[Beta] Crafting Solver for 60****, Gathering Rotations, Desynthesis

Forum Forums Discussion [Beta] Crafting Solver for 60****, Gathering Rotations, Desynthesis

This topic contains 97 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by Miqobot Miqobot 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)
  • Author

billoute
    Participant

Hi, just to say it’s nice to see how far the crafting solver has come. It’s really an impressive piece of work and i can’t wait to put my hands on the next stable release.
    I’m trying this new beta now and still wait to see any serious issues.

Keep up the good work.

dc0ke
    dc0ke
    Participant

Ran into a crash while updating a gathering rotation. After hitting save, the game crashed (attached screenshot).

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

There they are 🙂
    I hope so.

Thank you for attaching your crafting logs 🙂

We have reproduced your crafting environment and analyzed the multidimensional solution map of the moment you were talking about.
    The reason why Miqobot hadn’t used Comfort Zone before Step 26 is because she was expecting a Good condition. If Miqobot would choose to pop Comfort Zone before Steady Hand II, this would result in the following finisher being the optimal route:

Step 25. Recommended skill: (Comfort Zone)
    Step 26. Recommended skill: (Steady Hand II)
    Step 27. Recommended skill: (Precise Touch)
    Step 28. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    Step 29. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    Step 30. Recommended skill: (Advanced Touch)
    Step 31. Recommended skill: (Steady Hand II)
    Step 32. Recommended skill: (Great Strides)
    Step 33. Recommended skill: (Byregot's Blessing)
    Step 34. Recommended skill: (Careful Synthesis II)

Since there are only 9 steps after Comfort Zone, it would not wear off in time and would result in wasted CP.
    However, as soon as there was a Normal condition after Steady Hand II, the following finisher became optimal:

Step 25. Recommended skill: (Steady Hand II)
    Step 26. Recommended skill: (Comfort Zone)
    Step 27. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    Step 28. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    Step 29. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    Step 30. Recommended skill: (Hasty Touch)
    Step 31. Recommended skill: (Master's Mend)
    Step 32. Recommended skill: (Innovation)
    Step 33. Recommended skill: (Steady Hand II)
    Step 34. Recommended skill: (Basic Touch)
    Step 35. Recommended skill: (Innovative Touch)
    Step 36. Recommended skill: (Innovative Touch)
    Step 37. Recommended skill: (Great Strides)
    Step 38. Recommended skill: (Steady Hand II)
    Step 39. Recommended skill: (Byregot's Blessing)
    Step 40. Recommended skill: (Careful Synthesis II)

In this case, there are 14 steps after Comfort Zone, so no CP would go to waste.

Also, according to your logs, this was a rather unfortunate combination of RNG events. Out of 6 non-100% Touch steps, 2 failed, and in addition there was a failed Piece by Piece in the beginning.
    This may not be too catastrophic when creating intermediate materials, but when crafting the final piece of equipment we recommend enabling both of these options:

• BB only 100%
    • PbP only 100%
    Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Hi, just to say it’s nice to see how far the crafting solver has come. It’s really an impressive piece of work and i can’t wait to put my hands on the next stable release.
    I’m trying this new beta now and still wait to see any serious issues.

Keep up the good work.

Thank you for your kind feedback very much!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Ran into a crash while updating a gathering rotation. After hitting save, the game crashed (attached screenshot).

Thank you for reporting!

We couldn’t reproduce this crash in our labs.
    Would you please give us more information about it?

1. Do you encounter this issue regularly with a new Beta version? Or did it happen only once?
    2. What exactly were you doing in the game when a crash occured?
    3. Was Miqobot running at that moment, i.e. did you attempt to modify rotation on the fly?
    4. Can you reproduce this issue by repeating the same actions?
    5. Was there any information lost in Miqobot? Or was it only the game that was affected?
    6. When you restarted the game, did it run as usual or were there any other problems accompanying the crash?

Thank you very much!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

There is one bonus feature available in Beta version that we haven’t mentioned yet – Favors.
    The first post has been updated 🙂

Favor items are added to the Index of Gathering Grids.

Also, we have prepared two navigation grids with Concealed nodes support, so you can try this feature right away.
    Red Ooids and Wyvern’s Warts are exchanged for Purified Coke.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    dc0ke
    dc0ke
    Participant

Thank you for reporting!

We couldn’t reproduce this crash in our labs.
    Would you please give us more information about it?

