[Beta] Scenario Scripting Engine

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Scenario Scripting Engine

This topic contains 123 replies, has 52 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 124 total)
  • Author

ilovecats
    Participant

Is a function to equip recommended gear for the current class being considered?

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Yes, equipping recommended gear is planned as additional function in upcoming scenario upgrades.
    Thank you for your request!

KWM1003
    Participant
    2+

A percentage (%) or time meter while Miqobot is solving a craft would be nice instead of looking at Not Responding and not sure how long it will take lol

Carl Arbogast
    Carl Arbogast
    Participant

Miqobot tells you accurately before you start the craft how long the calculation will be, and how much RAM it will take. Handy to adjust settings to your likings before starting, and to know when it will be done.

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    2+

Yes, we are planning to redesign Crafting Solver behavior after we complete the core feature pack. In the meantime, please use Time and RAM predictions displayed in the Solver box.
    Thank you for your feedback!

anubismedia
    anubismedia
    Participant

So today I tried to run a simple script in Pyros; just a move to waypoint (0) so I dont have to keep walking back to the Bunny fate but when I try to run it I get this;

Going from 21 to 0 in 4 trips.
    (10:57:09 AM) Sorry, can’t move. It’s dark and creepy around me! I’d better hold my breath, so nobody would find me.
    (10:57:09 AM) Current zone: Unknown (ID 031B)
    (10:57:09 AM) 4 trips more..
    (10:57:09 AM) Sorry, can’t move. I had a blackout and I’m still hiding in the corner!
    (10:57:09 AM) 3 trips more..
    (10:57:09 AM) Sorry, can’t move. I had a blackout and I’m still hiding in the corner!
    (10:57:09 AM) 2 trips more..
    (10:57:09 AM) 1 trip more..
    (10:57:09 AM) Destination reached!
    (10:57:09 AM) Blackout while travelling… Good night! <3
    (10:57:09 AM) (NOTE) Blackout switch is triggered.
    (10:57:09 AM) (NOTE) Please save the message log for analysis and restart Miqobot.

Are we not able to run scripts in Pyros yet?

Ai
    Ai
    Keymaster
    1+

Are we not able to run scripts in Pyros yet?

Yes, unknown zone means that they haven’t added this location to the list of locations where miqobot can work. But they should add it in one of the upcoming updates^^

u9w30y
    u9w30y
    Participant

Is there anyway to get Miqobot to use more of my system resources to speed up the crafting algo?

I have a 7700k and 64 GB of ram. Miqo only ever uses 20% of my processor.

I also have a server i’m thinking about setting miqo up on which would be running dual e5-2880 with 300+ GB of RAM. If I could tax that thing to do some serious math, i’d love to.

Nott
    Participant

IIRC, all that extra time gets you is maybe 2-5% increase in HQ. Far easier and more effective to just bump your gear a bit if you want to max out.

I imagine the team just wanted to make sure the program didn’t stress the system much because for some, just running the game is pushing their system considerably… So, adding anything too taxing could crash it. That said, a check of system resources at launch could be beneficial for those who want to crunch more or crunch faster? It’s probably already planned though 🙂

u9w30y
    u9w30y
    Participant
    1+

On that same note, if I have an extra 40 threads of unused processing power – that 2-5% would be a huge advantage.

It should be a checkbox called “Make my PC hurt”

That’s my vote.

Marco
    Marco
    Participant

lol agreed

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    4+

Using additional threads would imply parallel processing, while Crafting Solver is a strictly sequential algorithm.
    Solver states are sorted in a strictly determined order, and each subsequent state depends on previous calculations. Parallel processing would only make things worse and slow the algorithm down 100-200 times.

We are very sorry to disappoint, but the Crafting Solver algorithm is already optimized as much as possible.
    Because of this optimization, its performance is equivalent to 100-200 threads of a parallel algorithm.

chadit
    chadit
    Participant

sorry if these have already been asked,

would it be possible to add a finally style block to scenarios. It could work similar to try/catch/finally, a step that is run no matter success/failure. What I would like to use it for, if a scenario finishes successfully and or the kill switch is triggered I could have a finally step that ports me to my house and allows me to AFK out in there instead of out in the open.

also are there plans to expand the functions, maybe allow for someone to create custom functions of their own. using my example above, allot of my scenarios end with going back to my house, would be nice to add that to a function and then in my step I would just do goHome().

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1+

Yes, we have plans to expand scenarios potential after we complete the core Combat system.
    Please note however that Scenario Engine is designed with simplicity being a priority, so it does not offer as much flexibility as a programming language. But we will try to implement features that offer a similar functionality to what you describe.

Thank you for your request!

Raritea
    Raritea
    Participant

Not sure if this has been addressed before but in the scenario scripting if you were to set it to afk till say 3:00et it will only work for 3am and not 3pm, I’m trying to set up to gather nodes that spawn every 12 in game hours but I can’t seem to figure out how?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 124 total)

The topic ‘[Beta] Scenario Scripting Engine’ is closed to new replies.