Assisted Combat

Forum Forums Discussion Assisted Combat

This topic contains 23 replies, has 13 voices, and was last updated by  darkpokemon 3 years ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author

darkpokemon
    Participant
    2+

Hey everyone! So I’ve been using miqobot now for awhile since I have a disability that prevents me from actually playing controller or keyboard/mouse I love it so much and it’s able to make it so I can enjoy this game (sucks when the new patches happen or when miqobot has to shut down but it’s the way she be I sometimes) I was wondering if their are other people out there that use strictly the assisted combat and if so what classes they use? What classes do you find the best fitted for assisted combat or gets the most value out of it? What class do you think performs the worse or doesn’t really work at all? I would love to hear all your responses I’m just patiently waiting for miqobot to be running again so I can play the new MSQ!

Akula
    Akula
    Participant

I suffer from fibromyalgia so my movements are limited especially with my fingers.
    Easiest class I’d suggest for non hardcore / endgame raids would be WHM or BRD as they use very little skills compared to some though others might disagree.

Andylynyn
    Participant
    3+

I can tell both of you guys that with just a little bit of manual steering, you can clear endgame raids/savages with Assisted Combat, I’m speaking of WHM, but I’m sure BRD and MCH can do it too pretty easily.

Do mechanics, make sure you don’t get hit by stuff you’re not meant to get hit, and you’ll breeze through it while Miqo handles all of the combat. Healing right now is still a little “robotic” so I usually have heals turned off and pre-cast some medica, give divine benison manually or use Lilies at more opportune times (like when moving).

Don’t let a disability or physical impairment keep you from enjoying savages or endgame stuff. It is very doable with Miqo’s help.

Xion
    Participant
    1+

Only thing it might not use some skill optimally (miqo dont know when a phase change will occur) but I’ve been using it for SMN and works really good.

darkpokemon
    Participant

I have been using mch and its pretty good it’s opener is apparently way wrong but no one has ever said anything to me yet I’ve been trying to play BLM with it lately I manually work the Leylines I was wondering if there were other classes out there that people use quite successfully with Miqo

Borelia
    Participant

Basically there are a few skills that do not populate, but I am not 100% sure if that is by design so the player can make an individual choice to use it. Perfect example is RDM’s level 80 rotation does not use Scorch, the final huge potency skill in the combo. So that tends to lose a lot of dps if you arent watching it and using it manually.

Other jobs tend to do this but not all of them. Another example is DNC and BRD’s resource spending skills like DNC – Saber Dance and Flourish. For BRD its Apex Arrow. But again, I am unsure if this is by design or not.

For the majority of the jobs it works beautifully.

Lyfox
    Lyfox
    Participant
    5+

Keep in mind Miqo team are going to release level 80 rotations this or next week. So any advice you get right now will probably be outdated.

darkpokemon
    Participant

Do you know if that’s really a thing that’ll be happening or is that a rough estimate of time

Borelia
    Participant

Thanks for the heads up Lyfox. I just assumed it was to allow players to manually cast but it is nice to know they are working on that. As I have stated before, if I had the money to donate I would outside of the monthly sub.

bottybot
    Participant
    1+

I have a disability which prevents me pressing buttons with any accuracy (this post took me about 10 minutes). Miqobot has allowed me to continue to play a game I love and connect with people. With a few macro tweaks I have played the following jobs clearing raids: WHM, BRD, MCH, DNC and PLD. If I’m honest I don’t like the fact that I’m technically cheating but as long as I don’t tell anyone in game and don’t act suspiciously I think I’m safe. One thing I did when I first used assist was to go afk in the middle of a raid and Pelaton kept going off. I removed it from my hotbar but it drew attention so be careful about things like that. I am immensely grateful to the team here and am patiently waiting to get back into the game.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  bottybot.

darkpokemon
    Participant

I’ve always wanted to try paladin but I found the assisted didn’t work very well with it same with scholar since miqo has a bard time with reacting healing (or even with defensive ability they’re always AFTER the tank busters lol) I usually use drk and manually cast TBN and the few defensive spells but even that gets a bit tough on the hands

Krude
    Participant

I’ve reached scores of 80 on fflogs with combat assist on current savage fights with some hand-crafted optimizations to rotation. Even if you let it run full-auto, you can easily get to like 50%, which still puts you roughly into the top half of all performances.

And on easier stuff like alliance raids, it’s definitely possible to get 95%+ with combat assist.

It’s very helfpul for progressing on fights, because even when you usually optimize miqo’s normal rotation, you can just drop all skill attention and fully concentrate on mechanics / movement for a while at the drop of a hat.

KFC
    Participant

I removed it from my hotbar but it drew attention so be careful about things like that. I am immensely grateful to the team here and am patiently waiting to get back into the game.

you can have miqobot have a hotbar ignored its the + symbol above the help button, things like Peloton, third eye, tank cd, etc.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by  KFC.
    MTCruvinel
    MTCruvinel
    Participant
    1+

Keep in mind Miqo team are going to release level 80 rotations this or next week. So any advice you get right now will probably be outdated.

Is this true? If so, this is AMAZING. Can’t wait, this got me more excited than the patch 5.5 itself.

pussyfoot
    Participant

My favorite class for Miqo is the bard. Now it’s not perfect. She’ll dot a mob that’s almost dead. But she keeps the songs up (boosting the group). It’s extremely mobile. She is quick on using their single target detrimental effect removal. Overall, just a pleasure to watch. You have to manually do one ability till the rotations are fixed, and you need to either hide peloton under a macro or tell her to ignore it, but by far my favorite class to use with her.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.