1. Do you encounter this issue regularly with a new Beta version? Or did it happen only once?
    2. What exactly were you doing in the game when a crash occured?
    3. Was Miqobot running at that moment, i.e. did you attempt to modify rotation on the fly?
    4. Can you reproduce this issue by repeating the same actions?
    5. Was there any information lost in Miqobot? Or was it only the game that was affected?
    6. When you restarted the game, did it run as usual or were there any other problems accompanying the crash?

Thank you very much!

1. First time this ever has happened to me, that’s why it caught me off guard. Only occurred in this beta.
    2. Hovering near a ephemeral node in Churning Mists (updating my gathering rotation steps). I had created some new rotations (using textpad to copy an existing presets and renaming the title). The actual rotation changes I made using Miqobot.
    3. I have not been able to reproduce this same error. I’ve created 4-5 more gathering presets this way with no other issue.
    4. Both FFXIV client and Miqobot crashed. I’ve never seen the Miqobot Radar window before (in the screenshot).
    5. No problems with either Miqobot or FFXIV client after restart.

Hope that helps!

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by dc0ke dc0ke.

Distant World
    Participant

I don’t understand how to use rotation for gathering 60.
    Can you explain me please the way to do it ?
    My character only gather normal item using the new rotation skills .
    I type Adamant in gather name, select the slot & type 4 in counter & use 470+ Collectability.
    Maybe i do something wrong.

( sorry for my awful english … )

Distant World
    Participant

Nevermind. I make it work without gather name.

billoute
    Participant

To tell Miqobot to switch to collect mode for a specific item using “gather by name” method, you need to write his name between bracket. Otherwise he won’t use the collectable rotating macro and will just gather it.
    AFAIK if you use “gather by name” you should leave the slot empty, it’s either one or the orther method, not both…well i think, i always gather by name anyway.

So you should write : {adamant} in the “gather by name” list

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by  billoute.

ramen
    Participant

I type Adamant in gather name, select the slot & type 4 in counter & use 470+ Collectability.

Be aware that the 470+ Collect rotation in Miqobot preset needs 650 GP. If you want 600 GP then you can edit the rotation and remove the ‘Gathering +5%’ setting just before the ‘Finish’.

Just put {[Adamantite Ore]} in the gather by name box and make sure the ‘slot’ is set to 0. Make sure you have 650 GP or remove the ‘Gathering +5%’ from the rotation preset with a quick Edit.

dc0ke
    dc0ke
    Participant

This may be an enhancement request, however after playing around with the crafting solver, I find myself often very confused how useful clicking each additional option. “Is the extra 30secs worth clicking this option?”

I would love for there to be a visual bar guide indicating if I use x,y,z settings then I have an estimated % chance of progress/quality and how many steps it would take.

Additionally, if I add settings a,b,c (in addition to x,y,z), then I can get an even better % chance of progress/quality at the cost of 10 more steps.

Right now, it feels like I’m just shooting in the dark and hoping for the best.

Distant World
    Participant

Thanks billoute & ramen for your explanation 🙂

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster
    1. First time this ever has happened to me, that’s why it caught me off guard. Only occurred in this beta.
    2. Hovering near a ephemeral node in Churning Mists (updating my gathering rotation steps). I had created some new rotations (using textpad to copy an existing presets and renaming the title). The actual rotation changes I made using Miqobot.
    3. I have not been able to reproduce this same error. I’ve created 4-5 more gathering presets this way with no other issue.
    4. Both FFXIV client and Miqobot crashed. I’ve never seen the Miqobot Radar window before (in the screenshot).
    5. No problems with either Miqobot or FFXIV client after restart.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much!

Miqoradar is just a separate process of Miqobot that draws an overlay window on top of your game. It is usually hidden to avoid bothering you with additional icons on your taskbar. However if you open processes list in Task Manager, you will see miqoradar.exe running alongside miqobot.exe. It is intended to be this way and there’s nothing wrong with it.

After detailed investigation we assume that the crash occured due to an error in video driver.

Unfortunately there is too little information to reproduce it, therefore we are not able to diagnose it. We don’t see anything wrong in your actions that could cause this issue, so most likely there are other factors involved.
    If you encounter it again, please let us know!

Miqobot
    Miqobot
    Keymaster

Thanks billoute & ramen for your explanation 🙂

As @billoute and @ramen said correctly, you should include item name in {} curly braces and verify that you have enough GP for the rotation.
    – Miqobot will apply a rotation to an item without braces only if there’s no other {item} in braces blocking it.
    – Miqobot will say a message in the Output Area if there’s not enough GP for the current rotation.

However, this is not the first time we receive reports about Gather by Name not working properly, but due to insufficient information provided we can not confirm whether the issue exists.
    Did advices from @billoute and @ramen help you?
    Does Gather by Name work correctly now?

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 98 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.