Bit Defender prevents download

Forum Forums Discussion Bit Defender prevents download

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by CountChocula001 CountChocula001 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JankyCat
    JankyCat
    Participant

Hi all,

I’m having issues with Bitdefender blocking my DL. I’ve added https://miqobot.com/download/ to the exceptions list
    but due to it labeling it as a trojan, it’s not allowing the file.

Anyone else use BD and know how to get around this?

Thanks,
    JK

CountChocula001
    CountChocula001
    Participant

I ran into this exact issue. I had to go into my on-prem Bit Defender app and whitelist miqo first.

Go-to:
    1.)Protection
    2.) Online Threat Protection > Settings > Manage Exceptions
    3.) Add Exception
    4.) Add in miqobot.com with online thread protection checked as an exception and save.

It will still give you a warning but it will allow you to “Keep” the download and proceed as usual.

My only issue is this is the first time I’m updating miqo and I lost all my scenarios and have no clue how to get them back. So find out how not to have that happen to you, like me.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

My only issue is this is the first time I’m updating miqo and I lost all my scenarios and have no clue how to get them back. So find out how not to have that happen to you, like me.

New versions of Miqobot are not supposed to delete presets.
    Please make sure to place the new executable in the same folder, next to where the following files are located:

– settings.miqo
    – presets.miqo

This way, Miqobot will be able to load everything from the previous version.

In case you have already deleted that folder, you can restore your presets from backups created by Miqobot after each save.
    Please visit our Help section for detailed information: General – Backups

CountChocula001
    CountChocula001
    Participant

Thanks for the info, it was definitely user error from being new. I’ll go read that section!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.