Assisted Combat

Forum Forums Discussion Assisted Combat

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  darkpokemon 3 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

Xion
    Participant

Do you know if that’s really a thing that’ll be happening or is that a rough estimate of time

Miqo should be updated by tomorrow and they been working on the rotation for some time so I would imagine it fair to expect it arrive at the same time unless it require some more work due to 5.5 changes.

Andylynyn
    Participant
    2+

Do you know if that’s really a thing that’ll be happening or is that a rough estimate of time

Miqo should be updated by tomorrow and they been working on the rotation for some time so I would imagine it fair to expect it arrive at the same time unless it require some more work due to 5.5 changes.

If I remember correctly the Miqo team themselves have said previously in a forum post that with the new FF update, they’d release 80 rotations along with the patch to support the newest FF update.

darkpokemon
    Participant
    1+

Omg so does that mean tomorrow Sometime everything will be 80 rotation??????? Last I saw they were at 75% if that’s so then I’m way more excited about that than the new patch!! I’ve been trying to play with controller since it hurts my hands the least amount but everyone is wondering why I’m avoiding doing roulettes or the new msq and it sucks emotionally not being able to tell them when I used to be the tank or the healer they needed

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant
    1+

I have only recently started using the assistant combat function, and by recently I mean like only a couple of weeks.. and I have only used it with my White Mage, Red Mage, and a tiny bit with Samurai so far. I will say using it with WHM and RDM have been a blast and… I have learned how much I suck at doing rotations manually myself because I always forget to use cooldown skills in a timely fashion, for example. I noticed with Miqo my DPS as a RDM shot way up, and instead of being in the lower half of DPS in an alliance raid, for example, I was at the top. O_O It’s amazing how much of a difference those little things can add up.

I’ve always figured I’d never get to do end game content stuff cause I already knew how much I personally suck at doing things myself, and while I also am not a huge fan of knowing I’m… cheating in a way… I also feel I actually stand a chance at finally contributing something to a group and not being as afraid to attempt it.

Borelia
    Participant
    2+

I know a few people have mentioned “cheating” – I personally dont feel in this particular game, it is as bad as it might seem. If this application abused the game to the point where it directly effected others play experience – I probably wouldnt use it. But since all it is really doing in regards to the combat assistance – is just helping you do damage and what not and not effecting others gameplay.

Secondly, I have also seen people mentioning (which effects me also) is wrist injuries or conditions that without this application – would not have the opportunity to enjoy the content they want to enjoy.

I played drums in a metal band for 10 years, after enough blast beats, my wrists are shot and without MQ – I would never be able to do what I love to do in this game.

Xion
    Participant
    1+

I know a few people have mentioned “cheating” – I personally dont feel in this particular game, it is as bad as it might seem.

For most part it is a stigma.

kdumbledore
    kdumbledore
    Participant
    4+

Definitely a huge negative stigma. I know too many people that would judge me and not talk to me anymore if they knew I used Miqobot at all, no matter what part of it I used the fact that I use it at all is a big no-no. I’m in Discord servers that expressly ban any type of automating anything, and Miqo does just that… xD

Still, I feel Miqo is safe to use and that I won’t get in any trouble unless I start expressly going around and telling people “HEY EVERYONE I’M USING A BOT PROGRAM!!” And the term bot is even iffy there, cause I have different levels of what I think is acceptable and what isn’t with “botting”. I’ll use a program like Miqobot, but I refuse to use one that hacks into the game and actually changes things in the game itself.

syn3rgetic
    syn3rgetic
    Participant

Different circumstances for everyone I suppose.

darkpokemon
    Participant

Oh man I can’t wait for 80 rotations personally, I was never a huge fan of the melee with assisted combat (samurai wasn’t to bad I guess) but SCREEEEEE am I excited!!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.