo racing
    4.sit and take a rest for 5 min

DarknessVisible
    Participant
    3+

As long as you don’t do it in public, you’re fine.

Personally, I stay in my squadron barracks quite often when botting, even if it’s crafting. You can log in and out of your barracks without anyone else spotting you.

It’s really important to stay out of sight as Square mostly relies on reports and even botting combat via squadrons/trusts is pretty easy to tell if a GM takes a close enough look at your account. There’s no anti-cheating systems but a close look at someone who’s been spamming dungeons that Miqobot can pilot through would definitely make it somewhat obvious. This is also why reporting other people isn’t worth your time either, since that draws attention to your account.

Also, I don’t know if they’d notice this but if you’re a PC controller user, I suspect that if they looked closely enough they might also be able to notice you switching to KBM before running your routine. Obviously it’s not enough to immediately say that you are botting but it’s definitely suspicious and it’s all the more reason to try to stay out of sight.

Lukaribro
    Participant

@darknessvisible

I’m always on controller mode, because I like how the keyboard hotkeys and everything work compared to kvm mode, and I alternate between kbm only (running Miqo 20ish hours a day per year in the privacy of my own home, no stupid busy status that is pretty much an “I’m botting, report me” flag to other players. My real account has been going strong for 5-6 years like this, with Miqo for a little over 2 of that. I crafted/marketed so hard that I had reports pouring in, but nothing ever came from it. However an alt account on another computer, another account, doing the same in an empty apartment, barely lasted a year before getting banned (lots of rmt to justify it and a few other mistakes I made). I doubt people are really bothering to report accounts MGP farming since so little usually comes out of reports and it’s the automated systems you need to be wary of. Nobody knows what they are, as going based on previous admission from FFXI, they’d be looking for things like total MGP earned per day or total games played per time period, etc.

ps34pc
    Participant

so they dont actually have anti-cheating systems?

MrAlice
    MrAlice
    Participant

They do, but its mostly aimed at actual hacking, like teleporting and speed hacks. Miqo doesnt do any of that, it just enters key inputs.
    Of course it can be reported when obvious, but they can’t detect Miqo key inputs separate from human key inputs. Theres ALWAYS a risk though.

Very few things in the game are auto-moderated by Square Enix, like your character’s position (which is why teleporting hacks get pretty much instantly detected and users of those autobanned in a short amount of time). Housing areas are allegedly also one of those things that have auto-moderation to catch people non-stop crafting the same thing 24/7 in their closed house too.

I would never leave it running for long if I’m not actually at my computer to interfere and stop the bot once in a while to do obviously human tasks every so often. I forgot it was running and had it farming gold saucer for like 12 hours last month and haven’t gotten a warning from it (yet).

DarknessVisible
    Participant
    2+

@darknessvisible

I’m always on controller mode, because I like how the keyboard hotkeys and everything work compared to kvm mode, and I alternate between kbm only (running Miqo 20ish hours a day per year in the privacy of my own home, no stupid busy status that is pretty much an “I’m botting, report me” flag to other players. My real account has been going strong for 5-6 years like this, with Miqo for a little over 2 of that. I crafted/marketed so hard that I had reports pouring in, but nothing ever came from it. However an alt account on another computer, another account, doing the same in an empty apartment, barely lasted a year before getting banned (lots of rmt to justify it and a few other mistakes I made). I doubt people are really bothering to report accounts MGP farming since so little usually comes out of reports and it’s the automated systems you need to be wary of. Nobody knows what they are, as going based on previous admission from FFXI, they’d be looking for things like total MGP earned per day or total games played per time period, etc.

You could be the exception, rather than the rule. I’ve botted on other games where there are heavy detection systems in place and there’s always been a handful of those people who bot relentlessly without precautions in the most obvious of ways that almost never get banned.

I’d definitely prefer to play it safe though. I don’t think I’m one of those people and I don’t like taking my chances.

Ray
    Participant
    1+

They do not have client side detections… As in they have no clue what you have on your computer.

They do have server side detections, such as being able to tell if you teleport.

Pandareverb
    Participant

You can absolutely bot all day, multiple days in a row, and not have any problems. People do it all the time. These automated systems people talk about, I feel like that’s not even accurate. There are people who visibly hack playing the game in weird ways that only rarely ever get banned. There’s one guy in Balmung who flies through the air and has a suit that constantly cycles colours through the rainbow. He plays the game, talks to people, does whatever he wants. Sometimes, he gets banned. But it’s definitely not automation catching him because he’ll go long, long periods of time without a problem doing things regular people cannot possibly do.

That being said, players reporting you are the main source of getting banned. Your friends list is your biggest enemy for getting banned, actually. Random players are likely to report you if they suspect you, often without remorse, but your friends can see where you are and what you’re doing at any point they are logged in. And while they might not notice anything weird going on right away, when they walk up to you and you’re crafting and not responding to them, that’s a little iffy. They might not even send tells. Just jump around you or spin circles or anything. Or they just notice you’re crafting absolutely nonstop, and you’re not even using macros to do it. They notice things are just kind of off… and they’re off a lot of the time. So they toss in a report eventually.

Why not, after all. Because if you’re not botting you won’t get banned. And there won’t be any retaliation since there’s no way to see where a report came from and the GMs say practically nothing that isn’t a copy and pasted script. Your ban reasoning is a mystery, how you got caught doing it is a mystery, and how long you were observed doing things is a mystery. But no one’s going to report you if they can’t see you. And unfortunately, your friends are always able to watch you in some way off the friend’s list.

So just be careful. Think about it from an outsider’s perspective. Fishing doesn’t look suspicious. Fishing in the same spot for 8 hours? Maybe, but eh, who cares. You know what’s kind of weird though? That same person goes fishing for 8 hours in the morning every day, and after that they do whatever else. It’s kind of weird that they talk in FC chat, except while they’re fishing. Sure, it’s annoying to talk while fishing, but to literally never do it? Huh. Kinda weird when I run past them that they never mention seeing me either when they always emote otherwise…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.